NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Probably not? I'm really bad at knowing what songs belong to which artists ? 

Pats are going to win though. I don't feel like watching the Pats win again. I'll have a lovely sleep instead.

To be fair, there’s no chance I’ll stay up and watch it.ill probably check the score before deciding whether to watch the highlights.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

To be fair, there’s no chance I’ll stay up and watch it.ill probably check the score before deciding whether to watch the highlights.

I might take the Monday off anyway. Cos there's zero chance all my New Orleans dwelling friends will be attending Super Bowl parties like they usually do, so they'll all be at their computers ? 

Probs just sleep though.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If it makes you feel any better @SaintRam?

Screenshot_20190121-123538.jpg

I have no stake in your gambling - £45 off the bookmakers is always nice, though.

BUT, on that topic - I don't bet myself but I did tell my friend to bet on Taysom Hill getting a TD and the Rams & Patriots to win. So he's pretty happy with me. 

The first quarter, certainly, was difficult to watch. Gurley had a horrible opening few plays, before getting a touchdown, and then before being dropped to the sideline in favour of the bowling ball - CJ Anderson.

Saints are a great team, no doubt about it, and I think both sides gave a great account of themselves on both sides of the ball. The Saints run defence is other worldly, but then again I thought our run defence stepped up even more so than the week before. It led to more passing plays than I think either team would have wanted, but luckily Goff was able to stand up to the challenge and eradicate any doubt that he's not mentally tough.  

When you look at the numbers, you can see how evenly the game was match:

image.png.54900618cf0533093aa1b607dc53681c.png

The call that ultimately cost Saints from running the clock down was awful, so it's not surprising that the NFL have acted to state that was the case. The refs were bad for both teams, the missed facemask on Goff was huge and could have seen us score a TD earlier in the match, so whilst not as critical because of the time of it happening, still hurt us. 

Now for the Pats in two weeks: I wasn't sure which I preferred out of the two AFC teams, because Chiefs are the better team, but they hugely miss Hunt. Patriots, I'm convinced, aren't actually that good but seem to get it done against the better teams. They've got a losing record on the road in the regular season and they've lost to five non play-off sides in Jags, Lions, Steelers, Titans & Dolphins. I said before the game, whoever went through in the NFC game would be my favourite for the game. It's the first time McVay will go up against Bill Belichick, although it's also worth noting that Wade Phillips has a winning record against Belichick's teams - including the Bronco's AFC Championship win against Patriots in 2016. Belichick gave a lot of credit to Phillips after that win. 

I can't wait! 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The first quarter, certainly, was difficult to watch. Gurley had a horrible opening few plays, before getting a touchdown, and then before being dropped to the sideline in favour of the bowling ball - CJ Anderson.

Saints are a great team, no doubt about it, and I think both sides gave a great account of themselves on both sides of the ball. The Saints run defence is other worldly, but then again I thought our run defence stepped up even more so than the week before. It led to more passing plays than I think either team would have wanted, but luckily Goff was able to stand up to the challenge and eradicate any doubt that he's not mentally tough.  

When you look at the numbers, you can see how evenly the game was match:

image.png.54900618cf0533093aa1b607dc53681c.png

The call that ultimately cost Saints from running the clock down was awful, so it's not surprising that the NFL have acted to state that was the case. The refs were bad for both teams, the missed facemask on Goff was huge and could have seen us score a TD earlier in the match, so whilst not as critical because of the time of it happening, still hurt us. 

Now for the Pats in two weeks: I wasn't sure which I preferred out of the two AFC teams, because Chiefs are the better team, but they hugely miss Hunt. Patriots, I'm convinced, aren't actually that good but seem to get it done against the better teams. They've got a losing record on the road in the regular season and they've lost to five non play-off sides in Jags, Lions, Steelers, Titans & Dolphins. I said before the game, whoever went through in the NFC game would be my favourite for the game. It's the first time McVay will go up against Bill Belichick, although it's also worth noting that Wade Phillips has a winning record against Belichick's teams - including the Bronco's AFC Championship win against Patriots in 2016. Belichick gave a lot of credit to Phillips after that win. 

I can't wait! 

No, it did NOT stop the Saints from running the clock down, they still had to score.

It was tied FFS!

At the time it was 20-20

The Saints could have fumbled, had an interception or scored too quickly making all this redundant. Or they could have run it down and then missed the FG. Or hit the field goal and the Rams has a chance to respond. They had no ability to run the clockdown leaving a 1 second FG at that time.

The Cowboys failed to punch it in against the Rams from the 1-yard line last week. Similarly, the Rams failed last week and this week to score from in so close. It wasn't a gimme the way the Rams D was playing by any stretch. 

This play *could* may even would, have won it for the Saints but I'm sick to ducking death of people treating it like a fait acomplis. 

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

No, it did NOT stop the Saints from running the clock down, they still had to score.

It was tied FFS!

At the time it was 20-20

The Saints could have fumbled, had an interception or scored too quickly making all this redundant. Or they could have run it down and then missed the FG. Or hit the field goal and the Rams has a chance to respond. They had no ability to run the clockdown leaving a 1 second FG at that time.

The Cowboys failed to punch it in against the Rams from the 1-yard line last week. Similarly, the Rams failed last week and this week to score from in so close. It wasn't a gimme the way the Rams D was playing by any stretch. 

This play *could* may even would, have won it for the Saints but I'm sick to ducking death of people treating it like a fait acomplis. 

I don't know why you're so salty about the game getting robbed ? 

Especially when your team is in the SB ? 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know why you're so salty about the game getting robbed ? 

Especially when your team is in the SB ? 

Tricky to read body language and intent from comments.

I could explain, but I'd never get any work done and anyway, it's a product of living here.

You would think it would be like living in the UK, just warmer, at least here in Florida, but the psyche is sooo different.

I spent a lot of time here both for pleasure (usually watching the Rams) or working prior to moving here and it's nothing like I expected. Hence we're heading home in the next year or so.

It's a weird country that suggests one thing on the tin and offers something else when you open that sucker up.

As for being salty. You'd be ducking salty if you lived in a country run by such a ducking tanker. ?

16 minutes ago, David said:

?

That's a shame haha

Imagine rescheduling the Superbowl! What a story that would be.

They've got their hopes up because there is a rule that states the commissioner has the sole power to reschedule "from the point at which the extraordinary act occured" (So, hypothetically, the game would begin again at that 3rd and 12). 

But it's unheard of, so I've no idea if this would fall even close to what Roger Goodell and the NFL count as "extraordinary". I highly doubt it would. HIGHLY doubt. Someone probably would need to get hit by a rock from the stands when they're about to run in a game winning TD or something.

Archived