NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

Just now, SaintRam said:

Maybe - but I'm pretty high on the Chargers. I think the Patriots are the worst of the 4 top seeded teams.

Brady though, big game player. 

Got this horrible feeling we’re heading for a Brady v Foles re run.

Call me nuts, I have myself. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Brady though, big game player. 

Got this horrible feeling we’re heading for a Brady v Foles re run.

Call me nuts, I have myself. 

Once you get to the final 8, when the 8 are as competent as they are this year across the board, I don't think any SB situation is particularly crazy.

I'd be disappointed if Foles got to the SB again, for obvious reasons. I'd also be disappointed if Brady did too, as he just simply hasn't been good this year and in Rivers, Mahomes and Luck you have 3 AFC QBs who've been playing at an MVP/Near MVP level all year.

37 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Once you get to the final 8, when the 8 are as competent as they are this year across the board, I don't think any SB situation is particularly crazy.

I'd be disappointed if Foles got to the SB again, for obvious reasons. I'd also be disappointed if Brady did too, as he just simply hasn't been good this year and in Rivers, Mahomes and Luck you have 3 AFC QBs who've been playing at an MVP/Near MVP level all year.

I can’t be the only one struggling to believe not only did the Eagles win last night but they are even in the play offs? 

3 minutes ago, David said:

I can’t be the only one struggling to believe not only did the Eagles win last night but they are even in the play offs? 

I am definitely surprised they won last night, but it was mostly because the Bears offense was far too inept to take advantage of Eagle's woeful secondary. You can't rely on your great defense to score all your points for you. Not sustainable.

But as for making it into the playoffs I'm not too surprised, the lower seedings for the NFC (Cowboys and below) were all really mediocre and it all really came down to who had the easier games in the last 2 weeks. No-one caused an upset victory, they all won/lost as per the win record of the game.

Swap the Vikings/Eagles (Bears/Redskins) week 17 matchup and it would have been different.

9 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Another late Saturday night/Sunday morning incoming then. 

Can see our D being upto the task but we're going to need another top night from Dakota, Amari and Ezekiel to stand a chance.

I quite enjoyed this weekend. Bizarrely, basically every team in the wildcard round was a defence-first team. So while it was able to hold my attention, I was somewhat bored for large swathes of all the games, they lacked a lot of flair. I expect that to change this weekend as the 3 best offences in the league are introduced, I'm really looking forward to it.

Luckily the Saints game (the last game) starts at 20 to 10, so while it'll be a late night I should be able to get by without taking a morning off work ? 

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I quite enjoyed this weekend. Bizarrely, basically every team in the wildcard round was a defence-first team. So while it was able to hold my attention, I was somewhat bored for large swathes of all the games, they lacked a lot of flair. I expect that to change this weekend as the 3 best offences in the league are introduced, I'm really looking forward to it.

Luckily the Saints game (the last game) starts at 20 to 10, so while it'll be a late night I should be able to get by without taking a morning off work ? 

Yeah I found that too. The first half in all the games kind of went by with both teams cancelling each other out (bar the colts) and it was hard to watch at times. Then the games seemed to open up and some went right down to the wire and had me glued. 

Your game should be wide open but the fresh legs from Thomas, Kamara, Ingram will no doubt come out on top. Philly were there for the taking last night and I can't see Brees making it look like hard work as Trubisky did. Yours and the Chiefs/Colts match should be a shootout. I can see Pats/Chargers being cagey and then I don't really know what to expect from ours as we haven't seen us up against the Rams yet this year. Similar to the Seahawks game I think, our Def plays well but we'll gonna need 25+ points to win still.

19 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Yeah I found that too. The first half in all the games kind of went by with both teams cancelling each other out (bar the colts) and it was hard to watch at times. Then the games seemed to open up and some went right down to the wire and had me glued. 

Your game should be wide open but the fresh legs from Thomas, Kamara, Ingram will no doubt come out on top. Philly were there for the taking last night and I can't see Brees making it look like hard work as Trubisky did. Yours and the Chiefs/Colts match should be a shootout. I can see Pats/Chargers being cagey and then I don't really know what to expect from ours as we haven't seen us up against the Rams yet this year. Similar to the Seahawks game I think, our Def plays well but we'll gonna need 25+ points to win still.

Cowboys at Rams should be interesting. Rams are a weird team.

Wall of uninteresting text regarding your comment about the fresh legs of the Saints:

Really, folks aren't largely aware of this outside of New Orleans fanbase but the key to the Saints chances at true success this year may well lie in the health of Terron Armstead.

Pectoral injuries are heinous for linemen to recover from during a season, and we may well attempt to play the game against the Eagles without him in the hope we can win anyway, and then have him in the games beyond it. Which would be a risk. We are obviously worse without him. But playing him this coming weekend makes it unlikely he'll be healthy for the NFC Championship and/or the SB, should we get there.

Our series of games with awful offensive numbers were all the games he was missing, he came back against the Steelers, boom - offense was good again - but he aggravated the injury a little.

Footage of Dak Prescott next week... 

As the second most sacked QB in the NFL, I have no doubt he'll have a big Aaron Donald-like inprint in him next week. The only concern is their ability to stop the run, although CJ Anderson is playing out of his skin at the moment and Todd Gurley is back to 100%, and Zeek as our ability to stop the run is not great - to say the least. 

It's worth noting that we didn't score more than 30 points in just four games in the regular season, whereas the Cowgirls scored more than 30 on just three occasions. It's a regular Guardiola v Allardyce matchup. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I can't see the pic/gif/vid thanks to works shitty internet access but Rayne Dakota Prescott is a grown man and he'll be back flippin' into the endzone once again next week. ?

The Hot Boy$ are coming for Goff.

The hot boys? If it wasn’t bad enough pinching the Pop Idol logo as your branding.

Thought you was talking about the Chippendales.

Where’s the mutley gif when you need it.

1 hour ago, David said:

The hot boys? If it wasn’t bad enough pinching the Pop Idol logo as your branding.

Thought you was talking about the Chippendales.

Where’s the mutley gif when you need it.

o3xvbvnyu9s11.jpg

These lot, missing the main man in this pic though.

P.S - wouldn't recommend searching "hot boys cowboys" on google, if you're not that way inclined that is. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

o3xvbvnyu9s11.jpg

These lot, missing the main man in this pic though.

P.S - wouldn't recommend searching "hot boys cowboys" on google, if you're not that way inclined that is. 

Defence posing for a photo in the endzone after a takeaway is the Saints thing. Eagles and 'Boys should find their own thing ? 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Defence posing for a photo in the endzone after a takeaway is the Saints thing. Eagles and 'Boys should find their own thing ? 

Isn't that what every team seems to have done this season?

Well everyone except the Falcons D, obviously!

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Isn't that what every team seems to have done this season?

Well everyone except the Falcons D, obviously!

A lot have adopted it. Tbf I'm not actually one bothered by all the other teams that have started doing it, but its become a thing to comment about as NFL network folk, ex-players and the like comment about it being unoriginal literally every time anyone non-Saint does it. As if all those teams are going to tip their hats and come up with a different celebration.

Archived