Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Does anyone seriously believe tbat Stoke would pay upweards of 3m to get him. Laughable

Of course they would. If Peter Coates has decided Rowett is the man - then £3m compo won't put them off at all.

15 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

That’s the biggest fear, without SC and MV this season we would be looking at a League finish something like the Gumps.... at best. 

I think next season we will be around 17th like the Gumps

Being realistic who would GR want to take with him to Stoke? Lawrence maybe, but certainly not Vydra, could barely find a way to fit him into the team at the end of the year. 

Carson I can't see leaving, not when he's openly admitted he's at the best he's ever been. 

Only other one I could see is possibly Davies? But surely he'll look elsewhere for that kind of defender? 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

If Rowett chooses to leave then that would be very disappointing ( especially to nowhere like stoke) but opportunity strikes for someone to get it right. Yes it would be intresting to get the likes of Smith from Brentford but the one to take us through this coming difficult season could easily be mad mick Mc Carthy - two promotions on his cv - he won’t cost us a lot in wages - easy to sign - never lost at pride park ( please carry on if that is the case) - he knows how to get decent and cheap players having kept Ipswich up with no real difficulty and we could just give him a one year contract and see how he does - remember Jim Smith was an uninspiring appointment who achieved so much for us !

oh FFS McCarthy would be out of the frying pan into the fire !! Dull Dull Dull Football !!

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

If Rowett chooses to leave then that would be very disappointing ( especially to nowhere like stoke) but opportunity strikes for someone to get it right. Yes it would be intresting to get the likes of Smith from Brentford but the one to take us through this coming difficult season could easily be mad mick Mc Carthy - two promotions on his cv - he won’t cost us a lot in wages - easy to sign - never lost at pride park ( please carry on if that is the case) - he knows how to get decent and cheap players having kept Ipswich up with no real difficulty and we could just give him a one year contract and see how he does - remember Jim Smith was an uninspiring appointment who achieved so much for us !

I can see your logic, but on the other hand fear you may have a touch of heatstroke ?

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Being realistic who would GR want to take with him to Stoke? Lawrence maybe, but certainly not Vydra, could barely find a way to fit him into the team at the end of the year. 

Carson I can't see leaving, not when he's openly admitted he's at the best he's ever been. 

Only other one I could see is possibly Davies? But surely he'll look elsewhere for that kind of defender? 

Different team, with better players would mean he could play his preferred 4-2-3-1, so he could quite easily fit Vydra in.  With them not having any stand out wingers, bar the sure to depart Shakiri, he might want Lawrence but I'm sure with the £20m odd they'll get from sales + the parachute payment, they could source a more reliable player for the same asking price we'd want.  As for davies, they've got a load of defenders the wrong side of 30 already, so I doubt he'd come back for him...

I don't see it as a big deal if Rowett did go; managers come and managers go. So long as we avoid those on the perpetual management merry go round I am ok. To be fair he did come in saying that he would be playing a 'pressing game with a young side (or words to that effect). Instead he has created an aging side that is set up to sit back and sling long balls forward.  

If he stays then fine, and Mel should remind him of his expectations. If he goes...... meh!! Our current squad is good enough to play decent football and would probably be more comfortable doing so.

I would like Mel to consider Paul Tisdale of Exeter City should GR leave. He has performed miracles on a very limited budget, plays attacking football in the style of Eddie Howe, and would love to see him work with better quality players. He gives youngsters a chance and developed Ollie Watkins now at Brentford, who is just the type of young player with talent and something to prove we should be signing.

I really liked Gaz as a player at Derby, and he is always honest in his post match interviews, but I really want some entertainment next season.

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Close to being done - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11380894/stoke-close-to-deal-with-derby-to-bring-in-gary-rowett-as-manager

Glad it's been a quick thing, didn't want it dragging. Please get this next appointment right Mel.

£1.8 mil clause, down from the £2.2 mil first reported. Quick, get him gone now, it's dropping by the hour. We'll end up having to pay them if it drags on much longer ?

1 hour ago, eddie said:

If BD comes back to Derby, there's more chance of me buying a season ticket next season.

For Forest.

OK, for Forest Green Rovers.

They've got a good young centre half. Came though the Derby County Academy. It's Cat 1, you know! 

Archived