Next season

loweman2

10 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sacking Rowett would be ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. We've just lost in the play offs to a team that went HALF a season unbeaten and didn't lose at home. 

The effort was there but we just don't have enough quality. Our use of the ball in the final 3rd is terrible. Weimann, Lawrence the main culprits. Look at their use of the ball and look at ours. They have better players all over the park. I'd have Davies from our team and Wisdom at a push. But from there on in. Every single one of their players would get in our side. 

Think it's time to thank Keogh for his efforts and move him on. Keep Davies and get a young centre half in to play alongside him. 

Forsyth is horrendous. He was embarrassing today and has been embarrassing all season. Terrible footballer. Has to go. 

Then we need some quality in midfield and the final 3rd.

Weimann. Cant fault his effort. But no end product. 

Nugent is past it. 

Jerome has had a good run but he ain't the answer. 

Huge season for Lawrence next season. Cos he's frustrated the life out of me. 

Can't see us keeping Vydra. Think we'll sell him on the back of his best ever season. 15 million plus and he's gone. 

Would like to see us sign Winnall and a striker on loan maybe? Hugill at West Ham as an option. 

We need a left back, midfielder and a winger. A good old fashioned winger. 

Summed up my feelings perfectly. Your assessment of the situation and squad is spot on in my humble opinion. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't count the number of times last night my family all said 'NOOOOOO' due to an absolutely shocking final ball, basic 10 yard pass or being dispossessed because they dawdled on the ball. 

We got what we deserved by playing the way we did, however we can hardly say this team would be able to play fast flowing football based on the fact they can't even do the basics.

If we aren't able to bring many players in we need to utilise the players coming back, I for one will welcome Bryson back with open arms, he can actually pass the ball, play little triangles and run, we have had absolutely zero mobility in centre midfield all season.

1 minute ago, alanmarklewis said:

I couldn't count the number of times last night my family all said 'NOOOOOO' due to an absolutely shocking final ball, basic 10 yard pass or being dispossessed because they dawdled on the ball. 

We got what we deserved by playing the way we did, however we can hardly say this team would be able to play fast flowing football based on the fact they can't even do the basics.

If we aren't able to bring many players in we need to utilise the players coming back, I for one will welcome Bryson back with open arms, he can actually pass the ball, play little triangles and run, we have had absolutely zero mobility in centre midfield all season.

I think,sadly,you (we) can dream on about Bryson being welcomed back....rowett doesn't want players like that or Martin.

They will be sold or loaned out and to be honest,why would they want to come back?....they wouldn't be played,they don't fit into rowetts way and would end up playing little to no football.

The days of little triangles,interpassing,holding onto the ball etc are gone my friend.

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Why aren't they? How do you know that they aren't? Guy has been good at two different league 1 clubs, and Elsnick was Swindon's best player. Derby just won't give them a try.

I agree - It's not like we have got too much to lose if we try and bleed through the younger lads. Surely it can only go well?

The team has just finished 6th, and lost in the play offs to the second best team in the league. If we invest in the right way and in the right areas who's to say that we cant go one better next season? BUT....We need investment, Keogh, Forsyth, Anya, Weimann, Ledley and Baird need to be sold as they offer very little. Huddlestone, Johnson and Nugent are slow and cant get around the pitch.  For me if we dont invest and rely on "youth" were only going to go backwards and it will take us years to sort out the team from that point. If Mel doesn't have the money he should put the club up for sale and leave. If we get some structure in like Wolves we will be in the Prem sooner rather than later. Rowett said last night that "we didn't move the ball well enough", That's 100% on him, all season he has made the players play without the ball reiterated that you dont need possession to win games yet in the play offs he expects them to start doing the opposite. He doesn't fill me with confidence, hes a likable guy but how long that lasts only Mel knows? in the 85th minute we still had 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch, That sums Rowett up, Stubborn and boring. Need some flair and excitement around the place. Everyone needs a lift of optimism from somewhere.....

So get rid of some burden, old ballast, we need fresh and young blood (Guy, Elsnik, Lowe). Then get in some high quality, next season will be even harder with Stoke Swansea and WBA coming down... Perhaps finally start seriously scouting in some foreign leagues and not only buy players aged +32. Ah yeah, and just have a look around the league - get players like Ryan Woods, bring George Thorne back at his peak and we will get promoted.

Honestly: Too much work to do for one summer.

Yesterday (or this season in general) was a big opportunity - wasted.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Gary's system works only if he manages to get an exceptionally good front four. Now we appear to have hit the buffers financially I'm not sure where those four are coming from. Currently I would say quality wise we are at least 50% light in the front four positions. Its going to be an interesting summer.

