Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Suggestions are that Smith made it working on his own at Walsall. So it'd be win-win there. 

Yes very true...if he will get us playing fast flowing attacking football I’m all for him ...can’t beleive the amount of games last season where it was dull ...we have good players a few younger additions and we are still contenders ??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Saity said:

This may well be very pivotal and maybe waiting to see if Fulham don’t go up and trying for Jokanovic maybe a serious alternative and more realistic than we think as most of his team I will imagine will want prem league football next season and will more than likely tear his team apart..a fresh start might suit Jokanovic ...just wishful thinking maybe 

Do we think Jokanovic might still hold a little beef with us over the Chris Martin affair? I expect he’ll lay ultimate responsibility for that at Mel’s door, rightly or not, either way it may enter into his thinking.

On 21/05/2018 at 17:59, CornwallRam said:

Why does he deserve it? Since he's been running the academy it has produced no first team regulars, despite being funded to the hilt.

*Hughes and Hendrick were there before Wassall and moved into the first team squad during his first season.

Ah okay, I thought he did.

Bring in Big Mick then ??

Simon Jordan withering towards rowett on TalkSpurt this morning. 

Quite a good listen. Basically was writing his career obituary. "14 months in a job, failed to achieve what he was there to do, bats his eyelashes,  leaves. Chairmen will look at that when forming a view as to whether he's a viable manager ".

Priceless ?

4 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Don't worry, he'll probably do something different to what he says anyway

Says: "I'm going to win you the league"

Means: "We'll win League one in 2019/2020 after I relegate us in 2018/2019"

Does: "Haha fook off peasants, we're mid-table and I'm fooking off to Swansea because they're 7th and ££££ haha peasants!"

7 hours ago, Saity said:

I’m hoping that a new manager will bring us back together a bit more ...there was such a division regarding Rowett,tactics ,style ,transfers etc 

i know we all have our entitled opinions but would’nt it be nice if the next appointment fills us with optimism ( that for me counts out the merry go round managers )

i also think after listening to others on here there may well be some truth in the theories that Brentford managers are successful because of the team behind the scenes just as much as the manager at the front...Warburton then Smith .

This may well be very pivotal and maybe waiting to see if Fulham don’t go up and trying for Jokanovic maybe a serious alternative and more realistic than we think as most of his team I will imagine will want prem league football next season and will more than likely tear his team apart..a fresh start might suit Jokanovic ...just wishful thinking maybe 

Absolutely zero chance of getting Jokanovic. We would have no chance even if Chelsea weren't interested.

"And Jokanovic, whose Fulham team they meet Aston Villa at Wembley on Saturday, is high on Chelsea’s list of potential candidates to replace Conte.

Serbian Jokanovic, 49, has impressed the Chelsea hierarchy with his skilful side’s free flowing football this season."

Can't see the point of keeping any of the first-team coaches - new manager should bring his own people.

To be honest I was never quite sure what Rowett's mates did anyway - seems that there was the tall bloke that held the clipboard, a shorter bloke that occasionally fell out with the opposition manager during games and another couple that didn't seem to contribute much at all....and as they didn't exactly revolutionise our on pitch activities, you have to wonder if they actually added any value....

43 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Can't see the point of keeping any of the first-team coaches - new manager should bring his own people.

To be honest I was never quite sure what Rowett's mates did anyway - seems that there was the tall bloke that held the clipboard, a shorter bloke that occasionally fell out with the opposition manager during games and another couple that didn't seem to contribute much at all....and as they didn't exactly revolutionise our on pitch activities, you have to wonder if they actually added any value....

Exactly. Was never impressed by his backroom team. I suppose they might be great but to me always came over as lower league.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Exactly. Was never impressed by his backroom team. I suppose they might be great but to me always came over as lower league.

Matched the quality of the football ?

14 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can’t help but notice his coaching team is STILL listed on our website and also Stoke’s say TBC. 

I imagine we're essentially holding them to ransom and making Stoke pay extra if they want them too.

I was going to say before the above post it leads to all sorts of theories:-

Mel has decided they are the reason behind the positives last season and wants to keep them on especially if it's an untested coach

He's looking for some continuity

He's considering an internal promotion

Stoke won't let Gary Retreat employ his own men which I love the sound of.

3 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

If we're ascribing names, then surely a leaf out of the Warnock anagram-generator.

Hence:

Rogery T wat.

Personally I'd just shorten it to Roger.

You sir are a genious - Roger Y **** it is,

Archived