NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all @Nuwtfly booooo!

Next @BurtonRam7 others have suggested some good options. A couple of things I do (as a Giants fan). I follow a couple of the local beat writers on twitter, as they tend to have scoops or links to the team and latest news. Another way is to literally search “LA Rams” into google and click on the ‘news’ tab. It will bring up loads of articles.

For general NFL, I listen to the ‘Around the NFL’ podcast which is twice a week and check in with the NFL app a couple a times a week to keep up.

lastly, assuming interest is high again, we will do another fantasy draft this year. I found it a good way to find out about other teams and players, and keeps me invested during the season

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2018 at 20:56, Mr Tibbs said:

Get yourself involved with the fantasy league we do, that keeps up interest and their app is a cracking one for keeping tab on scores and players doing the biz! 

How do I get involved in the fantasy league? ?

11 hours ago, thederbyram said:

How do I get involved in the fantasy league? ?

@r4derby ran it last year if I remember rightly. Still got a fair few weeks for the season to start so it won’t be anytime soon, just keep your eyes peeled in here and the inevitable thread for it when it gets going. There will be plenty of notice. 

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

@r4derby ran it last year if I remember rightly. Still got a fair few weeks for the season to start so it won’t be anytime soon, just keep your eyes peeled in here and the inevitable thread for it when it gets going. There will be plenty of notice. 

I've organised a league the last couple of years @thederbyram. @Srg also ran a league on ESPN as well. If the interest is there, I am more than happy to set up another league for this season. We will probably draft late in August though, a week or so before the league season starts to avoid people drafting players now who get season ending injuries/suspensions over the next few weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Created a Fantasy League on NFL.com

Open to all (10 teams so sign up quick). Go to nfl.com and click on fantasy link. You can search for custom league ‘DCFC Fans’ or use the info below:

‘To allow other managers to join your league, send them the League ID# and Password below.’

League ID: 6309367
League Password: lampard

Any problems, let me know. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/06/2018 at 05:34, BurtonRam7 said:

Watched this year’s Super Bowl as my first ever NFL game. Thought I’d try and get into it for the new season, and naturally I’ve chosen the Los Angeles Rams. Could anyone recommend any good ways to keep up to date with what’s happening and learning more about the game as a whole (aside from the rule book)?

There’s also a weekly podcast called In The Pocket with Steve Salisbury and Jay Mueller. It’s by two Americans who’ve lived in Australia for 15-20 years both of whom are very knowledgeable about the NFL. Steve did a weekly radio show here with another American named Ed Wyatt, called Born in the USA for many, many years.

The podcast is relatively new so I can’t honestly say it’s fantastic (yet) but everything Steve does re US sport (and Australian sport and association football for that matter; in fact, Ed Wyatt, his co-host until a couple of seasons ago is an excellent and insightful soccer (association football) commentator).is done as an interested and intelligent fan.

If the 49ers don’t improve this season, you’ll be regaled by Steve’s eloquence in regularly tearing Jed York’s mismanagement of hiS beloved Niners  to shreds if you catch up with it.

Archived