Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

4 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Thinking we wouldn't go for anyone in a job and having to pay compensation. Also not interested in high wages.

Potentially Garcia/Warburton/Coleman of the out of work managers.

Garcia - still has a good reputation, experience in England

Warburton - had the same brief at Forest as he would have here, wants to play decent football, likes Jerome

Coleman - not a fan personally

Also, potentially Wassall or Phillips - knows the players especially the youngsters, continuity.

I'd like to see the likes of Cowley, Smith, Wilder, Jones, Cook on the list but doubt that is where we'll go due to cost.

Also keen we don't go after the same old available names - Pardew, McCarthy, etc

Only other option would be leftfield unknown foreign appointment but doesn't seem like the Derby thing to do.

Coleman had a good spell with Wales, but outside of that has been largely rubbish as a club manager. I see no reason why he would be anywhere near getting the Derby job.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Because of Stability or you like his football? Or he’s the best we can get?

Stability for one. 

He knows the players including the Academy players 

He works well with MM 

His football is limited by the players and the mess he inherited.

I like the guy  

1 minute ago, Bazal77 said:

If he goes then I kinda want Wassall in charge, this club needs an identity, it needs foundations putting in place from the bottom up, we can’t have a different style of play every 5 mins we need a philosophy. Has anyone who has attended the u23 games been disappointed in what they have seen footballing wise, we are going to have to blood youth into the squad and he knows them all better than anyone? Might not be a popular train of thought but hey ho 

But why are the under 23s playing differently to the first team ??? surely they should be mirroring what the first team is doing so players can seamlessly fit in...why is it all so disjointed??? This club does need a clear direction yes but i'm sure the so called Derby way that MM mentioned was not what we have been watching all season o why didn't Mel appoint someone who fitted better ?? 

If your'e going to build something at least have a long term plan and stick with it , you wouldn't put tractor tyres on a sports car so why was Pearson and Rowett appointed ??? there style doesn't suit or fit.....the under 23s and all the age groups for that matter should all be playing the 2 or 3 different styles matched to the first team so players can step up etc...this is not GR's fault he was appointed by an enthusiastic chairman who's a fan and we can thank Mel for his financial input but from top to bottom please get the right management team in and scouts and youth coaches etc and lets all be singing from the same hymn sheet then give them time ....its been a mess since Mel has taken over please get someone decent in to help you Mel and get us back on track...I'm not worried about spending money lets see some structure and forward thinking and forget top 6 for a season or 2 and build something from top to bottom that can win this league and be sustainable in the prem if and when we make it

Time for Richard Keogh to move on.

If it's a new manager, then I think it's also time for RK to move on, as we have to get rid of the core behind the "nearly" made it player who seems to bring out the "nearly" made it players around him at the "nearly" made it club, that we have become.

41 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Not that people think it but that Stoke will pay it. Staggering piece of business by Mel if he pulls this off.  Solves his headache with a swoop of a pen..

And pays for Jerome wait a minute maybe stoke want to resign him and we could doublebubble 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

£1.8 mil clause, down from the £2.2 mil first reported. Quick, get him gone now, it's dropping by the hour. We'll end up having to pay them if it drags on much longer ?

Still worth it

?

Archived