Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

I think GR knows his clock was ticking. If he goes it allows him to go saying he improved the clubs position if not the football. He can stay in his lovely house and not disrupt his family or have them facing abuse next year when it blows up. Stoke is a marriage made in heaven for both parties. A recent history of hoof ball and negative football. One decent player who will be frozen out..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve McClaren was vilified for having the nerve to commit to Derby when the Newcastle rumours began. He made the playoff final one year, got sacked, then left to go the PL. He was deemed a failure and a traitor.

Gary Rowett is set to leave Derby for another Championship side in Stoke after making the playoff semi-finals. He’s deemed a success and most have the attitude of ‘I can’t blame him for wanting a pay-rise elsewhere, good luck Gary’

Double standards here are disgusting. Hypocrites.

TobyWanKenobi

Okay, so Mel has pissed off yet another manager by wanting to sell half the team (the good half).

I think I know who we actually need to replace.

Rowett has probably decided that he’s no chance of going up next season and rather than face the wrath and stress of his home town club’s needy fans, he’ll take the money that’ll sort him for life and still be able to live locally, relatively stress free. Don’t blame him. Plus surely Mel has told him we need to play “The Derby Way’” ?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Steve McClaren was vilified for having the nerve to commit to Derby when the Newcastle rumours began. He made the playoff final one year, got sacked, then left to go the PL. He was deemed a failure and a traitor.

Gary Rowett is set to leave Derby for another Championship side in Stoke after making the playoff semi-finals. He’s deemed a success and most have the attitude of ‘I can’t blame him for wanting a pay-rise elsewhere, good luck Gary’

Rowett’s a very good talker and people lapped it all up unfortunately 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I can't remember a manager after him leaving of his own accord? 

Suggests that’s a Rowett is the first one we’ve had good enough to encourage someone else to want them! 

I can’t understand people that are annoyed at him for not having loyalty to us.

If we didn’t win a game for the first 10 games of next season we would sack him in a heartbeat.

We have no loyalty to him, he has no loyalty to us. That’s football nowadays. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

But he didn't commit to Derby did he? He didn't deny it and ended up there immediately after he was sacked, so let's not pretend that he conducted himself brilliantly towards the end of that season.

That sad I'll be very disappointed if Rowett leaves. Just as we seem to be turning a corner towards stable management at this club he goes and pulls this *****. If he goes he'll get a horrific reception when he comes back.

19 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Frank Lampard and Simmo my picks.

Both will have good contacts around the game, Lamps would get us some top prospects from Chelski id imagine. 

Sky Sports News understands former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard is on a list of candidates to succeed Mick McCarthy as Ipswich manager.

The Suffolk club are hoping to make an appointment by the end of May at the earliest and have received over 100 applications for the job.

100 applications.....................I blame FootballManager

8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

How come Rowett could get Stoke promoted this season but he needs time to sort the wheat from the chaff here ? Stoke all wheat and no chaff are they ? He’ll still have to deal with other managers’ players and implement his system there surely ? 

I don’t understand how he could win the league with them in a season yet I’ve read on here we can’t judge him til 2019/20. 

Better players.  Parachute payments and an ambitious Chairman who won’t interfere . 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I, for one, look back on both fondly. I don't blame GR for his decision and I don't think McClaren was in the wrong.

Football fan's memories are based on their opinion of the person. They tell you that if a player or manager they dont like, does well, that they'll swallow their pride - but they don't. They avoid commenting. And then when the person does something wrong, they're all over it. And if anything is open to any level of interpretation they'll spin it to fit their opinions.

As far as I can tell from my memory of this place, people liked McClaren's football (when we were winning), but didn't really like McClaren - especially how he spoke in interviews with all this "never answering a question" malarky.

Conversely, people don't like Rowett's football but quite like GR.

Thats just how people are.

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Exactly this, either Wassall or Clough and i'm asking for a refund on my season ticket.

Either of those two and I would be glad to buy your ticket off you.

1 minute ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sky Sports News understands former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard is on a list of candidates to succeed Mick McCarthy as Ipswich manager.

The Suffolk club are hoping to make an appointment by the end of May at the earliest and have received over 100 applications for the job.

100 applications.....................I blame FootballManager

Its only 99 from 4pm today as I've pulled out now the Derby job is vacant

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Of course money talks, these people are humans. Why should they take less money for the same job because a group of fans demand a level of loyalty from players or managers that they are unwilling to offer in the other direction? Half this board wanted Rowett gone after Sunderland and Burton (myself included until I calmed down), why should he remain loyal?

If Stoke were still premier league I might understand it. Just had Rowett down as a good bloke who was truly committed to Derby. That’s why I’m disappointed. 

Archived