Ongoing Stuff

McRainy

Oh god, it’s Wirksworth Carnival. Smartly dressed people with well spoken children are filing expectantly past my window. A saxophonist is warming up in the market place and bunting is flapping merrily. 

Bank holidays, like bank anything else, only exist to make life less bearable. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Oh god, it’s Wirksworth Carnival. Smartly dressed people with well spoken children are filing expectantly past my window. A saxophonist is warming up in the market place and bunting is flapping merrily. 

Bank holidays, like bank anything else, only exist to make life less bearable. 

Sounds like visitors from outside the area then?

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Must be Londoners...?

I said well spoken!

Anyway, that lot must have facked orf by the evening, as the pavements were full of yawping blokes with tats and trackies by half nine.

I nearly got pissed on going up crown yard, and the comment was, sorry duck, that were a close ‘un, not, watch where you’re going, you slaaag!

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

I said well spoken!

Anyway, that lot must have facked orf by the evening, as the pavements were full of yawping blokes with tats and trackies by half nine.

I nearly got pissed on going up crown yard, and the comment was, sorry duck, that were a close ‘un, not, watch where you’re going, you slaaag!

Yeah good point. We would have just pissed on you. 

Ah hem  West London ya know  The posh bit. Actually South West London, even posher.

Trackies sounds like Scoucers.  Anything missing?

47 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Only Loris. 

Isn't south west London basically a suburb of Reading?

Typical northerner. You can dream ?

Too many trees up your way.  Would all make a nice park and ride for access to London. 

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I’m from Bedfordshire. 

Even as Londoners venture further and further up the M1 looking for cheaper housing, I hear some have been seen as far up as Luton. They'll still consider anyone not born south of Watford a northener

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I hear some have been seen as far up as Luton.

They’ve been further up than that for a long time, oo er. Even in my childhood, villages like the one I come from in the Ouse valley were becoming commuter dormitories, with schools and shops closing and house prices rocketing. The south east is ruined by London. 

I came to Derbyshire as a student when I left home and never looked back. 

On 24/05/2018 at 18:14, Lambchop said:

Light refreshment at the Malt Shovel only. Not been to the Bear for ages. 

Yeah maybe don't bother...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/the-bear-inn-hygiene-derbyshire-1589090

Although to be fair, i often wonder how many stars my own kitchen would achieve should it be subject to a hygiene test. I'm not sure my massive boxer dog always cleans up his slobber.

Been for a nice evening walk as far as Hopton, and got back to the pub to discover my legs are covered in bites. Friend I was with didn’t get any at all, which pisses me off. 

If it’s mozzies I can do the skin so soft thing to fend them off, but I suspect I’ve been got by the little whatevers that leap out of the grass to attack your thighs. Damn it!

11 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ended up walking back carrying both kids and both kids' scooters.

Surely, with two scooters, there must be some arrangement whereby you can fasten them together and lash any recalcitrant kids on board, thereby wheeling rather than carrying...

• 4 months later...

Archived