Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

You need to recount your lanes.

Checked while I was out. Definitely four (4) lanes on the M1 going north from junction 25. Definitely saw lorries using three (3) of the four (4) lanes. Thus leaving one (1) lane for the other vehicles to pass said lorries. And still think lorries should be restricted to the two (2) inside lanes on a four(4) lane motorway.

36 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Checked while I was out. Definitely four (4) lanes on the M1 going north from junction 25. Definitely saw lorries using three (3) of the four (4) lanes. Thus leaving one (1) lane for the other vehicles to pass said lorries. And still think lorries should be restricted to the two (2) inside lanes on a four(4) lane motorway.

It read as though they shouldn't be using lanes 2 to 4 ever. Not that 3 lorries shouldn't be using lanes 1 to 3 at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Ikea.

No, not the assembly (which I actually find weirdly therapeutic) or even the hellish thought of being dragged around one of it's stores for hours on end as a child, no, the ordering "system" is the worst thing about it.

Short of stock? No problem; Covid, Brexit, HGV drivers we all know the situation. However not even being able to order an item for delivery at some future date, when that item is in stock at say the Aberdeen store, and instead having to rely on checking the website for online availability at random times is just a ridiculous way of dealing with the problem. Can't be beyond the realms of normal customer service practice to have the Aberdeen store ship the item either to my house, or to my nearest store?

When you go for an interview, for instance, and don't hear anything back.

Or reach out to someone with a query, and receive no response, despite that being a requisite of their role.

Those sorts of things are not on in my book, it's not just rude but denies the opportunity to learn from any feedback available.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

When you go for an interview, for instance, and don't hear anything back.

Or reach out to someone with a query, and receive no response, despite that being a requisite of their role.

Those sorts of things are not on in my book, it's not just rude but denies the opportunity to learn from any feedback available.

I do hope you take this constructively, but you do seem like a needy ducker.

I was reading an article in bed this morning on my phone about the worst song lyrics. Of course the classic Des'ree song "Life" was included, for classics like:

I'm afraid of the dark,
Especially when I'm in a park
And there's no-one else around,

Oh, I get the shivers
I don't want to see a ghost,
It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news

In fact, the whole song is turd.

Anyway, guess which tune has been going round my head ever since?. It's driving me insane.

On 11/11/2021 at 08:56, JoetheRam said:

Ikea.

No, not the assembly (which I actually find weirdly therapeutic) or even the hellish thought of being dragged around one of it's stores for hours on end as a child, no, the ordering "system" is the worst thing about it.

Short of stock? No problem; Covid, Brexit, HGV drivers we all know the situation. However not even being able to order an item for delivery at some future date, when that item is in stock at say the Aberdeen store, and instead having to rely on checking the website for online availability at random times is just a ridiculous way of dealing with the problem. Can't be beyond the realms of normal customer service practice to have the Aberdeen store ship the item either to my house, or to my nearest store?

What about the environmental impact man? More importantly would you pay additional for moving this from Aberdeen? 
Perhaps hire a van and go and get it?

Adults that have advent calendars. 

Advent calendars in which you get something more than a chocolate. Gin, make up... that sort of crap.

'Luxury' advent calendars that cost like £300.

Advent calendars that don't run concurrently with the dates of advent. I.e end on 25th or start after advent has begun.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Advent calendars in which you get something more than a chocolate. Gin, make up... that sort of crap.

Advent calendars that don't run concurrently with the dates of advent. I.e end on 25th or start after advent has begun.

So, Advent calendars basically, yeah?

?

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

My mum buys me and my sister a nativity advent calendar each year. It wouldn't be Christmas without it. Mr Miggins and I have much fun in December trying to predict what lies behind each door. It has become rather competative over the last few years!

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

My mum buys me and my sister a nativity advent calendar each year. It wouldn't be Christmas without it. Mr Miggins and I have much fun in December trying to predict what lies behind each door. It has become rather competative over the last few years!

We traditionally buy our kids those little string bags with gold-wrapped chocolate coins in.

Youngest is now 37!  ?

... And the chocolate is cack!  ?

• 2 weeks later...