Well done Colin!

RoyMac5

59 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As you like it so much I'll pass it over to you - you're an expert then. ?

Don't like it - just realise that sometimes, I'm wrong - and when I know I'm wrong, I say so instead of hiding for a couple of months and hoping that people will forget. That's why every year or so, I like to post a "Look what abc said about xyz" thread. It reveals a few surprises, because memories are short but the internet - that remembers forever. No Google "Right to be forgotten" on DCFCFans.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are being ridiculous and provocative just for the sake of it Roy. Behave yourself or go and sit on the naughty step.

Nope. I'm really pleased for Colin and Bryso. Plus I most definitely did not want Fulham to go up.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. I'm really pleased for Colin and Bryso. Plus I most definitely did not want Fulham to go up.

Curious, what Fulham have done to upset you? Was it the Michael Jackson statue or the fact they play at a ground with a cricket pavilion?

1 minute ago, David said:

Curious, what Fulham have done to upset you? Was it the Michael Jackson statue or the fact they play at a ground with a cricket pavilion?

Lol. I don't like the colour they play in...err no, errm I think if Jokanovich had returned Martin in the Jan window then things might have gone quite differently for Derby. 

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. I don't like the colour they play in...err no, errm I think if Jokanovich had returned Martin in the Jan window then things might have gone quite differently for Derby. 

We were more at fault for what happened with that than they were. 

16 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Craig Short - Notts County, Third Division to Second Division 1990, Second Division to First Division 1991

"I remember his first words he said to me when we first sat down, and it was if you're good enough you're old enough.

"I never dreamed that would be as centre-back, but he converted me from a midfielder. He said 'I've tried you everywhere else son, you're enthusiastic and determined so I want to try you at centre-back' - I have a lot to owe him for my career.

"He made it simple for me, concentrated on my strengths and he used to assign you a man to mark, something you'd only really seen in the Italian leagues.

"You've seen that through his career where he concentrated on people's strengths, never ever dwelled on weaknesses and is one of the best motivators I've ever come across.

"Neil will tell you himself he doesn't go over the top with his coaching, he keeps it very simple, and very, very basic, but he knows the characters and players he wants. He hasn't changed very much over the years even when football has, but he keeps it simple and it's been successful so why change it?"

Dear Mr Tan,

As I'm sure you are aware, Colin isn't up to pl standard, but if you move fast you could appoint a manager with track record of keeping rubbish sides up, like Gary Monk or Paul Clement. I think you should also change the team colours again, but perhaps all white this time, and change the bluebird to an osprey. Effect the above changes and the Cardiff people will love you.

Regards,

Huw Jenkins.

On 06/05/2018 at 14:57, RoyMac5 said:

He's a better version of Rowett - remember when Brum beat us in injury time, Rowett was as charming then as Colin can be! ?

Rowett isn't quite as direct as Warnock though, judging by the Derby v Cardiff game recently. Using the stats on the Derby County website. the percentage of 'long passes' Cardiff played was 30%.  Whereas Derby hoofed it forward aimlessly, sorry I mean moved the ball forward swiftly, a mere 26% of the time. 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Don't know, but he's still better than a lot of his expensive replacements. Hamstrings aside!!

Wouldn’t want to rely on his hamstrings though would you, that’s the problem. Doubt he got a full season left in his legs, could say the timing was perfect to let him go

Archived