NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

4 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Ok, after only part of Week 1, Bills for #1 draft pick by so far it won’t matter.

And the Saints? What on earth is THAT about?

The defence returned to type. Lattimore got done in one on ones all game, safeties were constantly in the wrong part of the field, and no-one laid a hand on Fitzpatrick all game. If they keep playing like that, won't be anywhere near the playoffs.

Having said that, we're not all that worried. We are always awful at the start of a season (been 0-2 to start every year since 2013) - and we struggle more against the Bucs offense than the Panthers or the Falcons for some reason, usually. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2018 at 19:49, thederbyram said:

Well that makes you, me and @Srg on here then! Buzzing after yesterday ?

Sorry if this has been answered previously but why Baltimore @thederbyram and @Srg?

In my case, one of my ancestors lived in Baltimore until the Civil War and came to Australia so I was a Colts’ fan until the Colts were stolen.

Then wandered the league half supporting Dallas, mostly barracking against the team resident in Indiana until the Ravens were born...even then, I couldn’t support the Ravens freely until Cleveland got their Browns back...but, since then, I’ve been full on the Ravens. And it’s not just the two Superbowls that have cemented it either. It’s the way the club goes about its entire business.

3 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Sorry if this has been answered previously but why Baltimore @thederbyram and @Srg?

In my case, one of my ancestors lived in Baltimore until the Civil War and came to Australia so I was a Colts’ fan until the Colts were stolen.

Then wandered the league half supporting Dallas, mostly barracking against the team resident in Indiana until the Ravens were born...even then, I couldn’t support the Ravens freely until Cleveland got their Browns back...but, since then, I’ve been full on the Ravens. And it’s not just the two Superbowls that have cemented it either. It’s the way the club goes about its entire business.

A few reasons really.

When I started watching it (about 2010/11 ish) I wanted to like the Rams for obvious reasons, but they were pretty dreadful and lifeless. So I quickly realised that I wasn't taking to the Rams, so kept my options open. I then gravitated to Baltimore with the raucous crowd, the mean persona of defense and some of the all-time great players they had like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, amongst others. Their attitude on the field was like no one else at the time, and their rivalry with the Steelers very much reminded me of Derby v Forest.

It was completely cemented by the fact I was watching The Wire at the time, which is frankly the best show of all time.

It's very much a hard-nosed, blue-collar, rough and ready city and the team matches that, which I can really empathise with.

7 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

For me, I met a friend abroad who happened to be from Baltimore. We exchanged details and kept chatting when we got home. They were a big Ravens fan so we swapped teams Ravens/Derby for our NFL/soccer allegiances.

That was in March 2013. Annoyingly.

But now I'm probably more obsessed than they are, there's a subreddit I'm quite involved in like this place for Derby, and I get just as emotionally invested in the Ravens as I do with Derby! It just built really.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Cleveland kicker Gonzalez will be looking for a new job in the morning. FFS.

Destined to tie this game surely.

Even as a Saints fan I kinda hope they do ? 

Oof. 

And the Saints win it with another Browns missed FG. Horror show for Zane Gonzalez. Must feel dejected.

Saints game management after taking the lead was absolutely woeful. Would have deserved it if Browns had made that kick to take it to OT.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Oof. 

And the Saints win it with another Browns missed FG. Horror show for Zane Gonzalez. Must feel dejected.

Saints game management after taking the lead was absolutely woeful. Would have deserved it if Browns had made that kick to take it to OT.

2 weeks in a row that Gonzalez has  effectively blown a Browns victory. Gotta feel for them!

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

2 weeks in a row that Gonzalez has  effectively blown a Browns victory. Gotta feel for them!

He gets the headline, but really its on their offense. Sure, if he scores his PATs they win, but they should have won by multiple scores. Saints O weren't even present until the 4th quarter and the defense was about average,

They got 6 turnovers last week and only scored points following one of them. This week, all they managed from a turnover was a FG and they threw an interception immediately after making Saints go 3 and out for the 4th time in a row, and from then on the Saints offense was good.

Archived