Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HorsforthRam said:

Igor?

God almighty ,I’m going Kevin hector ,not much difference in management success between the two but king Kevin is a far bigger legend as a rams player

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You and curtains are the same poster aren't you? ?

Thought that was you and red dawn?

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You realise, that regardless of what anyone thinks of Rowett, that if the implication of that tweet is accurate we are utterly ******* - regardless of who's in charge?

I was thinking the same.  Thanks to Uncle Mel's 2015 Cash Spunk-athon we're right in the crapper.  Said it at the time, but if our recruitment team were half way decent we could've covered Hughes & Bryson's inuries with Prem loans, not splurging £10 on two ineffective round pegs in Johnson & Mr Happy...

If GR leaves then we have two options go with someone from the lower leagues, like the Cowley's from Lincoln who're used to a budget and can maximise the talent they have or a similar type from overseas.  If we go with any of the usual names, we're stuck with signing over the hill Championship/ex prem journeymen on frees

Just now, curtains said:

I think you are the most consistent Rowett hater on here. 

You have done loads of damage. 

He’s a everything derby hater ,, happy when things go wrong and moaning and stirring when we doing ok 

43 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Aging, limited squad.

Cant spend money this summer.

The likes of Vydra and other assets likely to leave.

Owner has said we must reduce the wage bill.

Fan base with huge expectations who are quick to criticise.

Clubs recent history with keeping managers past one full season.

Aren't all squads "aging"? BY the laws of biology we all are! But we aren't ancient, arguably, our oldest players were our better performing (Carson, Huddlestone, Davies, Ledley, Jerome at end of season,  and in some cases Baird who has left).

Do we need to spend money? I always said (when criticising Clough) that there is enough here for decent coaches to work with, so get the best out of those before looking to shell out on different players.

There's no reason Vydra has to leave, and if he does, does that negate the previous point? He won't leave on a free.

We will still have a decent wage bill, up pretty high in this league.

What has fan expectation got to do with anything? it's always been there! and is at many teams.

That doesn't affect managers as they get paid anyway.

If Gary goes, my own choice would be the return of Nigel Clough. If the introduction of youth is to be part of the remit, the first thing you have to avoid is relegation. Nigel has a proven track record in this respect, having introduced youngsters into a side far inferior than the current one. It's reckoned that wage budgets give a better correlation to League positions than transfer budgets, and in nearly 7 years of Championship management, Nigel has always punched above his weight in this respect.

We could cut our wage bill by £10m and still give him the kind of budget he could only have dreamed of in those years , and no more being forced to scratch around in the lower Leagues and Scotland for the majority of his signings.

If nothing else, it would answer the debate as to whether he would do better with more resources.

My second choice would be DW, but I'm not sure the fan base would give him a fair crack of the whip, and be at his throat at the first bad result. 

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sounds like its up to Rowett then. 

He knows what the remit is. Has done since he got here. Morris has never hidden that funds would be tighter and the wage bill would need reducing. He did it last summer. 

If he goes. Hes going for money. Simple as that. 

As much as I don't want him to go. Don't dig your heals in if he wants out Mel. 

Totally agree I'm as much as a Rowett fan as anybody but I don't want him to stay if he doesn't want to be here , never believed in that , never have . I wouldn't want a player here who doesn't want to be here  

2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

If Gary goes, my own choice would be the return of Nigel Clough. If the introduction of youth is to be part of the remit, the first thing you have to avoid is relegation. Nigel has a proven track record in this respect, having introduced youngsters into a side far inferior than the current one. It's reckoned that wage budgets give a better correlation to League positions than transfer budgets, and in nearly 7 years of Championship management, Nigel has always punched above his weight in this respect.

We could cut our wage bill by £10m and still give him the kind of budget he could only have dreamed of in those years , and no more being forced to scratch around in the lower Leagues and Scotland for the majority of his signings.

If nothing else, it would answer the debate as to whether he would do better with more resources.

My second choice would be DW, but I'm not sure the fan base would give him a fair crack of the whip, and be at his throat at the first bad result. 

Please no. This club needs to look forward not back. Get someone younger in with something to prove without a link to the club, look to Luton, Lincoln, Wigan, get someone in with new ideas and hungry to develop who plays attacking football.

6 minutes ago, ramblur said:

no no no no no, this would finish me off.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Ok but done expect a magic wand from whoever the new manager is that’s all I ask. 

I won't. I don't from Rowett. Just more positive set up and not so much surrendering of the ball. 

If patches of our season or patches of the Fulham tie were more common then I'd be fully supportive of Rowett. 

I'm not dead against him

21 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sounds like its up to Rowett then. 

He knows what the remit is. Has done since he got here. Morris has never hidden that funds would be tighter and the wage bill would need reducing. He did it last summer. 

If he goes. Hes going for money. Simple as that. 

As much as I don't want him to go. Don't dig your heals in if he wants out Mel. 

In fairness, I'd argue that 'digging the heels in' may well mean 'pay up' in this instance. He probably can't stop Rowett going full stop, he can demand the compo though.

Archived