Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

24 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Really? Show me one person who actually wants to sell him.

There's an acceptance that he's our biggest (only?) real asset that we may have to sell in order to fund purchases (and presumably if a Prem team comes knocking, he'll want to leave anyway) but the two things are VERY different.

There's a whole thread talking about how we'd play better as a team without Vydra - I took that to mean the posters want to sell him, I guess they might just want to keep him as a spare though.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve just played a semi final of a play off and let the other team dictate and try and defend and counter ...yes Fulham are a good side but which direction are we going in to be so far behind Fulham???..we might regret not having a more attacking plan as we have no given right to make the play offs and think there may be some bumpy times ahead....

if Rowett changes and has a more attack minded team next season then fine if not....let’s hope he doesn’t leave a load of cloggers here that someone else will then have to take a couple of seasons to get rid of ....

ps.please please Mel get some new scouts because ours appear to be on holiday most of the time you don’t have to spend millions to make a team ...

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Makes his decision to offload Bryson and have Palmer warming his bench look even stranger! 

I'm not entirely convinced Bryson could have changed a lot. When he played for Cardiff he was usually in a 3 man midfield, like he was with us. I don't believe he's good enough defensively to sit in the two man midfield we play and especially next to the relatively immobile Hudd, we need someone who can actually tackle. That's why he settled for Johnson in the end and kept trying him throughout the season, you can never really question Johnson's desire to fight on the pitch.

Wasn't Palmer injured for most of his say? I thought I read that somewhere.

15 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

Does this thread fall int9 the “Be careful what you wish for” category yet?

No. How could it? I wasn't carefully wishing for another season of Rowett, I was dreading it.

7 minutes ago, KCG said:

I would love to have been able to give this numerous likes.

Breaks your usual mould of giving everything a sad react I suppose.

13 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

Have you seen the list of prospective candidates for the job?

Yep, and the bookies favourite for our job is everything we need from a manager, who wants to play progressive, forward thinking football. Everything Rowett isn't.

1 minute ago, EssendonRam said:

Smith would be an interesting appointment. He was well down the list I saw a few hours ago.

As of the last hour his odds shortened to evens. I think he would be a really shrewd appointment, I really like how Brentford play on a budget.

Archived