Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, superzak said:

we beat fulham with 10 men ...Tom lawrence was absolutely useless. Still the atmosphere was great worth all of my 25 quid sat 3 seats from Don (I hate derby ) Goodman..well he was stood up doing his boring commentary lol

You should have spent more time watching the match rather than watching Don Goodman

Finger nails gone what the hell can I chew Monday ?!??!

Soild performance, fans amazing, maybe should of been slightly more adventurous but hey ho we’re 1-0 up a half time ?

Rowett and Jerome you are winning me over (but please leave someone up an the opposition corners) 

Time for a glass red, have a great weekend Rams fans. Roll on Monday, it’ll be a rollercoaster ?

Viva la Shithouse.

Rowett nailed it tonight. Even down to the right time to change the system.

How many chances did Fulham get? Maybe one half chance and an attempt from distance?

Proper Mourinho-ball that was. Loved it. Never going to outplay them, so why try?

Weimann and Lawrence so close to being fantastic tonight but did misplace a few key passes when we broke on them which is unfortunate.

The defence were all 8's, Davies a 10, Johnson and Huddlestone great and Jerome scored a bullet header with his only chance. Pragmatic and effective football - the Rowett way.

"Ooh but we defended when we're the home team"... so what? Rather be where we are now than having lost 4-1 trying to play like McClaren 2014.

Going to be tough to match that workrate again in 3 days time but we've given ourselves a sniff.

Great evening.

Up the Rams!

Great night out. Very professional performance from all concerned.

I don't think we had a kick for the first 10 minutes, but for all their keep-ball they only really looked dangerous in that 5 minutes with the one that hit the woodwork and the volley over the bar. We were close to breaking them down on the break 3 or 4 times but weren't clinical.

Special shout for Tom Huddlestone. Grafted hard, but when he had the chance to get it down and get his head up, I thought his passing was absolutely magnificent.

Curtis Davies was immense. Cam looked a threat and what a header from an excellent cross from Foz.

Lawrence and Vyds never really got going in an attacking sense. Frustratingly wafty.

No moaning tonight though. Well done Derby County. 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Their domination and their possession didn't prove to be decisive tonight. But with only one goal separating the teams, it just might be decisive on Monday.

I'm delighted we won and kept a clean sheet and definitely Rowett and the team have exceeded my expectations in recent weeks. But it is tinged with disappointment that we didn't put ourselves in a more comfortable position going into the second leg.

I really wanted us to win 2 or 3-0 as we would have had one foot in the final.

As it is, I think Fulham will feel confident about overturning a one-goal lead. Even though we have the numerical advantage on the scoreboard, the overall advantage lies with Fulham because they are playing at home in the second leg and only need to take one chance to wipe out all our hard work from today's game.

And if you allow a team to have 70% possession and control large parts of the game, that chance will come.

Yep and derby only need to take one chance to make it double hard for them ,,, I do know that we are certainly capable of nicking a goal or two at craven cottage ,, very easy to forget they can be scored against and we have players who can and do score 

Thought we totally owned them tonight. For all their pretty posession they didn't really have the chances we did. Didn't ice feel like we would concede.

weimann was wasteful going forward but he did a great defensive job when it's not his best position. 

Top job to a man and the crowd were excellent.

some of the posters on here really do make the place depressing at times. Cheer up you miserable sods.

now lets go to their place and put a resilient performance in and keep a clean sheet.

Christ. Can’t win with some of our fans. Under clement we had possession based football and sometimes lost by the odd goal and we moan. Then, we play on the counter and have a solid shape and win by the odd goal. We moan. I mean seriously. Shout out to big Curtis and Wisdom tonight 

Flags were outstanding.

Who really wants to play Derby now?

15 Derby players have played three or more Play Off games!!

We know that this was a factor in some of  them being signed by Rowlett.

Rowlett has done enough to be manager next season, regardless.

Just now, ivo_knoflicek said:

Not sure whether anyone has already done the “has Wisdom let Sessegnon out of his pocket yet?” line, so thought I’d mention it just in case.

I was just gonna mention that. He looked scared to death of wisdom ?

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Flags were outstanding.

Who really wants to play Derby now?

15 Derby players have played three or more Play Off games!!

We know that this was a factor in some of  them being signed by Rowlett.

Rowlett has done enough to be manager next season, regardless.

Who is Rowlett? I understand people getting the spelling wrong once, but twice in the same post!

4 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Not sure whether anyone has already done the “has Wisdom let Sessegnon out of his pocket yet?” line, so thought I’d mention it just in case.

He let him out so he could be subbed, but told him just to climb back in on Monday.

16 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Great performance but shame about the poor attendance

I want the names and addresses of all the fans who chose not to go tonight and watched it on the tv instead - they're not allowed to come to Wembley. 

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Yep and derby only need to take one chance to make it double hard for them ,,, I do know that we are certainly capable of nicking a goal or two at craven cottage ,, very easy to forget they can be scored against and we have players who can and do score 

I just think tonight was a missed opportunity to make having the home leg first count and press home any advantage. 

We just lacked quality and composure to deliver that all important final pass.

I think back to the 2005 play-offs and there are parallels. What a difference Preston's second goal in the first leg made to the complexion of the tie.

A second goal for us tonight would have been massive. A great performance and a great win but the only disappointment is that we didn't make more of it, as we'll be up against it on Monday night.

Archived