Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500k, fantastic. Think it’s time to move him on as he’s not the player he once was, but we’ve gotta get more than that for goodness sake! How will we replace him with that!

The more I see the more I worry that Rowett has absolutely no idea of the market... or someone doesn’t certainly it may be higher up. Think this will undermine our future more than tactics and who we decide comes and goes...

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

500k, fantastic. Think it’s time to move him on as he’s not the player he once was, but we’ve gotta get more than that for goodness sake! How will we replace him with that!

The more I see the more I worry that Rowett has absolutely no idea of the market... or someone doesn’t certainly it may be higher up. Think this will undermine our future more than tactics and who we decide comes and goes...

I'm pretty sure there are no plans whatsoever to replace him.

I'm equally sure Rowett has no influence on what is paid or received for players.

clarkeram7

People are deluded to think we'd get anything near what we got 2 years ago after two very average seasons. The problem with Martin is that he only plays well in a particular formation with particular players. He's technically not a good footballer at all, I'd be pleased if we got over a million for him. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What exactly have you seen that makes you more worried about Rowett? A newspaper has reported that QPR will make an offer of 500k. They have neither offered, nor have we (Rowett) accepted 500k.

Looking at the bigger picture, that's  £500,000 income as opposed to £1,500,000 expenditure on Martin's wages, if the £30,000 a week is accurate. That's a £2,000,000 turnaround in the next twelve months alone.

I would be very sorry to see him go as he has been one of my favourites but Rowett doesn't want him and he is in charge.

I'll be keeping an eye on him and wishing him well wherever he goes.

5 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

People are deluded to think we'd get anything near what we got 2 years ago after two very average seasons. The problem with Martin is that he only plays well in a particular formation with particular players. He's technically not a good footballer at all, I'd be pleased if we got over a million for him. 

FFS he’s probably the best technical footballer we’ve had for ages. He makes up for his lack of pace and mobility by being technically brilliant. Ok slate him for his deficiencies but not his technical ability. Silly Billy 

Use him the right way and he will score goals for fun at this level, Stevie Mc knows how to use him in the right way, anything under a million is a steal but we have made money on the loan fees as well as the fact we got him on a free.

Will be sad to see him go but out of favour and on high wages. Hopefully get at least a million for him though

clarkeram7
17 minutes ago, Doodle said:

FFS he’s probably the best technical footballer we’ve had for ages. He makes up for his lack of pace and mobility by being technically brilliant. Ok slate him for his deficiencies but not his technical ability. Silly Billy 

Technically brilliant.. Slight exaggeration! The only thing hes brilliant at is buying free kicks! Regardless, we don't play his way anymore.. Teams worked him and our style of play out 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm pretty sure there are no plans whatsoever to replace him.

I'm equally sure Rowett has no influence on what is paid or received for players.

If there isn’t were in trouble, striker has to be a major priority this summer.

Its an interesting one really because we’ve been mugged off in the market for years now... someone at board level needs to be woken up to the world we operate in.

Archived