Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Presumably off to qpr...

Can't blame him,probably guaranteed starter,with the team built around him under Mac.

Damn shame for us but he has been pissed about enough by the club of late,can't blame him at all

Lets hope we don't regret it.

@RoyMac5

There’s a chance he could Be I’ll, I mean Vydra was at least present for testing and he seems for certain Hel be joining Leeds.

I agree, CM is probably my favourite striker in my Years following derby, he and we were incredible for 18 months but that time is long gone unfortunately. Qpr would be a good move for him, as you say team will be built around him. Like a lot on here he’s probably also pining to relive the MAC1 years.

22 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

@RoyMac5

There’s a chance he could Be I’ll, I mean Vydra was at least present for testing and he seems for certain Hel be joining Leeds.

I agree, CM is probably my favourite striker in my Years following derby, he and we were incredible for 18 months but that time is long gone unfortunately. Qpr would be a good move for him, as you say team will be built around him. Like a lot on here he’s probably also pining to relive the MAC1 years.

Martin hasn't only played well under Mac 1 though. But he does seem to be like Vydra, wanting to be settled somewhere - which is probably why he was so keen to come back here. Remember the start of last preseason, he was keen to get going again. Rowett made it sound like he was in his plans, and when it was clear he wasn't then Chris wanted out on loan.

He's had a crap time the last couple of seasons but it doesn't mean he's not a good professional and he's not disruptive in the dressing room - according to the Snake last year! It'd be good to know what was going on from DCFC, clean slate for all or not?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's had a crap time the last couple of seasons but it doesn't mean he's not a good professional and he's not disruptive in the dressing room - according to the Snake last year! It'd be good to know what was going on from DCFC, clean slate for all or not?

It is a clean start but if teams are offerening money for a player, decisions have to be made. If took all the players away the offers might not still be there by the time they return.

If franks going to hit the ground running you would hope he already has an idea of who can do what and who he wants for the season ahead. 

Well,I'll still be having it printed this week in my new shirt in the old lads honour together with number 9...probably the last time then.

Brysons next time if Martin goes and he steps up to the plate this season

Edit,just seen Frank's interview upon his arrival in tenerife..confirmed Both vydra and Martin were injured but looking forwards to them rejoining the group on their return.

still seems sus tho....

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,I'll still be having it printed this week in my new shirt in the old lads honour together with number 9...probably the last time then.

Brysons next time if Martin goes and he steps up to the plate this season

Edit,just seen Frank's interview upon his arrival in tenerife..confirmed Both vydra and Martin were injured but looking forwards to them rejoining the group on their return.

still seems sus tho....

Didn’t he say Martin had issues to sort out or maybe I mis heard that bit but I didn’t hear that he was injured - which could mean anything of course from family illness, bereavement, fixing the gate or like me constantly waiting for the electrician to turn up 

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Didn’t he say Martin had issues to sort out or maybe I mis heard that bit but I didn’t hear that he was injured - which could mean anything of course from family illness, bereavement, fixing the gate or like me constantly waiting for the electrician to turn up 

Did wonder whether the lack of play at Reading combined with Clements training plus thinking you were returning to the Snake has led Chrissie off the straight and narrow diet! 

But really its more likely there's an attempted deal... #cynicalheadon

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It sort of sounded as if chris martin was training on his own away from moor farm??

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Rams boss on why Vydra and Martin have not travelled to Tenerife https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lampard-says-vydra-martin-not-1736526

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

So according to Steve nicholson today,Chris has an abdominal problem and is being eased back into training at moor farm....

Looks like people have jumped the gun, not for the first time.

If this is the story, then there is no reason to assume Martin isn't part of our plans next season.

Good.

13 hours ago, Carnero said:

Looks like people have jumped the gun, not for the first time.

If this is the story, then there is no reason to assume Martin isn't part of our plans next season.

Good.

Chris Martin as part of a high energy, high press game?

I don't think so. 

Archived