Sign in to follow this  
loweman2

Next season

Bottom line is that if GR wants to play the low possession/bus parking style, then we absolutely have to get nore intelligent wide attackers than Lawrence and Weimann. Their decision making was so poor in both games, every time we made a break they ruined it

Jerome/Vydra/Winall are all natural goal-scorers - given half a chance. Weimann and Lawrence are more likely to spank it into the stands 9 times out of 10. I know it's meaningless in the end, but imagine this team with aplayer like Ince instead of Lawrence. Could have been the difference

archied

Sack rowett , invest or sell the club ,,,,,,same old knee jerk and urealistic shouts ,,

truth is for me rowet has a summer window and up till January to show his vision for us and his ability to achieve it ,, he has done some positive stuff this season but also got some stuff wrong and there’s bits that he needs to address and change about his approach at times ,for instance if Lawrence is undroppable then our leading golden boot scorer is too ? As I said earlier elsewhere you can get away with not playing vydra but only if it comes off and you win ,,harsh but true ,

i also see the bring back Martin ,Bryson calls ,,, not the answer at all ,, this club has to move forward , I reckon we will know by Xmas next season if rowett is the man to do it and a patched up older side getting results and play off spot like the one that bought us and him time this season won’t cut it for me ,it’s got to be something that most rams fans can buy into and get excited about and if it isn’t then there’s been enough time given to make a fair balanced judgement ,,, that’s how I’m going to look at it ,, the sack everybody right now or sooner can do as they like too , it’s all about opinions 

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Id like to see some good quality loans like Mac pulled off. Loan some players that are better than we can buy with limited financial commitment 

most sides that have got out of this division in recent years have used the loan market well 

We get loans and put them on the bench (Palmer) ...... What bloody use is that? 

1 hour ago, archied said:

Jesus h Christ ,, have you ever been the subject of a restraining order at any time in your life ?

What do they say is the definition of insanity...? To do the same thing over and over again and expect different results..? 

Let’s keep picking bug eye, he will come good eventually..........

Passions are obviously running high at the moment. And I'm BITTERLY disappointed after last night, but I'm pragmatic enough to say that Fulham were the better side. I think they will get promoted and actually have a decent season next season in the Premier. I'm also kind of disappointed in myself for allowing me to get my hopes up again for them to be dashed near the finishing post. But that's football.

We need to stop the revolving door policy we have with managers of recent years. Gary has had one summer and one winter transfer window. He needs the same again, and then come March 2019, if we are languishing, then we can say he's had a fair crack of the whip to get it right.

I'm sure Gary has learned a lot of lessons this season about his squad and tactics. I don't think he's blind to the faults of some of the players in the squad and I think he will address those problem areas. So let's settle down, stop the rash, panic and passion fuelled decisions and let Mel and Gary prepare us for next season.

Having slept on the result last night and another two poor errors to give the goals away, and having been reasonably critical of Rowett's style of football, I am of the view that Gary has to change his style to suit a club that has genuine aspirations of being a force in the Championship. At Burton Albion even when doing well in league two they were seen as the small club punching above their weight, at Birmingham he had moved to a club that had nothing apart from an owner in clink and some average players and did well to get them organised enough to get to 8th (or wherever it was). 

My fear is that he has brought that mentality with him to Derby and not been brave enough; I hope he changes. I also hope that Mel or new investor puts pressure on him to be braver with his team. What he was describing that he wanted to do is exactly what I would like to see. Not the hopeful (and sometimes hopeless) punts into the corner for a big man to chase. The team hasn't got to be dismantled we have some excellent players who must be frustrated at the way they are being asked to play. I would ship out some of the old school like Keogh and Forsyth, In football people speak highly of his capabilities as a coach so c'mon Gary let's move forward into a new era for a braver manager and more positive team 

ps, if you don't I think you and the coaching staff will be looking for a new job by the end of November.

archied
4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The only thing gary is blind too are his own faults.....blaming the team who he coached,managed and gave the tactics too is poor.

Very disappointed with him.

Me I’m a bit disappointed with him and a bit disappointed with some of the players but in fairness some aren’t good enough quality for promotion chasing team 

Not sure which thread to reply to so I'm going for this one!

I thought last night summed up our season really. An extremely solid defensive platform that even the best teams have struggled to break down. A couple of lapses of concentration from the players you expect to have them. A lack of clinicism, compsure and accuracy going forward. Players lost belief. Legs start to go. Fade to nothing.

None of it was surprising.

Reflecting on the season, Rowett has done enough to keep his job and get another summer rebuilding, but we have to see some players leave. Barring Carson and Davies, any of them can go for me. The last month has been incredibly important rebuilding unity and morale throughout the club and showing we can show some bottle when needed. We had a poor January transfer window which undermined us and the older legs caught up towards the end of the season in my view.

Looking forward, we have the foundations there. The question now is how to ship unwanted players out, bring in the players who have the ability to be accurate and make the right decisions and last a full 90 minutes. Weimann is fine but never makes the right call, Lawrence blows hot and cold, and our two strikers can't last a full match. Are Elsnik and Thomas the answer? The club need to listen to fans again on matchday stuff but continue encouraging the manager and squad to talk to the fans and get everyone working together.

A 6/10 season for me, the last month ensured I see it as an entertaining one, the 3 months before it were horrendous. Pre-Christmas, not much to get excited about, but we were winning. A very odd season for me.

35 minutes ago, archied said:

Me I’m a bit disappointed with him and a bit disappointed with some of the players but in fairness some aren’t good enough quality for promotion chasing team 

Not much different then other than I substitute the word 'very' for 'bit'.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The only thing gary is blind too are his own faults.....blaming the team who he coached,managed and gave the tactics too is poor.

Very disappointed with him.

I think it's the small team attitude shown with the tactics that piss me off more than anything. No ambition what so ever.

I've never understood the use of a two defensive midfielder but to do it at home against teams we have encountered this season... Impossible to create an appropriate sentence how disappointing it is.

More of the same I fear.

Mediocre summer recruitment on a shoestring, funded by the sale of Vydra (except this time likely to a rival championship side)  

Incoming players don't fit the system or are ultimately hard workers without end product

Too many contracts extended beyond the end of next season

Tired legs

Some good runs and some bad spells, frustrating football, and in the end not nearly enough for automatic promotion

Discontented fans by October

Any better than that I'll be moderately happy.

Would be good to see Wisdom push on and Lawrence find his groove (possibly in the no. 10 spot)

Hope that we blood some youngsters along the way, would love to see Elsnik and Thomas break through and start making a name for themselves.

Worried we will struggle to score goals without Vydra - I think we may finish lower than 6th.

3 hours ago, GadFly said:

How much can we realistically expect to spend this summer? Any idea? 

Depends purely on who we sell I think.

Ignore Bent, Shackell & Baird going - we're over budget so that won't be freed up money.

Work on the basis of 3 players out for 2 in, and half in the bank/half for transfers on all deals

Maybe £10m pot if we sell Vydra and a few others. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

We improved from 10th to 6th this season whilst making a profit on transfer fees.

True but it is a bit short termisum at the moment. I think after next season we will be bringing through the academy players and I think a few will feature next season.