I wonder if Gary,could actually ever,change his ways to suit the personnel he has rather than persevering with his kick and rush tactics?

Could he embrace playing football the Fulham way (or the way we used to) if it brought success and praise?

Surely a great manager can adapt?

Or is Gary to stubborn in his approach to football for that to ever happen?

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We need to get rid of

keogh...

a

s

a

p

Jesus h Christ ,, have you ever been the subject of a restraining order at any time in your life ?

2 minutes ago, GermanRam said:

So get rid of some burden, old ballast, we need fresh and young blood (Guy, Elsnik, Lowe). Then get in some high quality, next season will be even harder with Stoke Swansea and WBA coming down... Perhaps finally start seriously scouting in some foreign leagues and not only buy players aged +32. Ah yeah, and just have a look around the league - get players like Ryan Woods, bring George Thorne back at his peak and we will get promoted.

Honestly: Too much work to do for one summer.

Yesterday (or this season in general) was a big opportunity - wasted.

think you're right, need a lot of luck.  even getting rid of some for a reasonable price and find a couple of cheap gems is a tall ask

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I wonder if Gary,could actually ever,change his ways to suit the personnel he has rather than persevering with his kick and rush tactics?

Could he embrace playing football the Fulham way (or the way we used to) if it brought success and praise?

Surely a great manager can adapt?

Or is Gary to stubborn in his approach to football for that to ever happen?

So called great managers usually need a "great" cheque book to change systems.

11 hours ago, BottrillRAM said:

Going to go against the majority here but Vydra should be sold for the right price this summer! Similarly to Hendrick going, his valuation will probably be at it’s highest now and worth cashing in on. Realistically we’ll get 15m for him, and in a 3-4-2-1 formation I don’t see him as being in the strongest 11! 

He looked like he was already on his way out the door when he came on last night. for the last month and a half he has looked very distant. Reminds me of Ince a little. IF we can get 15 million i would take it, Profit and room to bring others in, Maybe not big name signings but some much needed quality.......

Bottom line is that if GR wants to play the low possession/bus parking style, then we absolutely have to get nore intelligent wide attackers than Lawrence and Weimann. Their decision making was so poor in both games, every time we made a break they ruined it

Jerome/Vydra/Winall are all natural goal-scorers - given half a chance. Weimann and Lawrence are more likely to spank it into the stands 9 times out of 10. I know it's meaningless in the end, but imagine this team with aplayer like Ince instead of Lawrence. Could have been the difference

Sack rowett , invest or sell the club ,,,,,,same old knee jerk and urealistic shouts ,,

truth is for me rowet has a summer window and up till January to show his vision for us and his ability to achieve it ,, he has done some positive stuff this season but also got some stuff wrong and there’s bits that he needs to address and change about his approach at times ,for instance if Lawrence is undroppable then our leading golden boot scorer is too ? As I said earlier elsewhere you can get away with not playing vydra but only if it comes off and you win ,,harsh but true ,

i also see the bring back Martin ,Bryson calls ,,, not the answer at all ,, this club has to move forward , I reckon we will know by Xmas next season if rowett is the man to do it and a patched up older side getting results and play off spot like the one that bought us and him time this season won’t cut it for me ,it’s got to be something that most rams fans can buy into and get excited about and if it isn’t then there’s been enough time given to make a fair balanced judgement ,,, that’s how I’m going to look at it ,, the sack everybody right now or sooner can do as they like too , it’s all about opinions 

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Id like to see some good quality loans like Mac pulled off. Loan some players that are better than we can buy with limited financial commitment 

most sides that have got out of this division in recent years have used the loan market well 

We get loans and put them on the bench (Palmer) ...... What bloody use is that? 

1 hour ago, archied said:

Jesus h Christ ,, have you ever been the subject of a restraining order at any time in your life ?

What do they say is the definition of insanity...? To do the same thing over and over again and expect different results..? 

Let’s keep picking bug eye, he will come good eventually..........

Passions are obviously running high at the moment. And I'm BITTERLY disappointed after last night, but I'm pragmatic enough to say that Fulham were the better side. I think they will get promoted and actually have a decent season next season in the Premier. I'm also kind of disappointed in myself for allowing me to get my hopes up again for them to be dashed near the finishing post. But that's football.

We need to stop the revolving door policy we have with managers of recent years. Gary has had one summer and one winter transfer window. He needs the same again, and then come March 2019, if we are languishing, then we can say he's had a fair crack of the whip to get it right.

I'm sure Gary has learned a lot of lessons this season about his squad and tactics. I don't think he's blind to the faults of some of the players in the squad and I think he will address those problem areas. So let's settle down, stop the rash, panic and passion fuelled decisions and let Mel and Gary prepare us for next season.

Archived