NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

Just now, David said:

Was as perfect as the holding call against Haden when Steelers played the Saints! 

Swings and roundabouts... yes it was a bad call but they happen every week, unfortunately the closer to the Super Bowl you get the more it matters. If it was against the rams I’d be annoyed and quite rightly, luckily it was for us though. ? hoping chiefs win this as that’d be a hell of a SuperBowl.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

worst NON-call all season. And I'm not a Saint fan ?

You're not a fan period if you think that was literally the worst call all season. There are calls like that in every freakin game. It's just that it happened at a crucial time with so many eyes on it.

It was a horrible call, but they happen every single game. Seriously, every one. 

Donald gets held 3 or 4 times per game blatantly and it doesn't get called. Goff was blatantly face-masked today and the following PI was tippy tap at best.

When the Pats beat the Rams in 2001, Warner was brutalized and in the modern game there would have been double-digit personal foul penalties. As a Rams fan it still pizzes me off.

The Saints should have been out of sight in the first quarter like Derby should have yesterday, but it didn't happen.

Feel bad for @SaintRam as I've been there and it sucks. Nothing can make that crappy feeling go away.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Throwing it at big moments to someone covered by an inexperienced member of the secondary also adds the increased possibility of a P.I. call, as they're desperate to just not let the receiver catch it - that is something that is legitimately considered in play-calling. 

And, should have worked out.

Anyway, ima head out. Last year against the Vikings was one thing - just a player making an error to lose the game, but it still hurt. This is something else entirely. 

Legitimate play call maybe but it’s stil risky putting the ball in the air even with the possibility of a PI penalty.

Run it, probably not get the first down but you’re in field goal range and eaten a few more seconds. ?‍♂️

Obviously, I'm pumped as I've been following the Rams 35 years and been to many games in person, but seriously, the officiating needs sorting out.

Having said that, how did the Saints blow it from being in such an overwhelmingly commanding position and looking to run away with the game? I thought it was going to be 35+ to 3 or 7 early on.

SP can rightly blame that call, but he has to shoulder a lot of the blame because the game should have been over and done with waaaaaaay before that incident. Brees wasn't at his best either.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Legitimate play call maybe but it’s stil risky putting the ball in the air even with the possibility of a PI penalty.

Run it, probably not get the first down but you’re in field goal range and eaten a few more seconds. ?‍♂️

Certain pass plays are no more risky than run plays.

I don’t like the Pats, particularly the whole underdogs narrative they’re trying to peddle but you absolutely have to admire them.

Imagine following a team in any sport that was that intelligent, well prepared and excellent in so many aspects. For fans actually from NE who’ve followed them all their lives it must be amazing.

Christ I hope they lose.

27 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You're not a fan period if you think that was literally the worst call all season. There are calls like that in every freakin game. It's just that it happened at a crucial time with so many eyes on it.

It was a horrible call, but they happen every single game. Seriously, every one. 

Donald gets held 3 or 4 times per game blatantly and it doesn't get called. Goff was blatantly face-masked today and the following PI was tippy tap at best.

When the Pats beat the Rams in 2001, Warner was brutalized and in the modern game there would have been double-digit personal foul penalties. As a Rams fan it still pizzes me off.

The Saints should have been out of sight in the first quarter like Derby should have yesterday, but it didn't happen.

Feel bad for @SaintRam as I've been there and it sucks. Nothing can make that crappy feeling go away.

Cool down... Have a cold beer..... 

47 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

At least I have a team I definitely want to win the super bowl now, Go Rams ?

I'll be skipping the SB this year ?

Just now, David said:

Not a Maroon 5 fan?

Probably not? I'm really bad at knowing what songs belong to which artists ? 

Pats are going to win though. I don't feel like watching the Pats win again. I'll have a lovely sleep instead.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Probably not? I'm really bad at knowing what songs belong to which artists ? 

Pats are going to win though. I don't feel like watching the Pats win again. I'll have a lovely sleep instead.

Think that’s what was going off here, helping send him off to sleep ?

F29236F3-C46E-4815-8D18-410194087BBF.jpeg

4 minutes ago, David said:

Think that’s what was going off here, helping send him off to sleep ?

F29236F3-C46E-4815-8D18-410194087BBF.jpeg

I saw someone post that image yesterday.

In real time that was quite funny to watch. Didn't see the guy, so to avoid stepping on him, he jumps up - parts his legs (with this left foot glancing the helmet) and sits on him ? 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I saw someone post that image yesterday.

In real time that was quite funny to watch. Didn't see the guy, so to avoid stepping on him, he jumps up - parts his legs (with this left foot glancing the helmet) and sits on him ? 

Kinky.

Archived