Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

Police pulling up outside my house in both van & car, knocking on my door by mistake, wrong house, it's the people over the road they wanted.

They only spoke to them for about 2 mins & drove off again, so quite why a van and a car was needed....?

Free donuts ?

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

Police pulling up outside my house in both van & car, knocking on my door by mistake, wrong house, it's the people over the road they wanted.

They only spoke to them for about 2 mins & drove off again, so quite why a van and a car was needed....?

Either way, your neighbours will clearly think it was you who dobbed them in, seeing as the Rozzers came to take your statement before knocking on their door!
Hey... don't shoot the messenger, but that's how it will look from their window!

Maybe sleep with one eye open, for the next few nights?
Night, Night!

?

Just now, TuffLuff said:

When did car headlights get so bright? Feel like the past couple of years I’m getting dazzled every few minutes.

Also where has the obsession for people having their full beams on until after you’ve turned a corner.

I’m getting baffled and dazzled all at once 

4x4s lights are the worst, Mega bright and about a foot higher than car lights. 

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

When did car headlights get so bright? Feel like the past couple of years I’m getting dazzled every few minutes.

Also where has the obsession for people having their full beams on until after you’ve turned a corner.

More new cars on the road may mean brighter lights as they're newer. Newer cars are also more likely to have automatic lights,  meaning full beams are turned off later than if done manually

55 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

More new cars on the road may mean brighter lights as they're newer. Newer cars are also more likely to have automatic lights,  meaning full beams are turned off later than if done manually

Automatic lights?!?! Well in my experience they are not practical and at worst, unsafe if your blinding someone coming the other way on a country road!

14 hours ago, sage said:

4x4s lights are the worst, Mega bright and about a foot higher than car lights. 

They're higher but the actual height of the beam should be acording to legal requirements & can fail the MOT on it. Of course many cars have internal height adjustment on the dashboard, so many people probably just have them set too high.

13 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah this is exactly what I’ve had a lot of recently, right in my eye line

I find the modern, bright LED headlights distracting if I'm being followed by a car with them. I keep getting a flash of blue in my rear view mirror & makes me thing I'm being followed by police/ambulance.

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

They're higher but the actual height of the beam should be acording to legal requirements & can fail the MOT on it. Of course many cars have internal height adjustment on the dashboard, so many people probably just have them set too high.

I find the modern, bright LED headlights distracting if I'm being followed by a car with them. I keep getting a flash of blue in my rear view mirror & makes me thing I'm being followed by police/ambulance.

A trick I was taught by an advance driver, schooled in defensive techniques, was not to look straight ahead but slightly left to the kerb about 100 feet ahead. This puts the dead spot of your retina where the oncoming headlights are so you are less dazzled.

Try it , but I accept no liability whatsoever!!!!!.  There 's confidence for you.? 

Drivers who don't look ahead.  They are in a constant state of nervous wonder, where everything surprises them.  They are not ready when a line starts moving, they only see the car directly in front of them, they never see a light is about to change up ahead, they don't know what is happening on their sides, they are by definition not fit to drive a vehicle, or cast a vote for that matter.

spacer.png

21 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

?

And what's with cyclists that now often have LED lights that flash on and off, usually poorly adjusted and which are just as blinding, distracting and dangerous as car headlights

• 2 weeks later...

People who just don't do their job - this is from the Milwall game yesterday. He let the corner be taken without the ball being moved.

Second point - stupid football laws, apparently the law is that any part of the ball can 'overhang' the white line. Why introduce ambiguity? Just make it so some part of the ball has to be touching the line - surely?

image.png.1eb70b97946f654f5a815f900976c1b3.png

11 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Why won't women put the toilet seat back up when they've finished!

Because the toilet seat should be down when you flush it, otherwise you spray droplets of all that is in there around your bathroom. If you're happy breathing that in, or if you don't flush, then fair enough.