Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

I honestly think we've dodged a bullet with Rowett.

Either the finances are tight, in which case he's not the wheeler dealer we need, or, finances aren't tight, and again, he's not the man to let loose with a blank cheque.

Today's been a great day for the club.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I will never forgive GR for freezing Will Hughes out and selling him. I still believe WH would have stayed if he had of felt wanted. 

No matter, the club is bigger than any individual so I got behind GR and wanted him to succed. I believe he’s done ok, not brilliant but ok. 

I expected another full season of Gary to tweak his 3 at the back system, improve the attacking options and bring on a few youngsters, I thought the unbelievers would warm to him after his big statement of commitment to Derby in January. 

Can you imagine a statement today from him saying “I’m flattered with Stokes interest but I want to fulfill my ambitions with Derby County” 

He would have guaranteed a full season of support from most of us who wanted him to succeed.

He’s lost any backing he had now imo and I’ll be waiting on the A50 at McDonalds roundabout in Utch to shout abuse st him as he drives      past.

wanka, wanka, wanka

"We felt it would not be fair to stand in Will's way and told him about the offer".......Rowett could have said Will, Watford have bid for you but you are worth a lot more than that. Stick around and other teams will see your worth with a new season ahead of us. He made the decision for Will is how it came across to me. Please nobody use Fair Play......we spent more on Lawrence.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I will never forgive GR for freezing Will Hughes out and selling him. I still believe WH would have stayed if he had of felt wanted. 

No matter, the club is bigger than any individual so I got behind GR and wanted him to succed. I believe he’s done ok, not brilliant but ok. 

I expected another full season of Gary to tweak his 3 at the back system, improve the attacking options and bring on a few youngsters, I thought the unbelievers would warm to him after his big statement of commitment to Derby in January. 

Can you imagine a statement today from him saying “I’m flattered with Stokes interest but I want to fulfill my ambitions with Derby County” 

He would have guaranteed a full season of support from most of us who wanted him to succeed.

He’s lost any backing he had now imo and I’ll be waiting on the A50 at McDonalds roundabout in Utch to shout abuse st him as he drives      past.

wanka, wanka, wanka

Just alter the neil Warnock song to Gary Rowett and we’ve got the chant for when stoke come next year..

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Wouldn’t have won much mate he was odds on 

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

He was 7/1 early doors with Moyesy the favourite.

I guess when you look at that list of names you can understand why Stoke fans seem over the moon! They’ve avoided Moyes, Big Sam, McCarthy, Pardew, Pearson and Carvalhal - that’s some effort!

54E35A15-3D8B-49E7-875B-F9D11428FF3B.png.651bb451b1f0dcff47a3b40cbacf69be.png

At the start he was like 28/1

2 hours ago, minesahartington said:

I genuinely think Mel has played a blinder here. He has completely hoodwinked GR with the no money available nonsense and the plonker has bought it! He clearly didn’t trust him to spend it and the drop in attendances is pretty telling . He almost fluked it by stumbling into the playoffs when Olssen got injured but went back to true 11 behind the ball to ensure failure. Get the lawnmower out and clean the ice off the football we are coming back to earth..  happy days are here again, above the sky’s are blue again .. and not filled with hoof! A real weight has been lifted ?  

Ok must admit,it's bloody cheered me up today,I think the Mrs was beginning to think id got depression coming since the play-off debacle,but I now realise I was suffering from extreme rowettball disorder......

I'll now be ordering my season ticket,as soon as it's been confirmed.......just to illustrate my appreciation!

I'm light as a bloody feather tonight,cheers mel,well done ???

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ok must admit,it's bloody cheered me up today,I think the Mrs was beginning to think id got depression coming since the play-off debacle,but I now realise I was suffering from extreme rowettball disorder......

I'll now be ordering my season ticket,as soon as it's been confirmed.......just to illustrate my appreciation!

I'm light as a bloody feather tonight,cheers mel,well done ???

Does this mean we can look forward to a few weeks without having to put up with your incessant and cringeworthy whining or will you simply be ramping up your 'I want to make babies with Chris Martin's' posts?

And what exactly are you thanking Mel for you utter clown? Rowett walked, he wasn't pushed.

Really can't summon up any bile for Rowett along the lines of he's a huge traitor etc.

Schteve, Clement, Pearson, Clough, Rush...now someone else is leaving under a cloud with fingers being pointed about broken promises. 

Simon Jordan summed it up nicely on talksport last night. 

At Birmingham he did well, but was sacked for basically batting his eyelashes elsewhere to the point that the owners had to get rid. 

He then gets people to mention his name for every vacancy going (a la Sherwood) to keep his image in the public domain. He himself does a good job of keeping himself in the media.  

Derby then gives him the opportunity to prove his worth, and he fails to get us promoted when all the basic ingredients were there to get us up.

He failed last season and he's now batting his eyelashes elsewhere again. 

He summed it up by saying that Gary has created this vision of a up an coming talented English manager with ambition, when in reality he is coming accross as someone who doesnt see a job through before jumping ship and not showing loyalty to people who gives him a chance. 

Now, I know Jordan can be a knob, but I thought he gave a perspective from someone with no emotional ties to either Gary or the club.   

I’ve seen Graham Potter mentioned a few times and even though, based on what little knowledge I have of Swedish football, I’d take him in a heartbeat.

The problem is, even though our resources are undoubtedly beyond Ostersunds, I cannot see him leaving a job where he can manage in the Europa league and a (I believe) fairly decent domestic league for the Championship.  Might be able to snatch someone from a top club in another country but think Potter is beyond us

13 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Simon Jordan summed it up nicely on talksport last night. 

At Birmingham he did well, but was sacked for basically batting his eyelashes elsewhere to the point that the owners had to get rid. 

He then gets people to mention his name for every vacancy going (a la Sherwood) to keep his image in the public domain. He himself does a good job of keeping himself in the media.  

Derby then gives him the opportunity to prove his worth, and he fails to get us promoted when all the basic ingredients were there to get us up.

He failed last season and he's now batting his eyelashes elsewhere again. 

He summed it up by saying that Gary has created this vision of a up an coming talented English manager with ambition, when in reality he is coming accross as someone who doesnt see a job through before jumping ship and not showing loyalty to people who gives him a chance. 

Now, I know Jordan can be a knob, but I thought he gave a perspective from someone with no emotional ties to either Gary or the club.   

Didn’t hear the stuff regards rowett courting other clubs whilst at brum ?

1 minute ago, toddy said:

So he wants to talk to Stoke - well get him off now.

How does this look?

Scum bag!

Should never have brought him in!!!

Absolutely- no loyalty in football anymore. Imagine that in players - Not being prepared to suffer various managers, falling out of and back in favour. Possibly being exiled on loan for the cardinal sin of not having a face that fit......

nobody would stand for that any more.......?

7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Young English manager. In charge of Swedish club Östersunds. 

They were only founded in 1996 and played in this seasons Europa League. Lost to Arsenal in the knockouts but actually won 2-1 at The Emirates.

He took over in 2011 and they were in the 4th tier of Swedish football. 

They're now in the Swedish top flight and in the Europa league.

So he's not done too bad. 

Archived