Glenn Kamara

Carnero

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have to share my knowledge of my fellow Finn...Glen "Smooth Operator" Kamara.

A defensive midfielder from Arsenal academy so his technical ability is at a high standard. Best way to recognize it is his ability to make a first-time pass without letting pressure on him at all, but he is very, very skilfull in other departments too. If put under pressure, uses his body very well to take care of the ball. Of course, you need to have some vision make that first time pass too. Even though his upper body strength is not fully developed yet, he is strong in a tackle.So that attitude is there. I'd say he is even better in screening and protecting defensive line though. Comfortable with a ball and quite quick too, so a comparison to Makelele/Kante is understandable.

He is more than likely to take a firm place in Finnish national team in a year or two. I'd put him in straight away, IMO he is ready for it. At the same time, I'm certain he would be ready to make a step up to Championship or PL. The Scottish league is certainly not his level, he has been signing of the league. 

I'm really struggling to understand why Arsenal let him go and spend fortunes on Xhaka and Elneny. He is certainly not far from their level if at all.

I'd really like this rumour to be true. But can we fight with Celtic, Rangers, Swansea and Bournemouth? His agent is drumming up the interest to cause a bidding war and Dundee is ready to sell. He would actually be the name which would excite me as there is no system where he couldn't play.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Nice write up @Dimmu. Can he hit blind balls into the channel though?

Yes, he can. 1:40 from this clip.

BTW, Cardiff and Wolves were linked with him in January. Haven't seen them mentioned yet.

15 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I think I have to share my knowledge of my fellow Finn...Glen "Smooth Operator" Kamara.

A defensive midfielder from Arsenal academy so his technical ability is at a high standard. Best way to recognize it is his ability to make a first-time pass without letting pressure on him at all, but he is very, very skilfull in other departments too. If put under pressure, uses his body very well to take care of the ball. Of course, you need to have some vision make that first time pass too. Even though his upper body strength is not fully developed yet, he is strong in a tackle.So that attitude is there. I'd say he is even better in screening and protecting defensive line though. Comfortable with a ball and quite quick too, so a comparison to Makelele/Kante is understandable.

He is more than likely to take a firm place in Finnish national team in a year or two. I'd put him in straight away, IMO he is ready for it. At the same time, I'm certain he would be ready to make a step up to Championship or PL. The Scottish league is certainly not his level, he has been signing of the league. 

I'm really struggling to understand why Arsenal let him go and spend fortunes on Xhaka and Elneny. He is certainly not far from their level if at all.

I'd really like this rumour to be true. But can we fight with Celtic, Rangers, Swansea and Bournemouth? His agent is drumming up the interest to cause a bidding war and Dundee is ready to sell. He would actually be the name which would excite me as there is no system where he couldn't play.

Good write up.... are u his agent? ?

14 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

How come he has a soft spot for the super rams ?

Very close to him as a family member, most of my family are Derby fans because of my grandfather. He went to a few games as a youngster

Archived