Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

I started this thread thinking there was about a 10% chance of it actually happening.

Now I think he’s as good as gone!

He won’t show us any loyalty and I don’t blame him, look what happened to him at Birmingham.

I do think he would suit them better than us and with some money he will take them up.

I just hope we go for another promising young manager rather than a ‘big name’. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

What's that got to do with you saying that Martin was old in the Hull play off games?

Well we lost 3-0 at home. 

Hey Martin is not the issues for me. 

You are probably right my bad. 

Rowett going is the issue and I hate it. 

Up the Rams. 

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I see nothing in the Cowleys that remotely resembles that young manager from Hartlepool. He had a confidence and a swagger even then. He’d also played the game for big clubs. This pair haven’t even played football professionally.

All too familiar to a certain Mr Clement

There will never be another BC, just wouldn't write the Cowleys off on the basis of the reasons you outlined - anyway GR not gone yet 

29 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I wish people would stop saying we're broke, skint etc. You're broke if there is not money in the bank. That will never be an issue for Derby as long as Mel is in charge. The challenges come from ensuring we fall within FFP not selling Vydra so that we can afford to turn the floodlights on. 

We have to sell to buy ffs, we have no leeway on transfers. Not even 1 ******* million

Let's form an autonomous collective. As there are more than a few on here who can do better than Gary, get us playing like Barcelona, Get us promoted, reduce the wage bill and Mel wouldn't have to pay the new manager excessive wages.

Win-win all round.

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

This is just a bit of flirting by our Gary to pressure Mel into upping the transfer kitty. 

I expect Gary to turn Stoke down before going shopping for a shiny new Derby striker.

I honestly don't think Gary will go myself 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

You realise, that regardless of what anyone thinks of Rowett, that if the implication of that tweet is accurate we are utterly ******* - regardless of who's in charge?

That also might explain why so many of our more promising youngsters have been out on loan at other clubs during the second half of the season, so that they now have some first-team experience now they are back.

A few seasons of austerity beckon - come back Nigel Clough, all is forgiven please forgive us.

20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

So we're getting 'upset' over absolutely nothing atm. 'One is expected'...by whom?

Gary will come out and say he's not interested now the rumour mill has started, and put it to bed before it gains any serious momentum ie Stoke ask to speak to Rowett!

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sounds like its up to Rowett then. 

He knows what the remit is. Has done since he got here. Morris has never hidden that funds would be tighter and the wage bill would need reducing. He did it last summer. 

If he goes. Hes going for money. Simple as that. 

As much as I don't want him to go. Don't dig your heals in if he wants out Mel. 

I think he's in Iceland. Oh sorry, that's @ramit

48 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I wonder if rowett does depart and Morris stating the club has no money etc he will put club up for sale and cut his losses as since 2014 we have gone backwards since Wembley under his guidance 

Just a guess this might happen

That depends whether or not Mel Morris bought Derby in order to make money.

I wouldn't put up a fight - if they want to pay the release clause then let's take the opportunity to try someone else.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm firmly back in the Rowett out camp, just that I think we can do better and they would probably be doing us a favour.

Do you think fans will start to lower expectations now? 

I don't know if i'm alone in this but since the 13/14 season, expectations have rose considerably and the moment we loose things go toxic. 

I may get slaughtered for this opinion but i used to enjoy when we expected nothing. Turning up not knowing what Derby we'd see, playing Dean Moxey up front, watching Theo Robinson try to be a footballer, 37 year old Paul Dickov being our best player in a loan spell, Gareth Roberts in general. All those little things. 

I would wish Gary every success in the future if he does leave though 

Archived