Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I do worry archived that your greater forum input coincided with ninos leaving the fray.......

You do seem to be very angry about garys and Chris Martins future in a very similar manner.

I hope this isn't so.

I’m just tired to death of all the Chris Martin stuff , he’s like a bloody mill stone round the clubs neck ,we’ve got fans on here with more loyalty to Chris Martin than the club and all this for a player that can’t score for toffee for ages , can’t nail down a starting spot at derby ( two spells ) ,Fulham ,reading and a piss poor Scotland ,

if rowett leaves and we appoint a new manager he will be castigated on here if he doesn’t rate Chris Martin as the best striker at the club ,nay the best striker in the division 

so in answer to your question ,angry ? Nope just sick to the back teeth of the whole dragged out Chris Martin saga and can see clearly what’s ahead if we have a new manager and Chris matin still on the books

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s telling that their isn’t any real ardent GR supporters on here wrist slashing at the prospect of him going. 

I couldn’t care less, just as long as we get a manager who makes us play attractive football. There wasn’t much so far about Gary’s time that I’ve particularly enjoyed.

I do think tho, that it’s not the Manager that you bring in, but the Management team.

Jim Smith was only great when he had Mac.

Mac 1 was good because of Simmo/Steele.

I’m excited about a new tenure, but I don’t have confidence in Mel to appoint a good coaching team.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

I was just snooping around the Stoke city forum.

The thread on Rowett started back in January as you would expect and then he was the bees knees and they all wanted him.

Funny to see the turn around now though

To me it’s a real Win Win.

I mean this as dispassionately and objectively as I can, but I do think he would be good for them. Certainly better than all the other names floating around. 

And if we can bring in another young hungry manager but who’s football doesn’t bore you to tears and Mel didn’t have to fork out again on Sacking another manager and we get come cash in for GR then it’s all good. 

?

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Let’s see if you are celebrating this time next year when Stoke win the league and we are lower than Forest 

He'll have bundles of cash to spend if he goes so probably will be succesful .....how do you know we will be lower than Forest, we could get someone better in 

If someone offered us £1.8m for Butterfield I'd snap their hand off. As Rowetts football style is about as boringly similar, I'd snap their hand off for Rowett to go.

The downturn in attendances is noted by MM here and Rowetts football is a huge factor.

We are getting lucky on this one if it happens. Very early on, can plan properly and hey, MM will have learnt his lesson and can bring in an attacking coach.

1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

To me it’s a real Win Win.

I mean this as dispassionately and objectively as I can, but I do think he would be good for them. Certainly better than all the other names floating around. 

And if we can bring in another young hungry manager but who’s football doesn’t bore you to tears and Mel didn’t have to fork out again on Sacking another manager and we get come cash in for GR then it’s all good. 

?

My post suggests that the Stoke fans don't want him any more. I know what the fans want rarely figures in the whole football merry-go-round

Archived