Nick Blackman return?

BatRam

23 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He is awful. 

Someone just said his best spell was at reading....so I checked out his goal record during that time..18 goals is 103 appearances.......????? In this league, that is rubbish. 

His Reading career reads 18 goals, 51 starts, 52 sub appearances, 5144 minutes on the pitch which in game time = 57 games

A goal every 285 minutes which is roughly a goal every 3 games overall.

Doesn't sound as bad now does it? Season breakdown:

13/14 - Goal every 260 minutes played

14/15 - Goal every 552 minutes played

15/16 - Goal every 187 minutes played

This season for Tel Aviv 7 goals, started 15 games, 4 sub appearances, 1424 minutes on the pitch which in game time = 15 games.

A goal every 203 minutes which is roughly a goal every 2 games.

#Stats

Oh he also has a Europa League Goal on top of all that against Villarreal.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

His Reading career reads 18 goals, 51 starts, 52 sub appearances, 5144 minutes on the pitch which in game time = 57 games

This season for Tel Aviv 7 goals, started 15 games, 4 sub appearances, 1424 minutes on the pitch which in game time = 15 games.

#Stats

Oh he also has a Europa League Goal on top of all that. 

Does that mean he's Derbys 3rd highest scorer this season?

23 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I just don't think it's worth keeping him around unless we give him a go in his natural position, which is a striker. Even Reading fans will tell you that's his best position.

They won't tell me that. I know this because I seem to have this debate with someone every summer, and every time I ask Reading fans where he played his best football, and they all tell me it was on the right wing. I've never heard one Reading fans say his best position is as a striker. And why would they? He was pants as a striker for them.

In fact, if you look at his career, you can see that at every team he has played for as a striker,  he's not done very well. The only time he has ever flourished was on the right hand side of a 4-2-3-1 at Reading. By Christmas, he was one of the top scorers in the Championship, and the stand-out talent. 

Then along comes Derby. We buy the most exciting attacking talent in the division (at the time) for a position that was already filled by Tom Ince.

We played him on the left. We played him up front. We played him a couple of times as a No.10, and it's never worked. Is that his fault? Partially, but not entirely. Like Weimann, we've never played the lad in the position he's best in.

Ironically, the one position we've been weakest in this season was on the right hand side of our 4-2-3-1. Football's a funny old game. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

#Stats

Oh he also has a Europa League Goal on top of all that against Villarreal.

thanks for breaking that down......and it all points to the same thing....he doesn't score goals....over 100 appearances and not even 20 goals...!!! 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

In fact, if you look at his career, you can see that at every team he has played for as a striker,  he's not done very well.

Looking at his stats this season, he’s played 7 as a striker with 3 goals, 2 assists in the league and played up top v Villarreal in the Europa League to get his goal.

Says himself he feels like his best position is central, maybe we can get the best of both worlds playing him as an inside forward with the 3 up top?

Just now, David said:

Says himself he feels like his best position is central, maybe we can get the best of both worlds playing him as an inside forward with the 3 up top?

I would definitely be up for having a look at that. It's worked wonders for Lawrence, so why not?! We've got nothing to lose in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

thanks for breaking that down......and it all points to the same thing....he doesn't score goals....over 100 appearances and not even 20 goals...!!! 

You’re ignoring the fact that in minutes it’s just under 60 games, he can come on for the last 2 minutes not score and gets chalked up as an appearance, a substitution which was to run down the clock, not exactly fair. Over 100 appearances doesn’t tell the full story.

3 minutes ago, David said:

You’re ignoring the fact that in minutes it’s just under 60 games, he can come on for the last 2 minutes not score and gets chalked up as an appearance, a substitution which was to run down the clock, not exactly fair. Over 100 appearances doesn’t tell the full story.

Of course it doesn't. Especially if you don't want it to.

But he said afterwards: "I'm confident in my ability when I play as a striker. When I was scoring a lot of goals earlier in the season I was playing up front.

"The manager has asked me to do a job on the wing, but I don't think it's my best position."

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/14183513.TRANSFER_RUMOUR__Derby_County_set_to_pip_Sheffield_Wednesday_to_signing_of_Reading_FC_top_scorer_Nick_Blackman/

Good night!

22 hours ago, TomSaint said:

Could Nick Blackman play a crucial role in next season ? with Rowett being told not to spend anything and sell everyone, Id say Nick Blackman would be a great player to keep. 

With 19apps 7goals 3 apps not too bad.

What do you guys think 

no

All of the loanees have shown form in the last 2 or 3 seasons with previous clubs, I think it's down to the manager to extract that form out of them again. 

For example, after last season, was anyone rushing to put money on Vydra finding his goalscoring touch again, never mind winning the golden boot? 

Look i agree he isnt the best player thats why i stated back up player. Only reason I would keep him is because he is a low wage earner compared to the other 4. This allows money in wages to be freed to spend on 1st team players. Why pay big wages to 3 players warming a sub bench.  Vydra as I also agreed has been fantastic but will Derby turn down a lump sum offer I very much doubt it. We still need players to warm a subs bench I just dont want them being the highest earners. 

Archived