Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think you can consider the half a dozen or so folk on this forum as a fair reflection of the whole fan base.

Also, I'm sure every club has a small minority of vocal (on forums) contributors who would treat him the same.

Half a dozen?

In the thread "Is Rowett's style boring?" there's n = 241, with 64.32% saying yes.

No matter do you agree with it or not, it's statistically a significant reflection of fans thoughts.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Moist One said:

what the hell are you babbling on about Curtains? I mean seriously, why are you melting down?

I assume you meant "Lol on your head be it", in which case, on my head be what? what on earth are you talking about? Mate, I worry about you. This is a bloke, paid a lot of money, to tell a lot of other blokes paid a lot of money, how to kick a ball to entertain 30k people who paid a lot of money to be entertained. There is talk of him leaving, and wait for it... it will be HIS OWN DECISION!! 

Your babbling makes no sense, and to be honest, makes you come across as a dramatic emotional over-reactive imbecile who cannot remain coherent in the face of conversation. Your whole morning so far has been a tantrum, I imagine you've thrown your ready-brek across the kitchen in a rage.

Just relax and think about what you type before you type it. You're very close to ruining the forum in my eyes!

You always do this try to make everyone who disagrees with you out to be a fool  

Like I say on your head be it. 

You reap what you sow  

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Half a dozen?

In the thread "Is Rowett's style boring?" there's n = 241, with 64.32% saying yes.

No matter do you agree with it or not, it's statistically a significant reflection of fans thoughts.

They are inherently different things, though. I voted yes on that boring thread, but that doesn’t mean I want him to leave or be sacked.

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Half a dozen?

Slightly more than 1% of season ticket holders voted so hardly a significant reflection of fans' thoughts - more an indication of what the more vociferous forum members felt. Maybe David can answer but the 241 who did vote represents what % of the forum members?

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

They are inherently different things, though. I voted yes on that boring thread, but that doesn’t mean I want him to leave or be sacked.

What effect does that have on Gary though mate. 

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think you can consider the half a dozen or so folk on this forum as a fair reflection of the whole fan base.

Also, I'm sure every club has a small minority of vocal (on forums) contributors who would treat him the same.

Not just here mates. 

Twitter been very vocal too. 

The moan in as well. 

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Same. No point in being blinkered about the manager he is. Just hope the team gets better at doing it. Outside of top teams, successful beautiful football isn't a routine occurrence.

Boring football isn't the same as bad football. A 4-4 draw in the conference might be entertaining, but probably not as good a standard of football as one of our "boring" one nil wins.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Slightly more than 1% of season ticket holders voted so hardly a significant reflection of fans' thoughts - more an indication of what the forum members felt. Maybe David can answer but the 241 who did vote represents what % of the forum members?

During May so far 894 members have logged in to the forum.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Some on here are delusional ( and i mean people like you)

What is more telling as a measure of success for the club , a drop in numbers going to games or a few fans posting criticisms of the manager ? In the late Clough years, GSE had increasing attendance  as one of their key measures of success.

We are not alone. Fans of many well publicised clubs are complaining about style of play. Why have managers like Allardyce and Moyes found themselves sacked last week ? Fans I  sit with don't do message boards, and like me they go back to the B Clough days. The view about our boring our style of play is shared by all of us. We don't boo players or manager, we turn up to all home games but we are a bot fed up. Rowett is not being hounded by us, we are just ordinary fans.That the poll on here is giving the same indication  about style of play suggests to me it is reflecting what many fans think - though we don't know exactly what the proportion of the whole is. 

Rowett has earnt the chance to continue as manager by virtue of us getting to the play-offs, but examination of the stats of our play in those games makes frightening reading since it offers no basis for future success.  Possession, shots on target and the shear incompetence of our technical play in the second game don't give hope for the future.

The argument for stability at all costs is unintelligent. true there have been many managerial changes but there is no point in keeping a manager for stability's sake if they are not delivering what is needed. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Same. No point in being blinkered about the manager he is. Just hope the team gets better at doing it. Outside of top teams, successful beautiful football isn't a routine occurrence.

Boring football isn't the same as bad football. A 4-4 draw in the conference might be entertaining, but probably not as good a standard of football as one of our "boring" one nil wins.

Me too. I voted no on the sacking thread a few weeks ago, but after staring at it for several days I did eventually vote yes about the football being boring. On the balance of the season, I have been disappointed by the football played but not by the achievement. 

I do like to be entertained and think back fondly on the 4-4 and 3-3  draws of not so long ago. I also like lower league and under 23 football for its entertainment value.

Despite saying that I wouldn't,  I sat through the FA Cup final and it was dreadfully boring. Some of the finest players in English football but what a yawn-fest! 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Slightly more than 1% of season ticket holders voted so hardly a significant reflection of fans' thoughts - more an indication of what the more vociferous forum members felt. Maybe David can answer but the 241 who did vote represents what % of the forum members?

Statistically, it is perfectly fine.

National surveys usually have n = 1000-2000 depending on the size of the country. So way, way less than 1%.

But like @LB_DCFC rightfully pointed out, some people are happy to have him in charge even though they think his football is boring. And that's much more interesting question anyway, we should drop the quantitative approach and find out why!

sadly had to take drastic measures and place a certain poster on ignore.

As far as Rowett is concerned, I reiterate my point, if he leaves... "meh". If he stays... I want him to improve, be more positive and play to win at ALL times. I don't particularly want him to stay or leave. IN terms of stability, not sure it counts. I'd rather have progress.

20 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Finished 9th in 2016/2017

Rowett comes in and has to sell our 2 best players and has a defecit of minus £10 million. 

Yet gets us in the top 6.

Not really sure what our fans want or expect. 

Granted they were two of our best players but as sad as it is, I can’t see Hughes having played very often for him anyway! 

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Exactly. The squad overall isn’t suited to play the way that Gary wants to play yet, it really lacks composure in the final third especially. This has been largely forgotten but, in the Fulham 2nd leg, Jerome has the ball outside the area, and if he plays a simple ball through a huge gap in their defence, anyas through on goal and has a great chance to score, but he chooses to shoot instead and it goes well wide. There were multiple incidences of similar outcomes over the 2 legs. Although it’s not often, that Cardiff game was one of the most entertaining at derby for a while, even in the first half, and that gives me the optimism that, in the future, with further development of the squad that, not only will Gary’s style be effective, it can be entertaining too, if he’s here long enough to do so, however.

Archived