Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, TomG said:

According to SSN, Gary Rowett's representatives are in 'advanced talks' with Stoke about a move.  Personally, I'm disappointed with all of this, I thought Rowett would show our club a bit more loyalty and commitment and to ditch the Rams for ****ing Stoke, of all clubs!  Still, if he wants to go then I suppose this is as good a time as any to go, at least it's not half way through a season.  Not sure as yet who I would want as Rowett's replacement, maybe Warburton.........anyone?

...or maybe GR is “bust” as in he has sold the Mercs, gambled on old Ford Mondeos  which haven’t worked and sees Stoke as an escape hatch...? 

If he's going, while I personally think it's better for us long term, I'm actually quite surprised. I thought we were stuck with him for a while.

Time to get a solid footballing philosophy back into the club and get the attendances back up again. I'd gladly take a mid table finish for a manager that looks like he's building a young, hungry, positive team.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

If he's going, while I personally think it's better for us long term, I'm actually quite surprised. I thought we were stuck with him for a while.

Time to get a solid footballing philosophy back into the club and get the attendances back up again. I'd gladly take a mid table finish for a manager that looks like he's building a young, hungry, positive team.

Lol

The best way of building continuity/stability long term would be to promote from within. I'm not sure we have the means for that now but it wouldn't shock me if Phillips was a main contender - he seems to never fall out of favour with Mel. Likewise Wassall getting another shot.

There are a lot of big names out of work at the moment. Allardyce wouldn't be much more exciting but I reckon he could be effective.

Current mess at Stoke aside Hughes has had reasonable success in his career.

If Carvalhal (sp?) hadn't failed at Swansea I think he could have been in with a shout.

To be honesr if Pardew, McCarthy and Moyes are going to get mentioned then employing anybody else would seem like we've dodged a big shiny bullet.

clarkeram7

My biggest concern is that the process starts all over again: new manager comes in; new manager wants to see players during pre season; new manager wants to let them prove themselves; new manager leaves it too late in the window to change much; another season of the same. 

Whoever takes over.. Let them know when they sign the contract that the current bunch AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! We need to let go of aging legs and freshen up with a exciting young players. 

I was really annoyed last time about the Stoke link in January but this time I'm not too bothered, I'm more annoyed with changing managers every season. 

Rowett's face just didn't fit here at the end of the day and the supporters didn't fully back him. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Relegation is most likely now mate. 

Sunderland and Derby not too big for that either. 

Are you Gary's lovechild or something ??? what is this obsession with GR ???

11 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think this would be different if he was sacked. By all indications Rowett was going to start next season here. 

Think it's a bit daft to call the club a joke when Rowett seems to want out. He's been given a new contract (costing us as much as we spent on Jerome each year) and Mel has given him all the backing he can. Short of giving him an even bigger contract and stupid money, which would probably have come back to haunt us, there's nothing Mel can do. 

Were not exactly a welcoming bunch though are we, booing cos were drawing at half time etc etc

I know what ur saying mate and yes but let's be honest our fan base or many of them expect winning football after 4-5 games and if not it's let's boot them out and move onto the next 

that starts from the top down 

yes this is different obviously but too many over the last few weeks and months it's been the minute we've been struggling it's right get him out, to oh let's keep him cos we're doing ok again 

that thread on here the other day 

should we sack him if we don't beat Bristol city 

summed up the short sightedness of many 

the most precious commodity in football is time and no ******* is going to get it here are they 

Just now, Simsy said:

So I have defended rowett at any given opportunity any now he's jumping ship. I feel sick!

Would love to know why.  

Money motivated? 

Too difficult a task here?

Negative fans taken their toll?

Probably all 3 sadly.

Unless he reads posts on here or Twitter it won't be negative fans. Fans have sung his name all season long 

Archived