Can we have a new manager like Slavisa Jokanovic

17 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Don't act like his hands were tied. They didn't have a place in the team either way - If they'd have stayed, they'd both have been bench warmers and largely ineffective in this set up.

I'm also not sure how selling hughes for 4 million and buying lawrence for 7 million helps us financially either.

You are wrong with those fees and if you think he has money to spend like the others did before him you really are deluded. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 86 points said:

Pearson was a road crash though fella, Rowett is far from it. ANd don't assume that because folk are prepared to give Rowett a chance that they are in favour of zero possession football. That's a rather simplistic line to take IMO. As for being mardy, I'm not - it was a genuine question. I thought you'd posted something pretty positive about the way we were progressing recently. Since you've levelled that accusation though, on the mardy scale, I'd say you've smashed me out the park this season, wouldn't you? Pretty sure you stated as much yourself not long ago or did I imagine that too?

I really struggle to see how rowett is different in his football philosophy from Pearson...don't get me wrong gary is not a mentalist during press conferences but the football is depressingly similar having observed our team playing under both managers.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Devils advocate.

What happens If we get someone like him in and they struggle and we finish in the bottom half?

Sack them too?

Are we seeing younger players including from the academy being introduced?

Can we see a improvement in our football from what we have now,do we see the direction in which we are trying to head?

Do people like watching the team play again?

Are people getting excited about the future of this team and looking forwards to it developing into a genuine sustainable force in the league?

If we are,then personally,I'm not bothered if we are are mid table,id be rubbing my hands at the thought what this team is developing into,much as I did in 2013/14

19 hours ago, KCG said:

He's just another average manager with a bit of money to spend. He's nothing special.

Gary's had to duck and weave and got us into the play-offs, much against expectation! Well done, Gary!

He doesn’t spend the money, he has a transfer committee or something like that.

He’s a quality coach, it’s Fulham who trademarked the full-backs eviscerating the opposition and getting to the by-line, not City. 

I'm confident Villa will turn Fulham over in the final.

Fulham play nice football, but Villa have got the PL nous and the match-winners.

The likes of Snodgrass and Terry may be unpopular, but they're the type of players which get you over the line.

That's what parachute money buys you, and it's why the rest of us are at a distinct disadvantage.

On 14/05/2018 at 22:03, Andicis said:

What you mean a manager that actually tries to play football and win games by playing nice football? Yes please.

Would need to change the team completely.

In the long run with GRs ability to change tactics per situation id rather GR than that dodgy foreigner who cant speak english properly.

28 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm confident Villa will turn Fulham over in the final.

Fulham play nice football, but Villa have got the PL nous and the match-winners.

The likes of Snodgrass and Terry may be unpopular, but they're the type of players which get you over the line.

That's what parachute money buys you, and it's why the rest of us are at a distinct disadvantage.

True Villa re more than capable in a one off game, as derby would be with more composure in the final 3rd.

Knockout football is totally differnt, and its fulhams fight and persistance that beat derby above all that ability.

Given a 46 game season you fancy fulham to outscore derby by 15 points and finish above villas its proved.

But the playsoffs is like the world cup, its a nervy affair, and its knokout football, different rules apply.

I do wonder what other clubs think of us. 

With all the criticism of the football we've won by 3+ goals more than any other team and improved in every aspect in the league this season. 

This does paper over some fundamental cracks with how the team are set up. We were promised high intensity and for my sanity I'm choosing to believe that he went for it with the older/known quantity players but then realised they didn't have the legs for his tactics. I'm choosing to believe that next year we'll be as defensively resolute whilst having more energy meaning turning the ball over more quickly meaning more possession and more control over the game rather than the sit back and hope Weimann gets on the end of the long ball style we've become accustomed to. 

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:50, wixman1884 said:

Don't act like his hands were tied. They didn't have a place in the team either way - If they'd have stayed, they'd both have been bench warmers and largely ineffective in this set up.

