Scott Carson

Cam the Ram

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I'd have thought £4m+ for Carson - and is'd definitely have thought there'd be a Premier League club for him. Stoke would be such a crap move for him, he's so much better than that.

So they want £25 million for butland and our value of carson is £4-5 million. I know whic one has a champions league winners medal   And only one relagation on his cv unlike butland who now has rather a few relagations 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, GenBr said:

You would be lucky to get that kind of money for Vydra. He is older and a goalkeeper and will likely go for £1 to 2 million. We won't get much for him.

There was a study that showed that goalkeepers are the cheapest position on the pitch to buy a player despite the fact it’s the position which a good signing can most dramatically transform a team 

17 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Stoke will probably cash in on Butland now they've been relegated and the player will want to stay in the PL to help retain his position in the England squad so a move by Rowett to bring in Carson would hardly be a surprise.

He's had a great season for us but I reckon we'd be lucky to get £1.5m for him.

He's had a great however many seasons hes been here. You say we'd be lucky to get 1.5 for him...but he is our player. We don't have to sell. unless they offer silly money why sell. He's won points on his own for us.

51 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Keep him unless Stoke want to pay silly money. Do what clubs often do to us.

We don't have to sell him. He's made it clear that he's very happy here and he has a great relationship with the fans.

If we ship him on for any less than 4-5 million I won't be happy.

Is it just me but in the days of paying £6 million for johnson and £5 million for Butterfield who are both very average players don’t people think a damm good goalkeeper should be attracting £8 - £10 million at least 

Get rid if we can get the right price for him.

He only loves it here because under Gary he's been so busy, once we get back to the sexy football he'll be bored by the January window and wanting to go, just to keep his hands warm and stop himself seizing up during games.

5 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Get rid if we can get the right price for him.

He only loves it here because under Gary he's been so busy, once we get back to the sexy football he'll be bored by the January window and wanting to go, just to keep his hands warm and stop himself seizing up during games.

Have you seen our next home kit and have we replaced shirts with satin basques??

On 21/05/2018 at 15:55, Millenniumram said:

I’m going to play devils advocate here. Before I start, I must make it clear that I am absolutely of the belief that Scott Carson is one of our best goalkeepers in years, and his shot stopping is second to none.

However, I think there is a point to be made that has distribution has been problematic to us this season. Obviously the tactical approach contributes, but Carson has given the ball away 50% of the time he’s had it statistically this season. That’s a lot, given we all know part of our downfall this season has been giving away possession. So perhaps there an arguement to be made that having a goalkeeper who can distribute better will benefit the team as a whole? This is obviously assuming we find one good enough to replace him.

Like I say all devils advocate, rather not lose him and have the problem, but I don’t think it’ll nessercerily destroy us.

If I made a list of players that I want to keep, Carson would be number 1 followed by Davies 

having all of those red and white stripes in front of him, it would ruin his eyesight ? 

anyway they have Lee Grant ?

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

If I made a list of players that I want to keep, Carson would be number 1 followed by Davies 

having all of those red and white stripes in front of him, it would ruin his eyesight ? 

anyway they have Lee Grant ?

The exact reason why they are looking for Carson when Butland leaves.

23 hours ago, Sparkle said:

So they want £25 million for butland and our value of carson is £4-5 million. I know whic one has a champions league winners medal   And only one relagation on his cv unlike butland who now has rather a few relagations 

Carson was relegated with Charlton, WBA and Wigan.

Butland's relegation last season was his first 

16 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Before valuing him , remember Middlesbrough paid £5 million for Darren Randolph

Interestingly Randolph took over from Carson at Charlton

46 minutes ago, Rample said:

Carson was relegated with Charlton, WBA and Wigan.

Butland's relegation last season was his first 

Interestingly Randolph took over from Carson at Charlton

I wasn’t aware that Carson was ever at charlton, I missed the wba from my memory and I believed butland was at Brum but hey thanks for the update

15 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Would be the biggest loss for us imo even more so than Ince and Hughes

Hughes wasn't a big loss for us, did you watch his games (The one's he was fit for) the season before his transfer?

Ince was a big loss, but not a "Rowett" player and or the funds needed.

8 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Hughes wasn't a big loss for us, did you watch his games (The one's he was fit for) the season before his transfer?

Ince was a big loss, but not a "Rowett" player and or the funds needed.

Hughes was a big loss... did you not see Hull away???

Archived