The Rams on the BBC

unclej

On 12/05/2018 at 18:26, WhiteHorseRam said:

I used to think it was my imagination, but I honestly think we are 'unfashionable'.

Often you will hear some pundits wax lyrical about Clough Senior or Steve Mac, but its almost as if they are trying to show someone that they have a clue or have done the background reading.

Perhaps Mel should make us play in light blue or something.

Just to prove my point about us being 'unfashionable' ...... three days later and the BBC still haven't bothered to update our club page, apparently GR has just asked to speak to Stoke ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county

Lampard would be a big risk, but he would at least help on this front.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Is there anything that’s more small-club mentality than being paranoid about the BBC not caring about us?

True but it is quite ridiculous that one of the largest news organisations in the world can't be bothered to update our page when something this significant has happened.

PistoldPete2
28 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

True but it is quite ridiculous that one of the largest news organisations in the world can't be bothered to update our page when something this significant has happened.

The BBC news and sports website is just generally *****. Half of it isn't even proper news. 

1 hour ago, iolanthe said:

We have to be realistic and no-one is really interested in us other than ourselves.

I like it that way.

A Spurs fan once asked me when Derby County 'last mattered'. He seemed utterly confused by my answer: They matter to me every day and I don't care if nobody else even knows they exist.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

All this 'the BBC hates us' stuff just smacks of feelings of inadequacy to me. It's the same feeling that develops into enlargement surgery, the purchase of a BMW or invading Poland.

I think that Poland might be a bit too much at the moment. Shall we start with say, Burton?

8 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think that Poland might be a bit too much at the moment. Shall we start with say, Burton?

Strategic mistake I feel. A non-aggression pact with Burton on Trent will be needed during the initial assault on Long Eaton, Attenborough, Beeston (who will likely greet us as merciful liberators) before an undoubtedly much longer battle for control of the Trent and Fawazgrad. Once threats from east have been secured we can march on to conquer the riches of Staffordshire and bring Rowett queen of stokies to justice.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

With the cuts to our military, and the PC drive to recruit any bloody idiot regardless......Burton would be a bridge too far

1 minute ago, Barnetbyram said:

With the cuts to our military, and the PC drive to recruit any bloody idiot regardless......Burton would be a bridge too far

burton bridge?  Hmmm.....  beer.  with that thought I'm finished for the day

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 07:29, Duracell said:

Is there anything that’s more small-club mentality than being paranoid about the BBC not caring about us?

Oh but it's so different now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44376097

'Derby County will face Reading in Frank Lampard's first game in charge of the Rams when the 2018-19 Championship campaign starts in August.

The match at the Madejski Stadium, on Friday, 3 August (20:00 BST), will kick off the English Football League season.'

(Oh yeah, and here are the other matches.)

I am also loving having the Rams manager as a World Cup pundit. 

Start of happy days I hope.??????

Archived