Glenn Kamara

Carnero

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so Youtube maybe not the best way to judge a player and I'd never heard of him before this thread but he looks the absolute business, Passes well and off both feet, reads the game, tackles well, got wheels and seems to work hard. What's not to like?

Before I get too excited do we actually have any chance of signing him?

35 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Youtube maybe not the best way to judge a player

I remember being very excited about Jacob Butterfield based on a YouTube video. But then i was also excited that the mighty Rams were casually buying other teams best players. Fast forward a couple of years and it turns out Huddersfield pulled our pants down, flew up without him, and casually bought our best player.

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I remember being very excited about Jacob Butterfield based on a YouTube video. But then i was also excited that the mighty Rams were casually buying other teams best players. Fast forward a couple of years and it turns out Huddersfield pulled our pants down, flew up without him, and casually bought our best player.

They probably bought him on the strength of YouTube vid too ?

Butters looked good it's true, but he's turned out to be a bit of a knob  and while he looked technically decent (which I think he probably is), he didn't have the physical tools this lad appears to. Doubtless he'll go elsewhere anyway so I'll try not to get too excited!

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Can we offer 2m cash and throw in butterfield and nick blackman as part of the deal I can see both doing well up there.

Unfortunately B4 I think Butterfield's and Blackman's wages would be close to, if not more than, their entire first 11's wages combined. So unless we agreed to pay a huge portion of their wages, it doesn't seem like a viable option 

.But they say consider seriuorse money even if we say 3m plus players butterfield cost us 4m and blackman another 2m. Like us offering 10m for there player. Like manager saying he will sell if he thinks improve there team. They be getting 2 players thrown into bargin.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

.But they say consider seriuorse money even if we say 3m plus players butterfield cost us 4m and blackman another 2m. Like us offering 10m for there player. Like manager saying he will sell if he thinks improve there team. They be getting 2 players thrown into bargin.

It'll be interesting to see if either Butterfield or Blackman will be given another chance here after returning from their respective loans.

Of course, if money is tight, and we don't bring anyone else in, and we get injuries, we might have to.

Personally, I hope we manage to offload them both. Even better if we can get someone coming the other way.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

B4, that's like asking them to drop down and play in League 2....

It was interesting that their manager stated that he wouldn’t be moving unless it was for similar fees that Celtic paid for another of their promising players. I checked and that was £1.25m according to Transfermarkt.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Stick to rallying calls mate of the players you fancy supporting this week. Leave the business to the professionals!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived