Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

So its gone from "Skysports understands that Rowett is currently in talks "    to............"no talks and an approach is imminent"!!!.......

I don't think for one minute Rowett will leave the safety of DCFC and go to a club where it means nothing to him......?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, archied said:

Ahhhh rowett gone ,,,, let’s start on mel ,,,,, exterminate ,exterminate ,exterminate ,,, your kenny Burns in a Dalek suit and I claim my 5 pounds

Five pounds? If he were Kenny Burns you could claim about half a ton.

36 minutes ago, rynny said:

That's almost £15m worth of transfer fees there. If only other managers had that much to spend.

Their combined wages wouldn't give you much change out of £10m a year either.

1 minute ago, AshfieldRam said:

Do you think fans will start to lower expectations now? 

I don't know if i'm alone in this but since the 13/14 season, expectations have rose considerably and the moment we loose things go toxic. 

I may get slaughtered for this opinion but i used to enjoy when we expected nothing. Turning up not knowing what Derby we'd see, playing Dean Moxey up front, watching Theo Robinson try to be a footballer, 37 year old Paul Dickov being our best player in a loan spell, Gareth Roberts in general. All those little things. 

I would wish Gary every success in the future if he does leave though 

What about 163year old Kevin Poole in goal?

Back on topic, i'm split on this, we need at some level to find consistency. This past season was seem as a transition season where top 10 would have been acceptable, we exceeded those expectations. Part of me wants Rowett to see it through. Then the other part of me misses the free flowing attacking football.

What ever happens in the next week, month, year the club will be here as will the fans.

Totally shocked and dismayed by this. I honestly thought we had a manager with a bit of loyalty but it appears there is no such thing any more. Money obviously  talks, even when it’s a tin pot team with no history against a team the manager used to play for and achieved success. 

Move expected to be complete within 48 hours. 

9 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

playing Dean Moxey up front

Remember when he scored away vs Coventry playing up top, around 2010. Probably the greatest moment in the history of Derby County. Old Nigel the tactical genius 

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

To be honest it says a lot that a young English manager can do, on par, the bare minimum expected of him (let’s say an average job) and be linked to a job that gives him a pay rise/bonuses.

I think this is a little harsh, the majority of fans would of accepted a top 10 finish before the season started, many would have snapped your hand off at a top 6 finish.

3 minutes ago, admira said:

Totally shocked and dismayed by this. I honestly thought we had a manager with a bit of loyalty but it appears there is no such thing any more. Money obviously  talks, even when it’s a tin pot team with no history against a team the manager used to play for and achieved success. 

Hang on a moment. Before we get too carried away - Stoke said they want Rowett earlier in the season, he stayed. Stoke are seemingly back in for him. An approach is expected/talk between the clubs are starting depending on who you believe.

Where is all of this is Rowett being disloyal? He hasn't done anything! 

He may go, he may not.

If I was in his shoes, I'd be very tempted: a club which may pay you more and will certainly have a big transfer budget against a club where repeating last year's efforts with a reduced squad and no money to spend will be very, very hard; possibly leading to him being sacked or at least a lower league position, which supporters will view as failure. 

I'd much prefer him to stay, I feel like we're getting somewhere. But I certainly wouldn't blame him for leaving.  

9 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

Do you think fans will start to lower expectations now? 

I don't know if i'm alone in this but since the 13/14 season, expectations have rose considerably and the moment we loose things go toxic. 

I may get slaughtered for this opinion but i used to enjoy when we expected nothing. Turning up not knowing what Derby we'd see, playing Dean Moxey up front, watching Theo Robinson try to be a footballer, 37 year old Paul Dickov being our best player in a loan spell, Gareth Roberts in general. All those little things. 

I would wish Gary every success in the future if he does leave though 

Not a cat in Hells' chance that some posters on here will give a new manager reasonable time to bed in. We start to play a more expansive game under a new regime but begin losing more matches than we win and the same keyboard 'experts' will crawl out of their hidey holes and start beating them with their sticks.

6 minutes ago, admira said:

Of course money talks, these people are humans. Why should they take less money for the same job because a group of fans demand a level of loyalty from players or managers that they are unwilling to offer in the other direction? Half this board wanted Rowett gone after Sunderland and Burton (myself included until I calmed down), why should he remain loyal?

Archived