Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

28 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sky Sports News understands former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard is on a list of candidates to succeed Mick McCarthy as Ipswich manager.

The Suffolk club are hoping to make an appointment by the end of May at the earliest and have received over 100 applications for the job.

100 applications.....................I blame FootballManager

Eh?

I get Derby promoted at the first attempt every season I play.  Broke the 100pt barrier this season too ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

How can you predict what's going to happen before we even announce the new manager or have been active in the transfer window?

Doesn’t matter which manager we get mate. 

Its the club philosophy that grinds them down. 

Just now, curtains said:

My obsession is DCFC and the folly of driving managers out. 

How is Rowett being driven out? He got a wage increase when Stoke were linked mid-season. After that, we dropped from 2nd to 7th, but thankfully managed to nab a play off spot on the final day. Then we lost in the play offs and the season was over. Now Stoke have come calling again and he's requested to speak to them. What should Mel do, give him a pay rise every time a team becomes interested? 

6 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

My biggest concern is that the process starts all over again: new manager comes in; new manager wants to see players during pre season; new manager wants to let them prove themselves; new manager leaves it too late in the window to change much; another season of the same. 

Whoever takes over.. Let them know when they sign the contract that the current bunch AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! We need to let go of aging legs and freshen up with a exciting young players. 

Well he has one league match because the window shuts the Thursday after the Saturday when we start so we had better be very careful 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

How is Rowett being driven out? He got a wage increase when Stoke were linked mid-season. After that, we dropped from 2nd to 7th, but thankfully managed to nab a play off spot on the final day. Then we lost in the play offs and the season was over. Now Stoke have come calling again and he's requested to speak to them. What should Mel do, give him a pay rise every time a team becomes interested? 

It’s the club philosophy mate it’s flawed. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He's off then. If he gets a pay rise fair play to him. I have done the same in my industry, why should I hold him to a higher standard than I hold myself?

Exactly this ?%., It’s a job when all is said and done. 

Dont like the speed on which this is being done, but that’s just the way it is. 

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Mels heart is in the right place, but he has ******* us up so bad

No cash

Ageing players

Manager gone

Players not geared up to play passing football

Screwed

I find it difficult to blame Uncle Mel for a lot of that - Admittedly his managerial appointments have been fairly lacking in desire to play football - But he's stumped up a lot of money over the last couple of years which has mostly been frittered away - I highly doubt he's the one picking the players

Hopefully he can rectify that with his next appointment and make me actually pleased I renewed my season ticket again

10 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

If he's going, while I personally think it's better for us long term, I'm actually quite surprised. I thought we were stuck with him for a while.

Time to get a solid footballing philosophy back into the club and get the attendances back up again. I'd gladly take a mid table finish for a manager that looks like he's building a young, hungry, positive team.

Yea mid table with youngsters is really going to get them attendances back up ,,, better get a season ticket as the place will be full to the ginnels every game from now on now rowetts gone ,,,,,, still be good to compare those attendances next season if we have a mid table side

Just now, curtains said:

It’s the club philosophy mate it’s flawed. 

The philosophy has chopped and changed so much over recent years though. As much as I don't like Rowett, it looked like Mel had calmed down a bit and was finally willing to go for stability and stick with a manager, but then he requests to talk to Stoke. This is just a man trying to further his career to get better money and be at a team with a better chance of promotion. There's no blame on him for that (although his comments about loving Derby now look a bit silly) and there should be no blame on Mel for this

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

My obsession is DCFC and the folly of driving managers out. 

But Curtains surely even you must be a tad dissapointed in GR in wanting to talk to Stoke after his statements when he signed his latest contract this is not all Mels fault , the only thing he done wrong was appointing the wrong man in the first place...i don't feel confident he'll do better next time around either tbh....we can do better....really !! but Mel seems more alienated than ever.....?

Perfect timing to promote Darren Wassall to first team manager. Put a clause in there that he can go back to his old job if he wants. Zero pressure on him to succeed. After all the merry go round manager crap we’ve had, why not give him the job. 

Deserves it.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

The philosophy has chopped and changed so much over recent years though. As much as I don't like Rowett, it looked like Mel had calmed down a bit and was finally willing to go for stability and stick with a manager, but then he requests to talk to Stoke. This is just a man trying to further his career to get better money and be at a team with a better chance of promotion. There's no blame on him for that (although his comments about loving Derby now look a bit silly) and there should be no blame on Mel for this

Mate he’s had enough of it at Derby .

He has tried but IMO knows he’s on to a loser next season. 

What would you do. 

I still hope he turns Stoke down but the reactions on here prove he’s not wanted and I can’t understand that ?

55 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

If he goes to stoke and takes Carson, after getting rid of Ince and Hughes, then **** Gary Rowett.

Never forgave not appreciating Hughes if he takes Carson too........

1 minute ago, Saity said:

But Curtains surely even you must be a tad dissapointed in GR in wanting to talk to Stoke after his statements when he signed his latest contract this is not all Mels fault , the only thing he done wrong was appointing the wrong man in the first place...i don't feel confident he'll do better next time around either tbh....we can do better....really !! but Mel seems more alienated than ever.....?

No because the job at Derby IMO is a poison chalice 

Just now, SouthStandDan said:

Perfect timing to promote Darren Wassall to first team manager. Put a clause in there that he can go back to his old job if he wants. Zero pressure on him to succeed. After all the merry go round manager crap we’ve had, why not give him the job. 

Deserves it.

No he doesn't. We need a manager who can stand up for himself.

Archived