Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

49 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

People who just don't do their job - this is from the Milwall game yesterday. He let the corner be taken without the ball being moved.

Second point - stupid football laws, apparently the law is that any part of the ball can 'overhang' the white line. Why introduce ambiguity? Just make it so some part of the ball has to be touching the line - surely?

image.png.1eb70b97946f654f5a815f900976c1b3.png

When I played the ball had to be within the white lines.

If you take a corner, it is a bit cramped, having to avoid the flag and strike the ball cleanly.

Why don’t we make the quadrant bigger and then say the ball has to be completely within it?

Surely that would make life simpler?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

If you take a corner, it is a bit cramped, having to avoid the flag and strike the ball cleanly.

Why don’t we make the quadrant bigger and then say the ball has to be completely within it?

Too easy, rules weren't invented to be simple.?

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Too easy, rules weren't invented to be simple.?

Handball should be given when it hits the hand. Only given when the arm is deliberately used to prevent an advantage. 

One yard line introduced along the six yard box. No one bar the keeper allowed within it at set pieces. Also used at penalties as keeper's limit of movement. 

Any player falling to the floor clutching their face should leave the field for a concussion check. Safety and play acting device. 

43 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Handball should be given when it hits the hand. Only given when the arm is deliberately used to prevent an advantage. 

One yard line introduced along the six yard box. No one bar the keeper allowed within it at set pieces. Also used at penalties as keeper's limit of movement. 

Any player falling to the floor clutching their face should leave the field for a concussion check. Safety and play acting device. 

Anyone diving should be sent off (unless it's against Burnley where their player should be banned for life).

57 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

100% agree with the last one. In fact, if play has to be stopped for any sort of “injury” that player should be forced to go off. It annoys me no end when a player is lying on the ground as if he’s been shot to then refuse the need for a physio.

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

100% agree with the last one. In fact, if play has to be stopped for any sort of “injury” that player should be forced to go off. It annoys me no end when a player is lying on the ground as if he’s been shot to then refuse the need for a physio.

Unless of course if a free kick (or advantage) is given for the incident causing the injury.  

Professional footballers constantly spitting. 

Its unbelievable. Especially bearing in mind Covid. 

They do it ALL the time. 

I have played football for 40+ years and don't recall ever needing to spit on the pitch. 

My kids now copy the bizaare 'get a bottle of water and kinda squirt it half in your mouth and half straight on the floor before gobbing out the rest' thing.. Why?? 

In the Sheff United game, a player came on as they got a free kick and he jogged over to take it and he flobbed a massive golly on the pitch. Just don't get it. Absolutely vile. 

Edited by Chester40

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Doesn't solve the problem of officials not doing their job

29 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Professional footballers constantly spitting. 

Its unbelievable. Especially bearing in mind Covid. 

They do it ALL the time. 

I have played football for 40+ years and don't recall ever needing to spit on the pitch. 

My kids now copy the bizaare 'get a bottle of water and kinda squirt it half in your mouth and half straight on the floor before gobbing out the rest' thing.. Why?? 

In the Sheff United game, a player came on as they got a free kick and he jogged over to take it and he flobbed a massive golly on the pitch. Just don't get it. Absolutely vile. 

You even see golfers spitting - absolutely disgusting!

On 21/11/2020 at 14:00, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

My sister got married in August 2019 and she still hasn't decided whether she wants to keep her maiden name or combine it with her husband's. She definitely doesn't just want to take his name, which I think is perfectly understandable. She's far smarter and tougher than the vast majority of blokes I know.

My wife kept her maiden name. No changing to mine, no double barrell stuff. In fact, sometimes I get called Mr Brennan, which is kind of weird but not an affront to my masculinity. I'm quite happy not to own her.

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

With regards to handball, we already have a defining line (Bottom of the arm pit, or some such twaddle?)  Moving the line makes absolutely no difference.  It's still a line.  A limit.
We already tried the "deliberate" ruling... The refs were incapable of reading the player's minds, so that bit was taken out.  It didn't help that there wasn't enough people on Earth (so, 2 in effect!) that could categorically agree on how a sportsman's body works, and what constitutes "natural movement" v deliberate intent!

Similarly with the peno thing.  Currently, the keeper must keep some part of the body (usually the foot) directly above the goal line (I think that's the latest ruling, but I could quite easily be out of touch!).  It's up to the ref/lino/VAR to determine whether that limitation was breeched or not.  Moving that limit line forward a yard will still require someone to decide whether that limitation was exceeded or not, so again, a pointless exercise in changing it.

Personally, I'd like to see a little more concentration given to exactly when the ball leaves the keepers hand, when punting it forward "from the edge of the area"!  I'm convinced quite a few are outside the 18 yard box!

As for your last para, whilst I'd agree with the sentiment, I fear we'd then have to determine precisely (to within 1,000th of a mm) where "The face" starts and ends!  ?

Good post and all that, but I think you need to go and sit down, take a long hard look at yourself, and then come back and apologise for wasting everyone's time!

??

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

My wife kept her maiden name. No changing to mine, no double barrell stuff. In fact, sometimes I get called Mr Brennan, which is kind of weird but not an affront to my masculinity. I'm quite happy not to own her.

Really wished we had done this.  Married 40 years and the option didn’t even occur to us

Edited by Spanish

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

With regards to handball, we already have a defining line (Bottom of the arm pit, or some such twaddle?)  Moving the line makes absolutely no difference.  It's still a line.  A limit.
We already tried the "deliberate" ruling... The refs were incapable of reading the player's minds, so that bit was taken out.  It didn't help that there wasn't enough people on Earth (so, 2 in effect!) that could categorically agree on how a sportsman's body works, and what constitutes "natural movement" v deliberate intent!

Similarly with the peno thing.  Currently, the keeper must keep some part of the body (usually the foot) directly above the goal line (I think that's the latest ruling, but I could quite easily be out of touch!).  It's up to the ref/lino/VAR to determine whether that limitation was breeched or not.  Moving that limit line forward a yard will still require someone to decide whether that limitation was exceeded or not, so again, a pointless exercise in changing it.

Personally, I'd like to see a little more concentration given to exactly when the ball leaves the keepers hand, when punting it forward "from the edge of the area"!  I'm convinced quite a few are outside the 18 yard box!

As for your last para, whilst I'd agree with the sentiment, I fear we'd then have to determine precisely (to within 1,000th of a mm) where "The face" starts and ends!  ?

Good post and all that, but I think you need to go and sit down, take a long hard look at yourself, and then come back and apologise for wasting everyone's time!

??

Thanks Dad.

9 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

People who just don't do their job - this is from the Milwall game yesterday. He let the corner be taken without the ball being moved.

Second point - stupid football laws, apparently the law is that any part of the ball can 'overhang' the white line. Why introduce ambiguity? Just make it so some part of the ball has to be touching the line - surely?

image.png.1eb70b97946f654f5a815f900976c1b3.png

It's perfectly consistent with any other situation where the ball is 'in' or 'out'. The whole ball has to be over the line for it to be out of play or a goal etc, so any part of the ball over any part of the line must be in.

The one in that picture is not in the quadrant though.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Did she become Mrs Brennan or stay Ms/Miss Brennan?