I'm also not sure how selling hughes for 4 million and buying lawrence for 7 million helps us financially either.

I think the FFP rules are partly to blame here and I fear that it will happen again before the end of June. Last season Hughes and Ince had to go to balance the books before the end of June and we could spend any money before the start of July.

As things stand I think we will need to sell a player or two before the end of June to balance the books for this season. In July we will then be able to spend some money in next year's FFP, in order to get promotion. Helping next seasons finances will be the loss of some big earners off our books and possibly losing the transfer fees paid out by Clement. 

On 15/05/2018 at 00:16, dcfcfan1 said:

If they dont go up , they will have the heart ripped out of that team

Mitrovic and Taggart only on loan and Cairney and Sessegnon will leave

The advantage that we have is that wont happen to us, so we have a head start over teams like stoke, swansea, Fulham ect

So it's an advantage that nobody wants our players?

People need to get a grip....  if anyone doesn’t realise that Fulham team has 3/4 players derby fans could even dream of signing and it isn’t anything to do with the manager. 

Yes the style isn’t great, but the reality is you need the players to make it happen and with that style as we found out and everyone knows Fulham will if they don’t go up, it is very shortlived. Bigger clubs snap up the players who work in those teams and replacing them is nearly impossible.

instead of pointing the finger at a manager who has been very effective working with what he has, point it at the people who have wasted countless millions (of their money but the clubs ffp allowances) hiring and firing the same manager and overpaying for average players. 

Our squad is not a multi million pound squad and our scouting, recruitment and strategy is laughable. 

You can have you views on Lawrence but him aside Rowett has spent very shrewd money and Lawrence could turn out to be if he hits the form he’s shown at Ipswich. 

Rowetts style doesn’t have to be pretty but look at the last couple of years... yes we passed/kept the ball quite well but if a team parked the bus we had no magic, no incision and were then left vulnerable on the break.

thats always been the issue with February and March, when you are up there at that point in the season teams start to sit back and play for a point or a result on the break. We’ve then been very dependent on players we cannot replace and a few injuries and our form capitulates and those players have got fewer and fewer season by season buying overpaid rubbish.

We have a plan b now, we aren’t dependent on players (Vydra was dropped and the form improved) and a few good signings who can play decent football will improve the way we move the ball forward.

keep calm and wait until the end of the transfer window. If Rowett is given money and wastes it get on his back, until then open your eyes and realise unless we stumble across a mitrovic and sessegnon it ain’t gonna happen!

Everton have got rid of Allardyce for playing boring negative football although it kept them well away from relegation. West ham have replaced Moyes for being to negative. Says it all really..do you want to be entertained on a saturday or do you want to pay a small fortune to watch negative turgid football with no goal mouth action, no shots on target, minimal possession...but brilliant at last ditch defending... i know which i prefer to watch.

6 minutes ago, superzak said:

Everton have got rid of Allardyce for playing boring negative football although it kept them well away from relegation. West ham have replaced Moyes for being to negative. Says it all really..do you want to be entertained on a saturday or do you want to pay a small fortune to watch negative turgid football with no goal mouth action, no shots on target, minimal possession...but brilliant at last ditch defending... i know which i prefer to watch.

One big difference to me... Everton and West Ham are willing to through ridiculous money at it... they don’t have to choose. Look at both of their transfer windows this season!

with where we are with ffp, big decisions may have to be made... progress forward or play pretty... no point playing beautiful football all the way to league 1

48 minutes ago, superzak said:

Huge difference...they are in the premier league. 

Are you telling me we’d all be happy with mid table in the championship if the football was entertaining? Losing matches but having the moral victory because we played good football? The football wasn’t actually that bad under Nige especially at home but the crowds quickly dwindled to 21-22k.

Scored a lot more goals and conceded less than last season, most wins by 3+ goals this season - is that boring? It’s no where near Mac 1 granted, but we haven’t played like that for years. Clement was turgid, Wassall was a bit better, Pearson was horrendous, Mac 2 was more turgid! 

Archived