Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Hi Roy it’s nice to see you again, I was worried about you! Did you have no WiFi on your holiday?

I thought I'd let you all fanaticise. I knew it was the time to let you all think Rowett was the answer... 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were poor tonight. But the way Rowett set us up and then didn't change it before Fulham scored - you could see we were struggling. ******** another year of negative Rowettball. Too much for me.

PURE AIDS

@RoyMac5 at least you don't easily celebrate defeat like some of the other threads. Rowett played to defend all game and had no plan to win the game, so when we conceded we were *******. We needed to go and score first and we didn't, Fulham outplayed us.

1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

In the 90th minute based on how tired they both were? Johnson, every time.

And yes we did look better. Jerome has been excellent for us recently and is one of the big reasons we're in the playoffs, but he struggled tonight and was absolutely knackered when he was subbed off.

For what it’s worth, I thought that Jerome was very good tonight and did what he was required to do. He held up the ball well and earnt us some vaulable free kicks. The only downside was him failing to play in Anya rather than going for the shot. The problem was more so the lack of composure in midfield or on the counter attack. Lawrence and Weimann got into many good positions but were wasteful.

Easy for me to say this and it’s purely hypothetical but if that was Ince in the same position as them two then we would be in the final now in my opinion as he would have had the quality to make the right decision.

Just listened to his interview. Brilliant, tell you what Gary Rowett top man, he’ll do for me. Gary Rowett Black and White Army. Bring it on you doubters. I’m getting to as many games as I can next season he has my full support. SSA

19 minutes ago, SWRam said:

What  a load of happy clapping dross!

Yeah and I’ll feel proud of my team mate. Not perfect by any means but my hands will be clapping through the summer looking forward to next season. Happy clapping and proud . I’m a Ram are you? 

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah he’s a bit ott...but he is kinda right tonight I’m afraid. It wasn’t set up right and you can’t cover that up.

Yes it seemed Rowett set up for a 0-0 and that was never going to work against Fulham. Very strange tactics. 

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Yeah and I’ll feel proud of my team mate. Not perfect by any means but my hands will be clapping through the summer looking forward to next season. Happy clapping and proud . I’m a Ram are you? 

proud of what exactly?

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

We did play exactly the same and so did they ! 

Fulham played ten yards further forward and committed more bodies in and around the box than Friday. We played exactly the same trying to counter. We needed to try and pin them back in their half imo (I’m not a tactical genius btw, that’s just my take) but we never gave ourselves that reprieve aside from corners. To expect we could play exactly the same and hopefully hang on felt a little desperate and that we weren’t convinced that we were good enough.

Rowett deserves the praise when it goes well, but when it goes wrong we should also be allowed to point it out and discuss. Friday, great work. Tonight probably showed his weaknesses

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

For what it’s worth, I thought that Jerome was very good tonight and did what he was required to do. He held up the ball well and earnt us some vaulable free kicks.

He had a good first half.

1 minute ago, europia said:

Yes it seemed Rowett set up for a 0-0 and that was never going to work against Fulham. Very strange tactics. 

Exactly mate, don’t mind Rowett overall but he needs to get out of those type of tactics 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

For what it’s worth, I thought that Jerome was very good tonight and did what he was required to do. He held up the ball well and earnt us some vaulable free kicks. The only downside was him failing to play in Anya rather than going for the shot. The problem was more so the lack of composure in midfield or on the counter attack. Lawrence and Weimann got into many good positions but were wasteful.

Easy for me to say this and it’s purely hypothetical but if that was Ince in the same position as them two then we would be in the final now in my opinion as he would have had the quality to make the right decision.

Yeah I'm not saying he had an awful game, as you say he did all that was required of him other than that decision to shoot. I just think subbing him was the right call, he clearly wasn't getting anywhere going forward.

Maybe but Incey wasn't quite as good defensively as Lawrence or Weimann have been recently, both of whom were a big part as to why Fulham struggle to create for long periods of the tie.

Just now, SWRam said:

proud of what exactly?

Proud that we got in to Play Offs and were beaten by a better team. Players gave their all, some are not good enough we all know that. Rowett missed a couple of players he was after and we are a WIP. He needs more transfer windows but maybe you’re dreaming of Wenger in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

He set up to hit them on the break, which is hardly a strange tactic when playing such a good side in attack. They're a vastly superior side in terms of midfield and attack so trying to play against them, especially at Craven Cottage, is absolute suicide. You'd all be calling for his head if he went out gung-ho from kick-off and we got stomped 5-0.

Rowett was praised over the two legs by people who know more than us for his approach to the game.

His hand was forced in how we have played this season by a few truly bizarre transfer windows where we’ve said one thing (let’s sign young, hungry and fit players!!) and done the complete opposite (oooh look! Another 29 year old in a position where we already have cover!!!).

Only the most biased anti-Rowett detractor could argue that he talks nonsense. 

Every word he just said was of the right tone.

Got to give him chance to build a team. 

Mel, tell him he's the man but he needs to get some youth in, play with more intent ....

Roll on next season.

Just now, Chester40 said:

Only the most biased anti-Rowett detractor could argue that he talks nonsense. 

Every word he just said was of the right tone.

Got to give him chance to build a team. 

THAT is the point - Rowett TALKS the talk. It's what he's done all seaon. Can't walk the walk.

Proud that we got in to Play Offs and were beaten by a better team.

The reason Fulham were the better team was because Rowett sold Hughes and Ince in the first place.

some are not good enough we all know that

Then why are they here?

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

He needs more transfer windows

He's had two already yet failed to improve the squad.

Archived