F1 2018

Rambam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens

Better race yesterday, hamilton overtaking 3 cars in 1 go was quite exciting.

Kimi is getting criticised for not appearing to show any interest in the mechanic he hit, although it wasnt his fault. Although I am not sure what people really wanted him to do, he could hardly go over and get involved...

• 3 weeks later...

This season's turning out to be a cracker.

Felt sorry for Bottas, who again drove a near-perfect race only to be sunk by bad luck again.

Both RB drivers at fault for the crash I think - good that RB let them race but naive on their part a little to not expect this to be an occasional consequence.

Congrats to Lewis for hanging in there when a win hardly looked likely until the last few laps.

32 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

This season's turning out to be a cracker.

Felt sorry for Bottas, who again drove a near-perfect race only to be sunk by bad luck again.

Both RB drivers at fault for the crash I think - good that RB let them race but naive on their part a little to not expect this to be an occasional consequence.

Congrats to Lewis for hanging in there when a win hardly looked likely until the last few laps.

Payback for Melbourne being said in numerous sources, which seems true and a bit like a football season, perhaps these things balance out. Hamilton was quite low key on the celebrations and reflective on the bad luck of Bottas.

As for Red Bull could agree more but I hope they carry on, it’s great Christian Horner allows his charges to race each other as a top team. Maclaren were largely the same when J.B and Hamilton we’re together. Good for the sports credibility.

Cracking drama, just what F1 has needed, some circuit, the Marshalls don’t seem so hot mind!

Cracking race, please Hamilton got some luck but felt bad for Bottas. 

Imo verstappen was at fault. He went right to follow Ricardos dummy and then when Ricardo switched back verstappen veered back left, off the racing line which left nowhere for Ricardo to go. If he'd cut right on to the racing line he more than likely could have cut back under him to retake the lead when exiting the corner.

i do like that circuit, always has some drama and is a good overtaking track. Would love a London street circuit but I doubt the amount of English pot holes would do the cars much good!! ?

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Cracking race, please Hamilton got some luck but felt bad for Bottas. 

Imo verstappen was at fault. He went right to follow Ricardos dummy and then when Ricardo switched back verstappen veered back left, off the racing line which left nowhere for Ricardo to go. If he'd cut right on to the racing line he more than likely could have cut back under him to retake the lead when exiting the corner.

i do like that circuit, always has some drama and is a good overtaking track. Would love a London street circuit but I doubt the amount of English pot holes would do the cars much good!! ?

You'd get cyclists refusing to take a different route

54 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s okay, extra points should be awarded for each one you get. 

Oh that would be essential viewing. 

Here you go Lance, you get pedalling. Banned? Not here son, saddle up. 

• 4 weeks later...

For all it’s glitz and glamour, Monaco has to be the most boring Grand Prix going.

Mad Max nearly made it look interesting, LeClerc was unfortunate to add a little drama in the last 10 laps but after qualifying it was all a bit meh today.

Tyres ruined the race - if drivers don't have confidence in their cars on a circuit like Monaco and can't get close enough to challenge, it turns into a procession. However pleased I am for Ricciardo, there's no way he should have been able to stay ahead given the technical problems he was having - one of the most dreary GPs I can remember....

I actually thought it was quite good for Monaco. And it's still the best race on the calendar, I mean who wouldn't want to be there?

Then again, I liked it in the days when there was only 3 overtakes all race at places like Canada and Belgium. Made you feel like you'd earned it when it happened.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Toyota - 5 times runners up at Le Mans - finally lift their 30-year curse and win the biggest race of them all.

Alonso was one of the drivers. 2/3 of the Triple Crown done, which is arguably a more significant achievement than a third world title would’ve been.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44510955

I know nothing about motorsports, what’s the third, out of interest. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I know nothing about motorsports, what’s the third, out of interest. 

Indy 500.

The “Triple Crown” is the three biggest races in motorsport, Monaco GP (sole say F1 world title), Indy 500, Le Mans 24 Hours. Only Graham Hill has done it before.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived