Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why be angry at a player whose only fault was to be a prolific scorer in the past for us and wants to continue to play for us if at all possible....he certainly hasn't been as disloyal as most of our managers.

Your problem is not with Martin but with what he represents...our pre rowett era days that are swiftly and thankfully soon to end (hopefully).

Now maybe Martin won't figure in the next managers plans,or Bryson but my hope is that we appoint a manager who sees the value in all of our technically more gifted players and trust to play better,free flowing football that can make good use of players of that ilk and style.

Not angry at the player just sick of the Groundhog Day situation around him and also believe he has had his time with us and will never be anywhere near the levels he got to again ,,, get shot of him and move on 

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

About £50m in parachute payments and player sales

Fair point we’ll made but I don’t believe he’ll qualify for the auto’s, and I think he will meet with resistance to his footballing philosophy. 

Perhaps it's a brilliant ruse by Mel.

Tells Rowett how awful it's going to be this season so as to p44s him off. Rowett looks elsewhere thus guaranteeing us compo rather than us having to sack and settle. 

We bring in a new manager and Mel miraculously finds £20m under the sofa!

1 minute ago, BearDCFC said:

The reality of the situation is that Gary Rowett is leaving.

Let’s hope so - too get money for someone who clearly splits fans opinions down the middle would be brilliant.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I, for one, look back on both fondly. I don't blame GR for his decision and I don't think McClaren was in the wrong.

Football fan's memories are based on their opinion of the person. They tell you that if a player or manager they dont like, does well, that they'll swallow their pride - but they don't. They avoid commenting. And then when the person does something wrong, they're all over it. And if anything is open to any level of interpretation they'll spin it to fit their opinions.

As far as I can tell from my memory of this place, people liked McClaren's football (when we were winning), but didn't really like McClaren - especially how he spoke in interviews with all this "never answering a question" malarky.

Conversely, people don't like Rowett's football but quite like GR.

Thats just how people are.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

FWIW I don’t blame Rowett at all. He has a better chance of promotion with a bigger budget at Stoke, his stock remains high now, and ge’s going to be paid more.

If he stays here and we spend next season struggling, his stock lowers and we all know Mel likes to sack a manager.

Rowett would be mad not to go.

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sky Sports News understands former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard is on a list of candidates to succeed Mick McCarthy as Ipswich manager.

The Suffolk club are hoping to make an appointment by the end of May at the earliest and have received over 100 applications for the job.

100 applications.....................I blame FootballManager

Ipswich receive over 100 applications and some people on here are saying stuff like, 'who would want to come and manage here with the state we're in?' ?

TobyWanKenobi
3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Are you fishing or clueless? 

Neither. I'm not looking to have an argument with someone just here to throw insults around either.

He’s left the club in a worse position than when he found it IMO 

Not all of it is his fault with financial constraints but if we sumarise what he’s achived

made playoffs which is expected

sold our two best players

style of footballs gone backward

recruited aging players against the philosophy of having a yoing hungry side 

im glad he’s going just annoyed that that this was a project that was allegedly going to take a few years & i was happy to wait and see what happens

1 minute ago, archied said:

Not angry at the player just sick of the Groundhog Day situation around him and also believe he has had his time with us and will never be anywhere near the levels he got to again ,,, get shot of him and move on 

We will see about both of these things archied.....

Personally I think he would suit working  with lawrence and vydra back in a possession based system rather than rowetts and Pearson's kick and run ********....

Lets see who we get in as boss first,that's the vital thing.

9 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Okay, so Mel has pissed off yet another manager by wanting to sell half the team (the good half).

I think I know who we actually need to replace.

are you seriously trying to blame this on Mel?   

im 40,

im seriously starting to ask myself if by the time I retire derby county will have actually had a manger that starts 2 consecutive seasons 

it's a fricking joke I'm sorry 

we want and many expect promotion but go through managers like this.

and then sit there scratching our nuts wandering why we're a very ordinary championship club in the same once great category aa so many. 

Joke... from the top down 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

How many were just because the job centre told em they had to?

They must be getting sick of the sight of Alan Curbishley and Sol Campbell. 

"Still no luck Alan?"

"Nope, but I hear the Chelsea job will soon be available."

"Aye, alright Alan, best of luck mate."

"And you, Sol, no luck either?"

"They said no because they didn't like my idea of playing 2-2-1-1-4, but it's definitely because I'm black."

"See you next week."

I personally just don't get these clauses. From the clubs point of view they always come back to haunt. The only time a clause is exercised is when a manager/player is doing well. Devils advocate, maybe GR insisted on the clause knowing that this was a very real possibility. The next appointment is crucial. How many times have we said that. All I want is decent football.

Archived