Transfer Window Change

HariboWest

The Premier League are opening their transfer window from thursday. And EFL are thought to be preparing a similar statement. Meaning signings could be made before the play off finals etc. 

Quite interesting. A big gamble. Imagine spending big bucks to just get you over the line. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

Just seen this, does that mean we can go out and sign Ronaldo for the Play Off Final if we make it?

Only if Steve bloody Bruce doesn’t nab him first, you know what he’s like for pinching our targets. 

I imagine it would only come into force following the end of the season, e.g. after the play-offs? The PL have announced it the day after their season is over, it wouldn't be right to allow teams to buy players who still have one potential game left worth £170m...

You just know we'll have interest in Vydra ready to come and unsettle us before we play the final (if we get there...)

The EFL are said to be following the PL, but I’m sure it will be a case of you can sign but they are ineligible to play until the 18/19 season starts, otherwise you would see some real lunacy taking place.

41 minutes ago, David said:

Just seen this, does that mean we can go out and sign Ronaldo for the Play Off Final if we make it?

Not this year... wait for it, this is golden... not this year because... AT 33 HE'S NOT OLD ENOUGH!!! Hahaha!!!

Haha that's a joke based on Gary's transfer policy (some of the signings have been older players).

@86 points will appreciate this one.

For a while, I thought they would represent closing the window before the season is going to start...

They might open the transfer window but not the registration? Then you could get your signings in early which would make sense especially these summers with international competition.

23 hours ago, David said:

The EFL are said to be following the PL, but I’m sure it will be a case of you can sign but they are ineligible to play until the 18/19 season starts, otherwise you would see some real lunacy taking place.

But I’m sure teams do that anyway? 

Archived