Mikel Arteta Arsenal Manager

David

Just waiting on the official announcement they say, guess they are hoping he’s a Pep, could be a Shearer though.

Some will say it’s a sign of how far Arsenal have fallen, unable to attract a top manager, but to be fair all the early talk was they wanted someone young, month younger than myself so you can’t get much younger than that I guess.

Always an interesting one when a complete unknown walks into a top job.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

If its true its bizarre.

I hope for him he does well, but hope for Arsenal fans who hounded our Wenger he is a disaster and they are knocking on Big Sams door come December to try and save them from relegation.

I'm never a fan of ex-players walking into a top job despite not having the management experience. Playing and managing are so different. You wouldn't do it in any other business and expect it to work.

But like you said, it will be interesting.

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And so the decline of Arsenal football club begins. Excellent.

I really do hope so. Fed up of pundits on Tv or Talk sport etc saying their fans deserve better because they have hardly won anything of late.

Actually no they deserve nothing, because they shouldnt be in the top flight anyway and only got there by bribing someone with a wad of cash.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I really do hope so. Fed up of pundits on Tv or Talk sport etc saying their fans deserve better because they have hardly won anything of late.

Actually no they deserve nothing, because they shouldnt be in the top flight anyway and only got there by bribing someone with a wad of cash.

Indeed - the only team never to earn their place in the top league based on merit.

Just now, Kernow said:

Did Wenger have any input on his successor? It would be a similar situation to Ferguson where a failure after their departure will actually strengthen their legacy further.

Didn't Wenger come out in support for Arteta? 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Didn't Wenger come out in support for Arteta? 

Ferguson helped pick Moyes too. I imagine there's some kind of hope deep down that he doesn't do very well if he is hired. If he transforms Arsenal then it'll strengthen the view that Wenger should've gone a long time before he actually did.

I thought Arteta was well respected within football. A lot of players like Sterling reckon he’s improved them & Pep raves about him. Supposed to be the next big thing in management... saying that do was Clement

15 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I liked Arteta very much as a player especially at Everton. 

But if he's still there at Christmas then dig me up, butter me and roast me with a chicken.

Can't we just stick you in the oven like we normally do?

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I liked Arteta very much as a player especially at Everton. 

But if he's still there at Christmas then dig me up, butter me and roast me with a chicken.

Surely the seasonal thing would be turkey or goose?

Arsenal could have appointed almost anyone in the world of management.  If they wanted young, they had options such as Nagelsmann, Tedesco, or even Van Bronckhorst. 

If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd be quite worried if Arteta is confirmed. It'd seem as though the board accept that Arsenal are no longer a major club

Archived