Ongoing Stuff

McRainy

So, sat at home, my dungeons and dragons group have left, we’ve drunk all the wine, and all I have left is about a quarter of a bottle of Ardbeg, some weird creme brûlée stuff from Marks and Sparks, which I got for Christmas, and the dregs of a 12 yr old bottle of Highland Park. For the record, I also have elderflower cordial and milk. 

I’ve listened to the early Sisters of Mercy 12 inches, a couple of The The albums, and now heading into late night Massive Attack territory. 

Am I alone? Does anyone else get to this point where they want to stay up all night listening to trip-hop and caning single malt?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

So, sat at home, my dungeons and dragons group have left, we’ve drunk all the wine, and all I have left is about a quarter of a bottle of Ardbeg, some weird creme brûlée stuff from Marks and Sparks, which I got for Christmas, and the dregs of a 12 yr old bottle of Highland Park. For the record, I also have elderflower cordial and milk. 

I’ve listened to the early Sisters of Mercy 12 inches, a couple of The The albums, and now heading into late night Massive Attack territory. 

Am I alone? Does anyone else get to this point where they want to stay up all night listening to trip-hop and caning single malt?

Drugs will do all that to you..

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Yes, I'm a bit like that. But without the dungeons and dragons group. I don't drink alcohol. Oh, and a very different taste in music. 

But being up all night, I'm with you! 

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

nothin wrong with a few badly rolled cigarettes, quadruple measured whiskeys and massive attack before bed.

7 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It’s only 6%, which isn’t bad for proper cider, but I’m feeling it now. 

?????

That’s the trouble we tramps face. A session on the bench can be over quite quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You’ll have to tell me your method.

Well, you have to be quick with the cider as it does tend to creep up on you by surprise.

Don’t sit too far from the loo, and don’t wear anything you can’t get off in a hurry is my best advice. 

21 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Here is some rowan blossom from today’s walk; Wirksworth up to Alderwasley via Bolehill. Smelt lovely. 

48A94D24-76C4-41FE-BFFE-513FED7FC606.jpeg

You don't fool me with your blossom. There's only one reason people go to Alderwasley. You got pissed in The Bear didn't you? 

I thought I was the dogs balls yesterday, driving around with the sunroof wide open like dukes of hazard. Straight to the beer garden from work to meet the Mrs and kids, left the car there, walked home in the warm evening. Thought I was on holiday.

Of course I've gone to fetch the car this morning, sunroof still open, car flooded and the bloody electric windows have randomly decided to open themselves and stay open. Driving around today all windows open freezing me tits off.

13 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

sunroof still open, car flooded

That is so unfortunate. 

Reminds me of staring wistfully out of a pub window once, as the rain gradually filled up an open top Mercedes belonging to the loud and pompous man pontificating at the bar. 

Incidentally, no sunroof on the General Lee, but at least you can now Duke it up by climbing through the windows...

Archived