Fitness levels

FindernRam

PistoldPete2
54 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Sky pundits lauded Gary for the first leg and with justification. They didn’t in the second and on many occasions, described sitting back and not having the Golden boot winner on the pitch as a dangerous game. The only person I heard praising Gary on his 2 nd leg tactics was ironically Gary himself. Choosing to put it down to a lack of quality ( not effort) from his players. This continues to be my major worry with Gary, I don’t feel he is learning from his mistakes. Because I don’t feel he thinks he’s ever made one. 

To be fair to Rowett I don't know what else he could have done in that second leg. Playing vydra may have been a more positive move but he did absolutely nothing in the two games despite being on the pitch for a total of about 90 minutes... If anything he should have been played less than he was not more.

the lack of forward options is partly due to lookman turning us down at the last minute, russell inexplicably jumping across the pond, and win all getting injured immediately after the transfer window shut. None of those are rowettts fault tbf.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

To be fair to Rowett I don't know what else he could have done in that second leg. Playing vydra may have been a more positive move but he did absolutely nothing in the two games despite being on the pitch for a total of about 90 minutes... If anything he should have been played less than he was not more.

the lack of forward options is partly due to lookman turning us down at the last minute, russell inexplicably jumping across the pond, and win all getting injured immediately after the transfer window shut. None of those are rowettts fault tbf.

Disagree re: Vydra. His very presence alters the dynamic of the team regardless of his individual contribution( which agreed wasn’t great). He is our danger man and as such attracts the attention of the best defenders from the opposition. This not only gives more space and less attention for the likes of Lawrence and Jerome but also moves the focal point of our team further forward thus theirs, further back. That’s why he should have played from the start in my opinion 

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

He got away because he is a good player and he learned from the first leg. Get the ball and take a step forward to either draw a foul from Davies or get some space.

Not every tough game is because we're rubbish, you can sometimes give credit where it's due.... 

Agree that Fulham are a very good team and they have improved and learned since their last play off failure. They played well at PP and were unlucky to lose. For me the writing was on the wall for the second leg. Not to take anything away from our battling 1-0 home win. However, despite a few half chances, we just weren't going to score a goal at Craven Cottage.  Not sure how what GR could have done with the players available? The only different type of player we have is Palmer,  a player who can actually hold on to the ball and carry it forward. Obviously the manager didn't fancy the idea. Anyhow we no longer have that option. 

11 hours ago, Doodle said:

Sky pundits lauded Gary for the first leg and with justification. They didn’t in the second and on many occasions, described sitting back and not having the Golden boot winner on the pitch as a dangerous game. The only person I heard praising Gary on his 2 nd leg tactics was ironically Gary himself. Choosing to put it down to a lack of quality ( not effort) from his players. This continues to be my major worry with Gary, I don’t feel he is learning from his mistakes. Because I don’t feel he thinks he’s ever made one. 

I must have ahad a different commentary to everyone else then for the second leg. 

17 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah,because we played so well.....it was a joy to watch.

My mistake,I thought we had just two shots on goal and had lost.

Hard to improve on those tactics to be fair.

The lack of shots on goal wasn’t down to tactics though. It was due to poor final third play and poor shooting accuracy when we broke. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The lack of shots on goal wasn’t down to tactics though. It was due to poor final third play and poor shooting accuracy when we broke. 

In the second leg the lack of efforts were down to tactics and playing so deep. We did not want to attack until 2-0 down and did not play the leagues top scorer. He creates space and others fear him because of what he did over the season. Much as teams in prem fear Salah cos if the number of goals he scored 

12 hours ago, Doodle said:

Aaah, I understand now where all the 'should have played our top scorer' comments have come from, it's because the SKY (spit) commentator said so.

Unfortunately that SKY (spit) commentator hasn't watched Vydra's disinterested, half arsed performances since Christmas. 

Still, if that's what the SKY (spit) man says, it must be true.

40 minutes ago, curb said:

Aaah, I understand now where all the 'should have played our top scorer' comments have come from, it's because the SKY (spit) commentator said so.

Unfortunately that SKY (spit) commentator hasn't watched Vydra's disinterested, half arsed performances since Christmas. 

You don't like SKY then!

1 hour ago, curb said:

Don’t be an imbecile, I stated long before the game Vydra should play, my reference to Sky was in relation to Wolfies comment on the matter. If you’re ignorant of facts behind a persons post, probably best to refrain from commenting on it. 

25 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Don’t be an imbecile, I stated long before the game Vydra should play, my reference to Sky was in relation to Wolfies comment on the matter. If you’re ignorant of facts behind a persons post, probably best to refrain from commenting on it. 

I've no idea of your personal posting history, and don't particularly want to, I was refering to all the comments since the second leg blaming the defeat on Rowett leaving Vydra out. 

Dont be so precious

Archived