Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Er, what were those two games against Hull two seasons ago then? 

We had ageing players of the likes of Martin and Bent etc etc .

I know we still have old players like Keogh and  Huddlestone etc etc 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, archied said:

Jeez ,, by all means state that you don’t like the way it’s being done or the style of play but this season is an improvement on the last one and the one before that where we were not a top six play off outfit to deny and ignore that indisputable fact just makes you look silly 

Indisputable fact? Now whose looking silly.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Er, what were those two games against Hull two seasons ago then? 

Sorry mixed up the reading last day debacle chronology

1 minute ago, curtains said:

The fans have turned on Rowett on here at any rate. 

no they haven't at all. Stop making him out to be a victim of something. If this move happens, he hasn't been sacked, he will leave us for a different job!

I am indifferent. If he stays, he has to improve but I will be fine with it, I do NOT want him sacked. If he leaves, good luck to him (in his next job after Stoke). Derby lives on.

1 minute ago, archied said:

Sorry mixed up the reading last day debacle chronology

There's been so many near misses recently that it's easy to get them in the wrong order.

We're actually quite fortunate when compared to many other Championship clubs but you'd never know it! 

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

no they haven't at all. Stop making him out to be a victim of something. If this move happens, he hasn't been sacked, he will leave us for a different job!

I am indifferent. If he stays, he has to improve but I will be fine with it, I do NOT want him sacked. If he leaves, good luck to him (in his next job after Stoke). Derby lives on.

If you think a polls have had no effect well you are mistaken 

Bit of meh news to me this. On the one hand, Gary’s done the job expected of him really despite my concerns after the burton game. A **** manager wouldn’t have managed that. But equally lots of other championship managers would have managed that. With the compensation we’ll get, letting him go appears to be the best move, I’m sure there’s managers out there who can do the same job if not better, and his style of play isn’t exactly fantastic either. Only concern is if we can attract anyone decent in with our lack of funds, let’s hope mel gets it right this time. Maybe look abroad? Need to make sure we get a manager who plays a proper style that long term could lead to success.

STOP ******* LYING.

He has not been hounded, you are being a drama queen.

STOP ******* LYING.

STOP ******* LYING.

Lol on your hard be it. 

Mr expert

The one thing this club needs more than anything is stability. 

I can't remember the last time we had a manager that started 2 seasons in a row. 

Its no wonder we aren't going anywhere. 

People go on about Rowett's negative football. Which I don't see. I see a team that get in the final 3rd on countless occassions but haven't got players good enough to consistently make the right decisions or the quality when we get there. 

As soon as we had a bad run. Some of our fans wanted him out. It's disgusting and part of the reason I'm completely falling out of love with football. 

Can fully understand why Rowett would want to go to Stoke. 

But I honestly fear for us if he does. Because if our funds are as low as we are led to believe then we won't be going for a manager who is already in a job. 

Said it on many occasions that a lot of our fans are poison. 

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can't blame him if he goes. How he gets treated by some our fans is the pits. 

I don't think you can consider the half a dozen or so folk on this forum as a fair reflection of the whole fan base.

Also, I'm sure every club has a small minority of vocal (on forums) contributors who would treat him the same.

I would love it if Gary came out now and told us we're having another crack at promotion, he's got a couple of ideas up his sleeve, we're going to play more attacking football and try and win every game - no more 'trying to keep the goal difference down' against Wolves  (which still angers me when I think about it). I'd back him 100%. 

But in fairness to Gary he's laid his cards on the table and openly said he doesn't care what the fans think to his methods, so I can't see that happening.

So I find myself googling the career history of Lee Johnson. Hopefully Mel's doing the same.

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lol on your hard be it. 

Mr expert

what the hell are you babbling on about Curtains? I mean seriously, why are you melting down?

I assume you meant "Lol on your head be it", in which case, on my head be what? what on earth are you talking about? Mate, I worry about you. This is a bloke, paid a lot of money, to tell a lot of other blokes paid a lot of money, how to kick a ball to entertain 30k people who paid a lot of money to be entertained. There is talk of him leaving, and wait for it... it will be HIS OWN DECISION!! 

Your babbling makes no sense, and to be honest, makes you come across as a dramatic emotional over-reactive imbecile who cannot remain coherent in the face of conversation. Your whole morning so far has been a tantrum, I imagine you've thrown your ready-brek across the kitchen in a rage.

Just relax and think about what you type before you type it. You're very close to ruining the forum in my eyes!

Archived