Championship or Premiership

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/05/2018 at 12:57, D is for Derby said:

But surely that’s the point to be a fan of Southampton and watch your best young players being brought on for the sole objective of selling them and never using them to compete for you,to feel yes we have a great crop of young players and then no when the transfer window opens must be soul destroying. Might be good for the survival of a club trying to punch above it’s weight but you as a paying customer you shell out £30 to do what, watch the stars of Man U,Man City,Chelsea come to your ground and stuff you or consider you’ve had a good match if you only lost 2-0. What’s the point of playing in this holly grail called the premiership if on day one your happy if your side finishes midway in the bottom half. 

What pleases me at 3 o’clock on a Saturday afternoon is to watch Derby compete,play exciting football and win not watch the likes of Neymar and Pogba playing for someone else. And if that means the championship then so be it. 

Absolutely agree. I don't really understand the clamour to be/stay in the PL. 

This afternoon Villa fans could potentially have their best day out in about 10 or 15 years, in the Championship. As opposed to the same period of time in the Prem achieving absolutely nothing.

8 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Absolutely agree. I don't really understand the clamour to be/stay in the PL. 

This afternoon Villa fans could potentially have their best day out in about 10 or 15 years, in the Championship. As opposed to the same period of time in the Prem achieving absolutely nothing.

What’s the difference between staying in the Championship and achieving absolutely nothing?

I would swap Tuesday nights at Rotherham for Thursdays in Madrid playing Atlético.

Wasn’t that long ago Villa were in Europe, I’m sure that would be the goal again which wouldn’t be nothing. 

Even little old Burnley have shown it’s possible, why not Derby?

59 minutes ago, David said:

What’s the difference between staying in the Championship and achieving absolutely nothing?

I would swap Tuesday nights at Rotherham for Thursdays in Madrid playing Atlético.

Wasn’t that long ago Villa were in Europe, I’m sure that would be the goal again which wouldn’t be nothing. 

Dead right. 

If you go up you have to deal with losing more than you win but getting enough points to stay up; then deal with building again, steadily getting better. Leicester and Blackburn by their rarity show that storming the PL as we did in the early 70s isn't possible any more unless the Top 6/7 leave to form their own European league, but there's no reason why we can't challenge with good management, good scouting and some luck.

4 hours ago, David said:

At least in the Championship you have the opportunity to achieve something. In the Prem you have an outside chance at best.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I don't really understand why some fans are so desperate to avoid being relegated from the Prem when it gives them their most realistic chance of a celebration and a day out.

Blackburn fans have had a more enjoyable season in League One than Southampton fans have in the Prem.

Archived