Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

Well didn’t see this one coming!! If he goes then just proves there is absolutely no loyalty in football. Rowett gave the big speech about loyalty to Derby and wanting to get promoted with us. If he goes to Stoke then that’s all ********!

But in the hire them fire them modern day football, who can blame him. After finishing 6th his stock is high, Whoever takes over will have a really difficult job balancing the wage bill - is it going to get any better than 6th next season? The vocal slight minority have whinged constantly about the style of football, despite forgetting that it was crap before he arrived. Probably thinks it’s a positive career move going to stoke. Could work, could backfire massively. It’s a gamble.

As regards the next appointment. I think Mel has no choice but to go pragmatic. We’ve got to cut the wage bill, The millstones signed in 15/16 are still here draining our resources. They cannot play the style many on here demand. A manager with a completely different style requires a fundamental re-build and we just don’t have the cash! Revolution won’t be possible, slow evolution is our only chance.

Dean Smith has shown himself to be a talented manager, plays a good brand of football but this squad isn’t suited to him. He’s also never managed a club as big or demanding as ours.

People bang on about the Cowleys.To go from Lincoln to this club would be too big a step. They would out of their depth.

Carvalhal?! Really? Spent more money than Derby have in recent years and left Wednesday languishing in the bottom half.

Im surprised people haven’t mentioned the guy Rowett might be replacing?! Lambert played good football at Norwich and won promotion. At Villa he kept them out of trouble for years on a relative shoestring. Managed big clubs. Also when it comes to utilising the current squad, Lambert is the only other manager   to McClaren who has got the best out of Chris Martin.

Really don’t know which way this is going to go. I think my expectation levels for next season will be the lowest they’ve been for a while, and unfortunately I think we may have to watch Forest come past us.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We'd be beating them off with a stick, but more to the point would be who could work with Mel?

Ahhhh rowett gone ,,,, let’s start on mel ,,,,, exterminate ,exterminate ,exterminate ,,, your kenny Burns in a Dalek suit and I claim my 5 pounds

Just now, archied said:

Ahhhh rowett gone ,,,, let’s start on mel ,,,,, exterminate ,exterminate ,exterminate ,,, your kenny Burns in a Dalek suit and I claim my 5 pounds

You don't think that Mel can be a difficult owner to work with then archied? 

What's with all the 'but who would want to come and work here' crap? They'd be getting probably very good wages for managers at this level, joining a club with a level 1 academy and have a squad full of players with promotion experience. Yes the budget constraints aren't ideal, but there's still plenty of reasons why this is a good job to get

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

People bang on about the Cowleys.To go from Lincoln to this club would be too big a step. They would out of their depth.

We once took a chance on a young manager from a small club called Hartlepool remind me what was his name again...

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I appreciate a lot of that David but the thought of a replacement in his image fills me with dread...

Transitioning to a more fluid style of football would be a lot easier than continuing with this kick and run style that has clearly not been welcomed by many of the squad....(vydra bring the exception)

It’s not intended to fill anyone with dread, it’s to ensure this club can move forward with minimal disruption. 

Will Hughes spoke about it, Vydra has recently, the difficulties in adapting to new managers and how they want to play. 

Counter attacking football isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, I understand that, but I feel we need to put the clubs best interests first than our own personal views on what entertaining football is. It’s a difficult time for the club financially as we look to scale back, now we’ve been taken down that path the worst thing we can do is a U turn and head back the other way.

Counter attacking football can be entertaining, get bums off seats and I don’t believe for a second Rowett sets his teams out to bore us, some games we have been put on the back foot, failed to counter, but this is also on the players who we are still missing one or two that could really see us click into place.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

So how have we gone from perennial losers to top 6 because Gary has had to cut costs?

Because Gary has made good cheap signings. 

Davies , Huddlestone, Wisdom ,Ledley and Lawrence was a snip at 7 Million 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because Gary has made good cheap signings. 

Davies , Huddlestone, Wisdom ,Ledley and Lawrence was a snip at 7 Million 

That's almost £15m worth of transfer fees there. If only other managers had that much to spend.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

What?

I’m happy that Martin is still at Derby. 

But what I’m saying is he hasn’t always been brilliant for us has he and he was injured at a crucial time of the season under McClaren .

Jerome has done a good job for Rowett and we got money on loan fees for Martin. 

McClaren got him back on a 4 year expensive deal. 

Is he the same player he once was. 

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

We once took a chance on a young manager from a small club called Hartlepool remind me what was his name again...

I see nothing in the Cowleys that remotely resembles that young manager from Hartlepool. He had a confidence and a swagger even then. He’d also played the game for big clubs. This pair haven’t even played football professionally.

All too familiar to a certain Mr Clement

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't think that Mel can be a difficult owner to work with then archied? 

What’s next once mels gone ? Mmmmmmmmmm ?.? Pride park ,never been right there ,derby should bulldoze it and move to markeaton Park ,

sorry mate can’t even enter into any kind of derby related debate with you  , you are silent or moaning when anything goes well and massively over animated with big smiley imogies when results/things go poorly for derby or look like they may get sticky ,

figured a while back you are on a wind up so I just have a bit of a chuckle about your posts ,give the odd funny reply and move on?????

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

That's almost £15m worth of transfer fees there. If only other managers had that much to spend.

But look at the outgoings and outgoing wages on Hughes and Ince and contract lengths plus 2.5 for Christie which makes 20 plus Million alone and then the loans out like Martin and Bent and Shackell and Bryson wages wise etc 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m happy that Martin is still at Derby. 

But what I’m saying is he hasn’t always been brilliant for us has he and he was injured at a crucial time of the season under McClaren .

Jerome has done a good job for Rowett and we got money on loan fees for Martin. 

McClaren got him back on a 4 year expensive deal. 

Is he the same player he once was. 

What's that got to do with you saying that Martin was old in the Hull play off games?

But look at the outgoings and outgoing wages on Hughes and Ince and contract lengths plus 2.5 for Christie which makes 20 plus Million alone and then the loans out like Martin and Bent and Shackell and Bryson wages wise etc 

Still spent more than most other managers we have had recently.

Archived