NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SB winners: New Orleans

AFC Champion: Baltimore. No, I’m not joking; well perhaps half. But I don’t buy the Steelers and I do suspect that every day brings us closer to the day when the Pats are overrun....

NFC Runners up: Atlanta. I see the Saints and the Falcons as the two best teams in it.

#1 Pick: They’re from NY. In order of probability: Jets, Bills, Giants.

Surprise playoff team: Philadelphia...as in they’ll miss the playoffs. To be frank, the only teams that would REALLY surprise me if they fell into a wildcard spot are the obvious ones: Cleveland, Buffalo, NY Jets, Chicago, Detroit, etc. Of that lot, I can only see maybe Detroit even getting anywhere near it.

Biggest Disappointment : you mean, other than Philly right? Houston.

1 hour ago, EssendonRam said:

AFC Champion: Baltimore. No, I’m not joking; well perhaps half. But I don’t buy the Steelers and I do suspect that every day brings us closer to the day when the Pats are overrun....

NFC Runners up: Atlanta. I see the Saints and the Falcons as the two best teams in it.

Surprise playoff team: Philadelphia...as in they’ll miss the playoffs. To be frank, the only teams that would REALLY surprise me if they fell into a wildcard spot are the obvious ones: Cleveland, Buffalo, NY Jets, Chicago, Detroit, etc. Of that lot, I can only see maybe Detroit even getting anywhere near it.

There’s no chance that the Giants are going to be selecting number 1 in next years draft unless they trade with a poor team in the season...

The Giants were not competitive last season in the majority of games and yet still won 3 games. And that was with a Head Coach completely losing the dressing room and causing unrest.

With a stable front office and coaching staff, as well as the talent pool, Giants will be picking 10-20th next year. Not expecting a deep playoff run, but better football and certainly upward progress

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

There’s no chance that the Giants are going to be selecting number 1 in next years draft unless they trade with a poor team in the season...

The Giants were not competitive last season in the majority of games and yet still won 3 games. And that was with a Head Coach completely losing the dressing room and causing unrest.

With a stable front office and coaching staff, as well as the talent pool, Giants will be picking 10-20th next year. Not expecting a deep playoff run, but better football and certainly upward progress

I have no doubt that you’re right beyond the immediate term. I really don’t think the Giants will collapse either but, one of the problems with being in, traditionally, the strongest Division in the NFL is that, if you’re off-the-pace, you can really get whacked around. Your win-loss record, therefore, suffers more than it otherwise would if you were from another Division.

NB: I will just point out that I didn’t say that NYG would be wining the #1 pick. Logically, my statement says they’ll be no worse than the third worst and there are easily 3-4 teams far worse than NYG on top the two other NY sides.

I just think it’s fascinating that the three NY State franchises are at relative low points, all at the same time.

3 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I have no doubt that you’re right beyond the immediate term. I really don’t think the Giants will collapse either but, one of the problems with being in, traditionally, the strongest Division in the NFL is that, if you’re off-the-pace, you can really get whacked around. Your win-loss record, therefore, suffers more than it otherwise would if you were from another Division.

NB: I will just point out that I didn’t say that NYG would be wining the #1 pick. Logically, my statement says they’ll be no worse than the third worst and there are easily 3-4 teams far worse than NYG on top the two other NY sides.

I just think it’s fascinating that the three NY State franchises are at relative low points, all at the same time.

To be fair, the NFC in general appears to be very strong. The NFC East is an interesting one as no one knows if the Eagles can repeat, what the Cowboys are going to look like or if the Redskins are going to compete. The other 3 NFC divisions all have 2 or 3 real contenders.

I reckon the Giants will win 7-9 games this year, which will be pretty good in a loaded NFC but not enough for playoffs

5 minutes ago, r4derby said:

To be fair, the NFC in general appears to be very strong. The NFC East is an interesting one as no one knows if the Eagles can repeat, what the Cowboys are going to look like or if the Redskins are going to compete. The other 3 NFC divisions all have 2 or 3 real contenders.

I reckon the Giants will win 7-9 games this year, which will be pretty good in a loaded NFC but not enough for playoffs

Have you seen their early season draw?

Jags (H)

Cowboys (A)

Texans (A)

Saints (H)

Panthers (A)

Eagles (H)

Falcons (A)

It's a fair bet they'll be 1-6 after Week 7 - and probably 2-5 at best -  and it's a long way back from there with every chance the rot will set in the way New Yorkers support their teams.

2 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Have you seen their early season draw?

Jags (H)

Cowboys (A)

Texans (A)

Saints (H)

Panthers (A)

Eagles (H)

Falcons (A)

It's a fair bet they'll be 1-6 after Week 7 - and probably 2-5 at best -  and it's a long way back from there with every chance the rot will set in the way New Yorkers support their teams.

No idea how good Cowboys or Eagles will be, and like a rivalry match in football, games can be won on grit and determination. Falcons look like they struggle to turn possession into points, Jags will try to win games on field goals if you can stop the run you’ve got them. Texans are a complete unknown. Panthers and Saints will be tricky. We could be 0-7 or 5-2. No idea, but can’t just write off the Giants

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Out of interest @r4derby were you happy the Giants took a RB at #2 when there were so many high ceiling QB’s available?

Saquon’s undoubtedly going to be one of the best RB’s in the league but when’s the next time you think you’ll have that clear of a shot at a 10 year plus franchise QB?

I love Saquon. Had a disagreement with the UK Giants fan group on twitter about it in March, as they were all in going QB. His talent his huge, and is as close to a sure thing as you can get. 

All of the QB’s this year had an element of  risk attached to them. I know this is normally the case but the group felt overhyped. It’s hard to know which of them will make it as a top level QB. Plus, we haven’t had one of the best QB’s in the league anyway. I love Eli, and he has been clutch when needed to be, but he isn’t in the top tier and I’m not sure ever has been.

My concern for finding the next franchise QB will wait another year, Eli will have this season regardless to try and get the Giants back to the playoffs.

If the draft was redone tomorrow, I would still take Saquon.

On 08/09/2018 at 06:33, EssendonRam said:

Are you a Ravens fan @EssendonRam?

AND it's taken less than half a game for Ingrams suspension to officially hurt us. Gillislee fumbles for a Bucs TD ?

I'm worried we're going to feel forced to overwork Kamara and he's gonna get hurt.

On 08/09/2018 at 15:33, EssendonRam said:

Ok, after only part of Week 1, Bills for #1 draft pick by so far it won’t matter.

And the Saints? What on earth is THAT about?

Archived