Winnall

Waffle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/06/2018 at 13:55, Lambchop said:

Also notice the comments about Carvalhal being responsible for poor man management, and for poor training regarding all their injuries.

So glad we didn’t appoint him. 

Me too. I have a couple of Wendies supporting colleagues. It sounded very Clement - neat and tidy but something missing. Win all by all accounts was their spark in games but just didn’t get the opportunities because he didn’t fit the philosophy. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Winnall by all accounts was their spark in games but just didn’t get the opportunities because he didn’t fit the philosophy. 

Nor here either - perhaps that tells something? He seemed to be good off the bench, but...

On 20/05/2018 at 13:17, Waffle said:

Pondering over areas I feel we will look to strengthen (left back, mobile centre mid, another winger and a striker) my mind went to the potential signing of Sam Winnall. 

I love the passion he has for the club but I do worry about how he will be after returning from his injury?

We just need a top quality out and out striker. Same as last season, and the one before, so on and so forth....

Like Sam a lot. I was thinking it's a big risk signing him off an ACL injury though unless it's for peanuts until I read this on the Owls forum: 

@owlstalk said: 

Does anyone know what really happened?

The answer ?

He had a go at Fletcher and FF, all boiled over. Fletcher got a size ten in the plums. FF got grappled by the throat and thrown to the ground. FF’s shorts got ripped in a powerful wedgie. 

???

GET HIM SIGNED FRANK! 

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

He'll probably go to stoke

Hope so as I'd like him to get a decent deal - just not with us. We have so many ACL injuries at the club without bringing in a player who's trying to get back to fitness after one. Signing someone in those circumstances would be a whole new level of madness. 

• 7 months later...

Archived