Come on England

MuespachRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a couple of hours to mull it over...

i hate football. Hate hate hate it. 

Its **** everything about it. 

I hate it. 

And i will forget all this by the first game at the World Cup and be convinced we can win it .....

i hate football. 

I don't know about the football itself, but this tournament is going to be awful. There are few places worse to have international football fans congregate than Russia.

I've no idea who's strong internationally any more, other than Germany. The general quality of international football has seemed to be (in my observation) in decline.

If the French can get along for a month and avoid being mardy with each other i think they have to be one of the favourites. Bags of talent, experience and youth. Scary when you consider some of the names below.

Mbappe, Lemar, Pogba, Griezmann, Kante, Laporte, Umtiti, Martial, Ousmane Dembele, Kingsley Coman, Tolisso

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know about the football itself, but this tournament is going to be awful. There are few places worse to have international football fans congregate than Russia.

I've no idea who's strong internationally any more, other than Germany. The general quality of international football has seemed to be (in my observation) in decline.

Hmm maybe less quality than there was 12 years ago but the quality of the too international sides will be better than 2014. Brazil are much better, Spain are getting back to their best, Germany are better offensively than they were in 2014, France’s squad is insane and is in a better shape than 4 years ago. Belgium will be better too and Portugal will have the experience having won the euros and most importantly for them, Ronaldo will be fit unlike the last World Cup, where he was playing with tendinitis. The only top international side who have declined are Argentina but with Messi, anything is possible.

1 hour ago, AshfieldRam said:

If the French can get along for a month and avoid being mardy with each other i think they have to be one of the favourites. Bags of talent, experience and youth. Scary when you consider some of the names below.

Mbappe, Lemar, Pogba, Griezmann, Kante, Laporte, Umtiti, Martial, Ousmane Dembele, Kingsley Coman, Tolisso

This has the potential to be one of the most open world cups I’ve seen in a long time. In 2014, Germany were so far ahead of the rest as the other international teams were in poor shape. In 2010, Spain were so much more talented than any other team, 2006 was tight and Brazil should have won but their best players were out of form, 2002 Brazil were so much better than the rest, 1998 Brazil and France were the best and then there was a massive gap with the rest.

Archived