Sign in to follow this  
FindernRam

Fitness levels

There has been much negativity around the teams age and ability to keep running. Many were convinced 2 games in 3 days would be our undoing.

Well, I didn't see too much leggedness at Fulham. I thought almost everyone kept good energy levels right to the end. 

Credit to the fitness coaches.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

There has been much negativity around the teams age and ability to keep running. Many were convinced 2 games in 3 days would be our undoing.

Well, I didn't see too much leggedness at Fulham. I thought almost everyone kept good energy levels right to the end. 

Credit to the fitness coaches.

I can't agree with this statement, sorry!

I can't fault the effort put in by the players, but particularly in late second half at home and second leg I though several players were running on empty.

Jerome was absolutely knackered after first leg, Huddlestone in second leg, it was one of his worst performances for Derby, he was completely immobile, Davies was not the sharp centre half of the first leg, and it's not a complaint, they gave their all. But age takes no prisoners.

One thing I can't complain about though was the entire teams effort, they literally gave everything, but for me Rowett needs to radically alter the average age of our team. 

To sustain a realistic challenge next season we need some new younger legs. 

12 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Quite the opposite for me. Every single one was out of steam. Which is why Mitrovic got away on so many occasions, we created nothing and the goals were so sloppy.

He got away because he is a good player and he learned from the first leg. Get the ball and take a step forward to either draw a foul from Davies or get some space.

Not every tough game is because we're rubbish, you can sometimes give credit where it's due.... 

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He got away because he is a good player and he learned from the first leg. Get the ball and take a step forward to either draw a foul from Davies or get some space.

Not every tough game is because we're rubbish, you can sometimes give credit where it's due.... 

The teams not rubbish,the tactics were...so a combination of that and Fulham being very good indeed.

Derby were tired in the second half on Monday. Night and day compared to first leg. Control and passing sharpness were really really off.

I thought we looked tired and probably the main reason we didn't have a proper go at Fulham when they sat off us. I don't think our fitness levels is the main issue though, more the personnel and they're mobility. A fully fit Tom Huddlestone still lacks the energy we require in CM, the same could be said for Bradley Johnson. They haven't got the legs or energy to support our counter attacks and when they finally do we're then susceptible to being caught out ourselves. I'm sure it's something GR will address this summer.

48 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The teams not rubbish,the tactics were...so a combination of that and Fulham being very good indeed.

Then how come everyone on SKY kept saying the tactics were spot on?

Clearly you know better.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Then how come everyone on SKY kept saying the tactics were spot on?

Clearly you know better.

I watched the game with a neutral mate, and he thought it was a very good game, because it could go either way. Kept telling him our main problem would be with the final ball and wasting opportunities to have attempts at goal, which was down to a lack of technical quality. Unfortunately, that proved to be the case.

There was nothing wrong with the tactics, and we had plenty of attacking opportunities. We should, from our play, have had more than enough shots/headers to have at least drawn the game.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.