Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's the problem. I don't think we expected to have to replace the boss this summer as well as have a clear out of players. It means we have to start from scratch with all of our planning which will give us less time to implement whatever the new man wants. Not ideal, but better than it happening in the middle of the season I guess.

Thing is, whoever comes in will have a squad of players that can’t fit into their preferred system, and little freedom to change. It’ll be Pearson all over again. 

Expect next season to be a real struggle. Would rather this have happened next summer when a new manager doesn’t have to clear out the deadwood. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Thing is, whoever comes in will have a squad of players that can’t fit into their preferred system, and little freedom to change. It’ll be Pearson all over again. 

Expect next season to be a real struggle. Would rather this have happened next summer when a new manager doesn’t have to clear out the deadwood. 

Lawrence,vydra,Martin,Bryson,Thorne....just add in another up and coming young winger and midfielder and a manager like Warburton has quite the base to fashion a bloody good team from next year.....

I'd be very excited by that prospect...

Just no more Pearson,rowett or pulis types please to **** it up again and bore the flair players off (and the fans)......in this case continuity would be very bad news.

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

What system couldn't be played with this (large) squad plus some U23s?

I'm not fussed at all about him going, but with all the talk of cost cutting it does worry me a little about what comes next. If we went for someone like Oscar Garcia who would play a 'nicer' brand of football he's got to make quite a lot of changes to the squad, which would be difficult on a low budget. Then there's the option of getting someone similar to him in like McCarthy or take a chance on a young up and coming manager like Jack Ross. Either way, Mel has quite a difficult decision on his hands 

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I feel indifferent about this to be honest, not enjoyed the football but annoyed we’re changing manager again.

If Rowett goes who can we realistically look at getting in? So many clubs looking for managers at the minute.

I love it, creates a bit of excitement ? Seriously, Rowett stays, we have stability and that's a good thing. He goes, he's left Derby so he's nothing to me and we get the fun of the new manager search, what's not to like? Win win

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

sadly had to take drastic measures and place a certain poster on ignore.

As far as Rowett is concerned, I reiterate my point, if he leaves... "meh". If he stays... I want him to improve, be more positive and play to win at ALL times. I don't particularly want him to stay or leave. IN terms of stability, not sure it counts. I'd rather have progress.

Exactly how I feel. 

My one concern is that there's no one upstairs that has major experience in the game/running a football club so I'm not sure about who we get in next? 

36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Finished 9th in 2016/2017

Rowett comes in and has to sell our 2 best players and has a defecit of minus £10 million. 

Yet gets us in the top 6.

Not really sure what our fans want or expect. 

I think that's the point though? It certainly is for me. I don't think anyone is suggesting that finishing within the top six wasn't a good achievement - it just wasn't the be all and end all of people's expectation and it ultimately just extended the season by little over a week.

Personally, if you had offered me Brentford's season or our season - I would have picked Brentford. They scored less & conceded more, too. It's just the way they play that I prefer. It's more proactive, less reactive. 

Here we go again, just when we may be able to have some kind of plan for the future and players at the club have a slight chance of knowing whether they are comming or going it all goes musical chairs again ,, still at least after a season under rowett we may get a profit on vydra rather than giving him away and writing off 8 mill

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lawrence,vydra,Martin,Bryson,Thorne....just add in another up and coming young winger and midfielder and a manager like Warburton has quite the base to fashion a bloody good team from next year.....

I'd be very excited by that prospect...

Just no more Pearson,rowett or pulis types ease to **** it up again and bore the flair players off.

No guarantee they’ll all be here. Do those players even want to stay at Derby anymore? As a fanbase we’ve also been saying the reminants of past failures need to be moved on. Would we be inviting the same failures if we return to some of the fringe players let out on loan?

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Or even know who the deadwood is

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

'Everything is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.'

Voltaire - Candide 

And as Nietzsche said on the subject of overcoming the will of the self: ‘you want to create the world before which you can kneel: this is your ultimate hope and intoxication’ 

in a strange way it applies to football in the sense that it is very easy as a fan to build the ideal for your self and on the behalf of other fans, but ultimately we are at the mercy of free market economics and can’t control the free will of others (if that is even a thing) ... 

Now is the most ideal of all the least ideal times for this to happen, at least it isn’t going on after the second game of the season, swiftly detailing us ...

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your point being what?

To answer your question..! Look at how Pearson struggled to see how you can shoehorn in a talented group of players into a system they can’t play. 

Archived