Well done Colin!

RoyMac5

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

What injuries did we have?

The main one was Giles Barnes. 

20 hours ago, jimbobram said:

What was really unfortunate ?

We had a few games where we just didn't get the rub of the green and deserved more than we got, off the top of my head;

Chelsea home - had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside, their 2nd was a foul in the build up

Utd at home - Foster had the game of his life, they scored 80+ minutes

Liverpool at home - last minute winner

Bolton away - last minute winner, minutes after Michael Johnson hit the crossbar

West Ham away - Savage missed a sitter then they went up the other end and scored a late winner (with their 1st shot of the 2nd half) 

Blackburn home - missed a penalty at 1-0 up ended up losing 2-1 after they score both within 5 minutes of us missing

Newcastle away - last minute equaliser

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

We had a few games where we just didn't get the rub of the green and deserved more than we got, off the top of my head;

Chelsea home - had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside, their 2nd was a foul in the build up

Bolton away - last minute winner, minutes after Michael Johnson hit the crossbar

West Ham away - Savage missed a sitter then they went up the other end and scored a late winner (with their 1st shot of the 2nd half) 

Blackburn home - missed a penalty at 1-0 up ended up losing 2-1 after they score both within 5 minutes of us missing

That’s an impressive analysis, but also slightly concerning that each one of these occasions seems to be etched into your mind 10 years later. I fear you may need counselling. Or have you dug out your diary from 10 years ago?

im just glad I was travelling that year. I was at the first game, which we drew against Portsmouth, and it all seeemd like we might do okay, and I flew off to Kenya 2 days later, and didn’t come back til the season was well and truly over. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s an impressive analysis, but also slightly concerning that each one of these occasions seems to be etched into your mind 10 years later. I fear you may need counselling. Or have you dug out your diary from 10 years ago?

im just glad I was travelling that year. I was at the first game, which we drew against Portsmouth, and it all seeemd like we might do okay, and I flew off to Kenya 2 days later, and didn’t come back til the season was well and truly over. 

I remember the Man U game, as there was a young bloke sat in front of us who clearly was an away fan desperately trying to sit on his hands every time they got an attack going. As the game got more and more towards 90 minutes, he was getting funnier to watch, trying not to leap up and shout encouragement to his beloved red devils. When they scored, he got up and left, out of relief.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

But all clubs down this end of the table will have that happen. We just don't pay attention, because we are Derby fans. We weren't unfortunate, we were just poo. Simple

4 hours ago, rynny said:

SethLad and Mears as well.

Smashed Fulham away, hit the woodwork three times, 0-0 draw

Barnes missing a last minute sitter against Liverpool, Gerrard scoring straight after.

29 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

But all clubs down this end of the table will have that happen. We just don't pay attention, because we are Derby fans. We weren't unfortunate, we were just poo. Simple

Of course we were unfortunate. The point being we were the perfect concoction of unlucky AND awful

17 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I understand why you said that but I think it hurt us for years after, where did those millions go?

Dunno.

Why are we trying again if it will only end in misery? Impossible to predict how things end but going up was great and some of the Prem was good too...

23 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I remember poo that I shouldn't remember and should forget, and forget stuff that I need to remember. 

On 02/10/2018 at 09:18, TigerTedd said:

Two week holiday was it then?

Archived